22 coaches online • Server time: 02:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Saxo

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Just now i was looking for a game with my Vikings after a crushing defeat by Darkwolf and his nasty necros (he made 6 cas with 1 death and 1 nig and all in the first half) when i realised that only 5 out of 30 teams on gamefinder in ranked were not bashing teams. Thats 84% bashing teams. I havent been paying attention but i hope this is not the trend. That would just be too boring.

Ill keep looking for a team that wont kill of the rest of my puny humans. Confused

Ps. check out the match.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=812567
Pau

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

85% is still really low, you should see how my fellow spaniards play. its all khemri orcs, dwarves and chaos dwarves.
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I had to boycott chaos for awhile too. Bashers are safe, good long term teams. Are necro's bashy or are they semi-bashy?

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Semi-bashy I'd say. They are much like humans, they whack Elves and Skaven but have to use speed and agility against Bashers.

origami

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I group 'em like this:

Bashers: Orcs, Dwarves, Chaos, Chaos Dwarves, Ogre, Khemri
In Between: Norse, Zon, Human, Necro, Undead, Lizards
Agility: All elves, skaven

Jokes: Vamps, Goblin, Halfiling

Oh, and yeah, the proportion of bashy teams has definitely gone up in my time here at fumbbl.
Saxo

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Necros are semi-bashy. My post didnt focus on necros. I just added the necros to supply a little background Smile

Idi Amin on a live television broadcast
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey! Why are two of my ranked teams classified as jokes??!?!?!

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually..... while 85% of the teams on gamefinder might be bashy, that is not a very accurate picture since "certain" lightly armoured teams just don't use gamefinder. They get sick of telling DP loaded, rsc/claw possessing chaos, or any form of dwarves "no thx".

I know when I used pro elves it got crazy. As soon as my team went up on gamefinder I got bombarded by teams wanting to play regardless of whether they intended to win or not.

__Synn
Azurus

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, a lot of the less bashy teams don't use it, and I can't blame them. I know my DEs only use it when they're in (comparatively) good shape.

I tried putting them up when they're down players a few times, but the resulting slew of laughable game offers from bashy sides put me off after a while.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

well, they only go in gamefinder if you open the game launcher for them, right? I never do that until I'm about to go IG.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I think agile teams that go on the gamefinder get games quicker because everybody jumps them. Bashy teams might challenge other bashy teams, but prefer agile teams if they can. Hence the lack of ball teams on the gamefinder. I've made it a habit to not ask elves / skaven for games when I'm seeking for games with my orcs and CD. I still get games in occasionally... whether an elf coach is looking for a challenge, or is just plain stupid, I'll never know.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Its just a shame people dont put their non-bashin teams on gamefinder, since it sort of creates an "evil" circle where many of the non-bashing stay away and consequently other non-bashing teams keep out as well.

Idi Amin on a live television broadcast
neverdodge

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I once had Chaos and dwarves on the finder and a coach asked for a game against my woodies, and when i said "they re not on the finder" he replied "Yes but i found them". So i replied : "don t want to play them, but my chaos is in the same range ..." "Hmm no thanks, i ll better go to bed"
Laughing

Back to the topic, when playing in a scheduled league, bashy often developp slower than Agility, so they end up playing stronger agility team in mid term, and that s not the case in Ranked. People take all the time they want to developp (even not caring about winning at the start of the team).
Plus as i always said, an agility team can humiliate you by winnng 8-0 but will rarely kill your team, as bashy can loose but still hurt. That s why more and more people play bashy or high armor teams.

I would like a game where you earn enough money to buy enough replacement.
Vero

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

origami wrote:
I group 'em like this:

Bashers: Orcs, Dwarves, Chaos, Chaos Dwarves, Ogre, Khemri
In Between: Norse, Zon, Human, Necro, Undead, Lizards
Agility: All elves, skaven

Jokes: Vamps, Goblin, Halfiling

I'd group them like this:

Bashy teams: Teams heavy with MB, PO, DP, Claw, RSF or other armour/injury modifiers/rerolls.

In Between: Teams with some hitting power as well as ball-handling/dodging modifiers/rerolls.

Agility: Teams heavy with ball-handling/dodging modifiers/rerolls.

Jokes: Teams with none of above.
Istarios

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

A few days ago I decided to retire my pro elves. Wanting to go out with a blast, I started looking for bashy teams to retire them. Now after three games against skaven (with a few claws and MB), orcs and chaos dorks, my team has yet to die. In fact they've managed to win 2 of the games, only get 1 permanent injury and generally having the blast they were looking for. Some very funny games, especially because I beg my opponent to foul and complain when he "only" makes a BH.

I would really encourage other elf coaches to make a team that they decide not to care about, and then set out to play bashy teams and die winning. The fun part is that you get to play really "dirty" (something my elves have never done before) and don't feel bad about it. Afterall who's going to complain when your elf team makes "lucky" cas vs. much tougher teams?

Try this at home kids!
 Jump to: