36 coaches online • Server time: 01:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
You run into a brick wall and fall down. What do you do next?
Walk away.
13%
 13%  [ 15 ]
Go and kick a fence.
22%
 22%  [ 24 ]
Get up and run straight back into that wall. Again, and again, until that wall falls down.
63%
 63%  [ 69 ]
Total Votes : 108

The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The League of Heroic Failure

Sick of Powergaming? Worried that you care about your players too much? Answered option 3 in the Poll?

Then The League of Heroic Failure may be for you.

There are leagues to celebrate a lot of things on Fumbbl - skill, speed, technical ability, being an elf, mangling an elf - but to date there has not been one that celebrated the glorious failures of the Bloodbowl world.

We're not just talking about coaches with a poor CR, we're talking about teams with a full-on deficiency of talent. We're talking about teams that don't really stand a chance, but go for it anyway.

The League of Heroic Failure (LoHF) aims to encourage the active participation of weaker teams in the wider Fumbbl communitiy. To celebrate not power-gaming, but underpower-gaming. To get coaches playing the kind of challenging matches where sometimes just not getting massacred is a victory in itself.

Over the course of a season (two months) each team must play a diverse range of opponents, scoring points based on both their performance and the might of their foes. At the end of the season, whichever team has accumulated the most points is declared Grand Underdog, and recives the coveted title The Best of the Worst.

Any Stunty team playing in Ranked, Unranked, Div X or Faction is eligible to join this group, as is any team of deliberately under-powered inidviduals - i.e. all Zombie teams, all Skeleton teams or all Thrall teams.

Join the LoHF - be the Cherry.

Season One - July 1st till August 31st - starting now.

EDIT: BadMrMojo respects our prize (see below). Yesss.

Last edited by The_Mighty_Ren on %b %01, %2005 - %01:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Curro

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

And when that wall fall down, I´ll go for another stone wall! (and for a new head)
nin

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

What about: Sorry miss. May I ask where am I? Oh! You are a wall. That explains the headache then.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea. I will reactivate my Faction Halflings.
The Daisycutters have been notorious for running into walls. Wink

Ironik

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

ELVES! My Bloody DARK ELVES! Or my WOODY ELVES! Ag 4 and missing to catch the ball all the match.... Compare to that
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The Imaginary Hat of Bravery is definitely the coolest prize ever.

Mine has a big plume - a panache, even.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

My halflings (R) are in.

I do especially like it when I knock out or injure my flings from failed dodges or TTM attempts. Well, what should I do, if my opponents are not doing their job well enough??
President

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I've applied with a team of all sauri, who take leap on doubles (one has it already). Dunno if ill be accepted cos they are quite tough, but they sure as hell cant score!
Ironik

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I just made an all Wood Elf Lineelf team, can I join this group?

No. Some linemen are actually pretty good. In fact, most linemen are pretty good. Wood Elfs or Longbeards could run rings (or tackle rings) around plenty of teams with positionals. Your team has to be genuinely under-powered to play.

I disagree. Despite the fact some linemen can SEEM to be better then the other the use(i.e Ag 4) this leads to an illusionary idea that they are able to do everything. but 1 is always a failure and it happens in roughly 13% of the times. Add that to fumBBl statistic.... So this leads to elves coaches that roll too many dices activating the curse of the 1!

In other words, skill is better the talent...
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

You didn't give the option of "Just stay on the floor, bruised and battered and weep gently into the dirt"... Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Curse those walls. They think they can outsmart me but I'll show them..... One day.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the fact that I was automatically entered into this Group!!! Is there anyway I can use already played matches? (don't fancy repeating the Orc and CD CAS-fests to early on!) If not, I'm in anyway!!!!! A whole league dedicated to Macavity-Bowl!!!!!! I feel...so..... HAPPY!!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

A shameless *bump* and call for any other brave Stunty coaches out there in [R] [U] Faction or DivX, or any all-Zombie, all-Thrall teams, etc.

The LoHF has itself 6 Halfling teams, 3 Goblins, 1 Goblin Cheaters, 1 Faries, 1 Chaos Halfing, some all-Sauri lizards and my own confused Dark Elves. Join up anytime to this ongoing league where you can play as many or as few games as you want.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Im sending in both my halfling team - from ranked and unranked! Shire Gluttons and Smorgasbord of Death
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm. I got an invitation for the no big guy flings. So I'm in. It'll give me a reason to play with them. Razz
 Jump to: