21 coaches online • Server time: 01:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
You run into a brick wall and fall down. What do you do next?
Walk away.
13%
 13%  [ 15 ]
Go and kick a fence.
22%
 22%  [ 24 ]
Get up and run straight back into that wall. Again, and again, until that wall falls down.
63%
 63%  [ 69 ]
Total Votes : 108

Teg

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Right! More titles are more fun for everyone Wink
Who can win against so many different races with an halfling team must have a title, so must have a title each coach that can distinguish himself

I like very much the many titles idea Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Me too, but then I am bound to say that.

I apologise for my earlier rant, I do agree that running into that wall 35 times is an excellent acheivement in it's self.

Well done Teg, and all you other wallsplatters, keep up the good work.
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Update

Just one week left in the LoHF and the latest results are up. The LoHF has so far seen:

*25 teams active in Season 1 of the LoHF.

*259 games played with an overall win record of 83/34/142, and an average win % (wins plus half draws) of 45.17%, which is not bad at all, given the that we've played up over 11,000 points of team Strength.

*321 tds scored with 481 against. That's 1.24 for vs 1.88 against per match.

*An impressive 141 little fellows dying in the pursuit of greater glory, but we've out cas'd our opponents 48 times.

*50% of teams with an equal or positive win ratio.

Teg now has what looks like an unassailable lead, but anything can happen in 7 days.

I'll be posting the rule tweaks I've arranged ahead of Season 2 soon - nothing too serious, but it should hopefully give coaches with less time a bit more of a chance.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 2 Rule Changes

There’s nothing too major, but I’ve split what I am proposing to change into sections. Hopefully they’ll make things run a little smoother.

Score Tweaks

In recognition of the fact that TR is far less important that TS when matching teams together, the bonus for playing up TR will be reduced.

Instead of getting +2 per 1-10 points of TR, players will now receive only +1. Note: the TR relative to TS rule still applies, so if you receive +10 points of TS, the maximum TR bonus you will receive will be +5.

Also, players will receive 30 points for completing a Slam (50 points if you are playing in Faction or Ladder) and 150 points for completing a Grand Slam (200 points if you are playing in Faction or Ladder). The bonuses for F and L represent the difficulty of playing a ranging of races in Faction, and of playing any matches at all in Ladder.

Structure Tweaks

There is now a 27 game limit on the number of scoring matches you can play in a season. This number includes any bonus PACT games you play (therefore, if you care playing in U you must choose between attempting your final 30pt and 150pt Slam bonuses, or getting the double match points 1-3 PACT matches can bring).

If you do manage to complete all 27 games (but this option is only available to you once you have completed all 27 games), you can continue to compete by playing ‘replacement games’ – i.e. playing a race you have played before in the hope of getting a better score.

However, you may only replace games with a straight swap (i.e. if you have want to replace Dwarves, you must play Dwarves again, not Khemri or CDs). So if you fail to get the Grand Slam first time round, you won’t be able to use replacement games to get the 150pt Grand Slam bonus.

A replacement game will be a direct swap – if you scored 31pts in your Game 7 versus Dark Elves, and you then score 38pts in your Game 28 replacement game versus Dark Elves, you will gain 7 extra pts.

You do not have to play replacement games, and if you play more than 27 games whilst they won’t score you points, they will still count for the statistical purposes (if you want to break any LoHF records, or just enjoy playing and reporting in the League).

Second Competition

A second, more skill-based contest – the Master Coach Challenge (MCC) – will run alongside the LoHF main league. You will be automatically entered into the MCC when you join the LoHF, and you will not have to play any extra games to compete in it. It is simply a different way of assessing a team’s LoHF performance, and will reward the Coach who play’s most successfully on the field, rather than the Coach who plays with the most bravery.

The manner in which the MCC is assessed should become clear when titles are awarded at the end of Season 1.

I do not believe that these alterations will have too much effect on the game, but if they are unclear, or you have any other comments, please feel free to post them here or PM me.

Ren

Last edited by The_Mighty_Ren on %b %26, %2005 - %14:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
ultwe

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Question... Do peeps that started a slam in this season have to start from scratch again, for team played purpose? (i.e. If I played only 6 games because I joined late do I have to play these teams again to count in a slam?) I am not speaking of keeping my point here (obviously), just "team played" (obviously self interrested, since my 6 games involve the brutal and both tough teams, and i'd rather not play them again for as long as possible.... epecially so since I won in both tough teams matches)

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

ultwe wrote:
Question... Do peeps that started a slam in this season have to start from scratch again, for team played purpose? (i.e. If I played only 6 games because I joined late do I have to play these teams again to count in a slam?) I am not speaking of keeping my point here (obviously), just "team played" (obviously self interrested, since my 6 games involve the brutal and both tough teams, and i'd rather not play them again for as long as possible.... epecially so since I won in both tough teams matches)

Yes.
Sorry.

Although you'll only have three less staving-off matches.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Mighty_Ren wrote:
ultwe wrote:

Yes.
Sorry.

Although you'll only have three less staving-off matches.

In the words of my daughter...
Boohoooo... You're making me upset.. Sad

Moreseriously, it's fine, just thought i'd ask, as a long shot.. Twisted Evil

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Less than 24 hours remain. Time for some late bursts (or late reports)? Good luck to everyone still in with a shot anyway.

The Report Thread for Season 2 goes up tomorrow.

The full range of facts and figures should be ready by the 1st of September.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

And the fans go wild as the Underground Snatch Cowards and Ace at Being Rubbish go neck-and-neck at the top of the table.

Will Season 1 of the League of Heroic Failure be decided on the very last day of the competition? With the rate at which current games are flying in it could go either way.

Whatever happens, it's been fun to run, so I'd like to thank all the Coaches who've taken part.

Long Live Stunty Heroism!

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

My opponent disappeared during a 2-1 victory, and has not come back. Teg is online vs a massive team, well done Teg, I can't catch you now.

I am glad I gave you a run for your money though, good stuff.
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2005 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Season One Breakdown

Season One of the League of Heroic Failure is now over, and we are pleased to congratulate the following people:

*Teg, whose Underground Snatch Cowards won the league, becoming Grand Underdogs with an impressive 2606 pts

*R_Spiskit, whose won the Master Coach Challenge, scoring 374 pts with his Ace at Being Rubbish

Season One also featured the following:

*26 teams playing 289 games 89 / 68 / 132

*362 tds scored with 566 against (1.25 vs 1.96 per match)

*Over 13,000 points of TS played up (almost 40 per match)

*161 permanent deaths

Congratulations to all!

For a full set of figures go: here

Season 2 begins now

Last edited by The_Mighty_Ren on %b %01, %2005 - %12:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
Teg

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2005 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

After an hard season, after he has seen all his mates die again and again, finally Brick Top Polford, the only survivor of the original roster of the Underground Snatch Cowards can wear The Imaginary Hat of Bravery!!

Thanks to all for this League of pure Fun Wink and good luck for the second season!
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Best Teams in. . .

Unranked: Underground Snatch Cowards
Ranked: Sampson Unit
Faction: Fat Fellows

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I started a team and applied for membership, then I played a match, then I found this thread.
I guess this is the proper procedure then.

I'd like to enter Da Hobgoblin Teem. 12 hobgoblins.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=198460
Is this underpower enough. Otherwise I could come up with some extra limitations.
Also I just played versus a Lizard team and accidentally won, earning 28 SPP. Do I have to count that match or can I start over?

Mondays, 20:00-0:00
Tuesdays, 20:00-0:00
Wednesdays, 20:00-0:00
Thursdays, 22:00-0:00
Fridays, preferably not
Weekends, generally daytime 8:00-17:00
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Skrofler wrote:
I started a team and applied for membership, then I played a match, then I found this thread.
I guess this is the proper procedure then.

I'd like to enter Da Hobgoblin Teem. 12 hobgoblins.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=198460
Is this underpower enough. Otherwise I could come up with some extra limitations.
Also I just played versus a Lizard team and accidentally won, earning 28 SPP. Do I have to count that match or can I start over?

They're underpowered enough.
Feel free to count winning matches, some of the Season One teams had some pretty decent records.

The report thread, where you stick your matches, is here.

The League updates have been slack this season because, sadly, in RL I've been doing two jobs. But I have a couple of days off at the end of September so, hopefully, you'll see a massive update them. Including updated scores, stats for this season and the racial stats for the first season.

Ren

Jump to: