30 coaches online • Server time: 08:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
You run into a brick wall and fall down. What do you do next?
Walk away.
13%
 13%  [ 15 ]
Go and kick a fence.
22%
 22%  [ 24 ]
Get up and run straight back into that wall. Again, and again, until that wall falls down.
63%
 63%  [ 69 ]
Total Votes : 108

The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Teg, not quite.

In Slam one you play 1a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e and, if you want, one PACT team.
In Slam two (after you have completed one Slam, you just start the next, with the same rules applying) you again play 1a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e and, if you want, one Pact team.
In Slam three . . . etc

The easiest way to think of it, is to just call the three pact teams group F. You can play one of them (although you don't have to) during every slam you play.
Makes sense now?

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2005 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I was thinking that after I have completed a slam I can complete the grand slam.
To complete the grand slam so I have to complete at least 2 slam (with complete different races) and a match with the race remaining from the goup A

Last edited by Teg on %b %01, %2005 - %11:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2005 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

can anyone here help me with my quest ?
Seems a logical place, I am even willing to fire some players, but guess you guys rather wouldn't have me fire my players Wink ...

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2005 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I can help you with the chaos flings
I still need an elf for this slam

Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

WOW, this is really hotting up. 1 week left and Ploplo and I are neck and neck at the top.

I lost 9 days playing due to my computer dieing, but it's back now.

I just had one of the best games ever. My 149/108 flings were 3-3 with 228/214 Old world with 1 turn to go. He had 4 3+ and 3 2+ for a TD with no reroll, and got it. Then my TTM failed. 3-4. Despite the unlucky lose, I got 110 points for that!!
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm back, in case you've been wondering about the delay in score calculating.
Expect updates galore in the next couple of days.

Pride and prizes (well, okay, just pride) are on the line as we enter the last few days. So, good luck to everyone and thanks for making it a fun league to run.

And yes, Season Two will be starting on the 1st of September. If you have any ideas or comments now is the time to post/mail them.

Ren

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Chiming in with a question...the site hints that all-linemen teams may be admissable, but we should avoid certain high-powered linemen races. (aka dwarves/woodies) Which all-linemen races would you be willing to admit? All skaven linerat, perhaps? (True, they have mutations to make thing wacky, but you don't know unless you ask, right?) Or do you accept on a case-by-case basis? I'm thinking of joining, but don't really get much enjoyment out of flings the few times I've tried them, so...

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

If only i'd read this properly first time around i wouldn't have been so quick to retire my stunty chaos flings. maybe i will make a new stunty team for season 2.

R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll keep going with Ace at being rubbish, they have been so good to me, And SO MUCH FUN to play!!
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Chiming in with a question...the site hints that all-linemen teams may be admissable, but we should avoid certain high-powered linemen races. (aka dwarves/woodies) Which all-linemen races would you be willing to admit? All skaven linerat, perhaps? Or do you accept on a case-by-case basis?

I've been doing it on a case-by-case basis, (though so far I haven't turned anyone down).

Basically, when I was thinking of all-linemen, I was thinking of the really bad linemen - Hobgoblins, Thralls, Zombies and Skeletons. The only two exceptions have been President's All-Sauri (the fact that he had 2 with leap swung it for me) and Redfish's Skelton/Throwra/Blitzra Khemri. They were the toughest calls, and I was worried that the no-mummies Khemri could still be too good - but this isn't a league for taking things too seriously so I gave them a chance.

Having said that, unless someone can convince me of their races' ineptitude (I'd think about all-linemen with no rerolls or apo allowed, depending on the race), I probably wouldn't accept any all-linemen teams of other races. Skaven linemen aren't exactly great, but the access to mutations and extra MA makes them a whole lot better than the more hapless aforementioned Thralls, Hobgobs, Zombies and Skels.

So, to finally end my unneccessarily long answer: no, I probably wouldn't accept any Skaven (or Human, Amazon, Norse, Elf, Dwarf, CD, Chaos, Nurgle or Orc) linemen teams. 40k linemen (max) is what you're aiming for.

IF you don't like 'flings tho, you could try any of the other stunty races.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I have had another look at the teams at the top, and I had missed Teg's Underground Snatch Cowards.

A very impressive feat considering his first game was 27th July, half way through.

So how has he done it, by playing all his games a very long way uphill. Impressive that he has survived so long with such poor FF. Hats off to him.

I was really gutted though, to find out that he has only won 2 of his 35 games! This is supposed to be a league where the failures become heroic and win despite the odds. I feel that perhaps the scoring system needs to be addressed for season 2.

I have won over half of my 42 matches (also with Halflings), despite being the underdog in almost all of them. Surely this is more heroic?

I am trying not to sound like a bad loser becuase I am not one. I am just mentioning that the current score system does not appear to be accurately reflecting the triumphs of our Heroic Failures.

/Rant ends.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

R_Spiskit wrote:
I have had another look at the teams at the top, and I had missed Teg's Underground Snatch Cowards.

A very impressive feat considering his first game was 27th July, half way through.

So how has he done it, by playing all his games a very long way uphill. Impressive that he has survived so long with such poor FF. Hats off to him.

I was really gutted though, to find out that he has only won 2 of his 35 games! This is supposed to be a league where the failures become heroic and win despite the odds. I feel that perhaps the scoring system needs to be addressed for season 2.

I have won over half of my 42 matches (also with Halflings), despite being the underdog in almost all of them. Surely this is more heroic?

I am trying not to sound like a bad loser becuase I am not one. I am just mentioning that the current score system does not appear to be accurately reflecting the triumphs of our Heroic Failures.

/Rant ends.

I think the point is, they have continued to get up and bash themselves against the same wall, regardless of their chances, and that is what the scoring system is based around.

The higher someone plays up, the more chance one day their team will never recover.

If someone only scores a point a game, the will still get 1000 points over 1000 games, because the scoring system is about keeping on going, despite the odds (or at least that is my reading of it).

You will note my team has only lost 1 game, but is not higher up the table, because everyone is free to play as many games as they like, and as per the initial poll, keep bashing themselves against that wall ...
Teg

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

R_Spiskit wrote:

/Rant ends.

Hats off to your winnings record! No other words... you are a very good coach and I think I have much to learn from you.

However I have interpreted this league as a league for fun, to learn to not attach to my players (they are kamikaze Wink they try everything to score a TD also the most suicidal way for the fun without having an apo and without fouling) and to enjoy a match without care of rankings, death and so on.

I like the current scoring system, it encourages you to looking for the hardest match without worry to lose, just try Wink (and try again, and again and again Very Happy).
The only think I propose to change is to limit the season to 3 slams. This will allow to complete a grand slam, encourages to gain more points from every single match and give a chance also to coach with less time to play Wink

And... HAVE FUN! Very Happy Very Happy
ultwe

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Teg wrote:

I like the current scoring system, it encourages you to looking for the hardest match without worry to lose, just try Wink (and try again, and again and again Very Happy).
The only think I propose to change is to limit the season to 3 slams. This will allow to complete a grand slam, encourages to gain more points from every single match and give a chance also to coach with less time to play Wink

And... HAVE FUN! Very Happy Very Happy

That is an idea i like...

Ult.

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Tables of records and the like made a brief appearance in the middle of the season, and they will return at the end. The scoring system will not change, but what will is the ways in which it is possible to gain recognition in the LoHF.

The League is, ultimately, about the effort of trying heroically, not about succeeding. But that does not mean that genuinely impressive achievements of skill and ability should not be recognised. Not only will there be a full set of records to document the various, different stunty achievements within the LoHF but there will be a skill-based title to compliment that of Grand Underdog.

Of course, this does not in anyway lessen the excellence of the eventual winner of the League proper, whomever they may Teg.

Jump to: