62 coaches online • Server time: 23:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dozer

Post 8 Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I really really dont understand it!

I have been finding it hard to get a game of late and having only just started to read the forums I know why, cos I have a Orc team!

Gosh, I am so supprised that there are so many *beep* players out there who pick on week or only play games they can win.

I am sorry people but some of you guys really suck and have lost the spirit of Blood Bowl! If my team rates the same as yours I will play you. If I am Orc, Human or Elf. To me its all part and part.

Im not playing your team because you may hurt me. was a reply I got from one chalange (although my team rating was less). What is the point of not playing agaist a team if you have the same ratings get on with it and play the game!

crap!

dont cry when a goblin fouls your woodelf blitzer and gives him a niggle. Laugh! get over it and buy another one!

Sorry for ranting like this but it makes me kinda sad that people dont play for fun, they play to win win win. Shallow victorys are worth nothing.

any hoo, I would hope that there are still players out there who are like minded like me and would like to play a game. Come on you Bashers and dashers, ball players and bone crunchers I will take you all on! Very Happy

drop me a message with some ideas for times of games and I will play.

Cheers

Dozer
StarBreeze

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I<3greenskins
Teg

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Dozer is right!
This is Blood Bowl! As the name says blood is a vital part of the game Wink
How many skilled players are died in my league teams? Too many, but it is part of the game, I have re-buyed them and see them gain other skills.

Many say: I dont play against team with dirty play or claws or mighty blow.
So play a elf only league or dont play at all

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

you're a self confessed fouler with MB as first choise and wonder why people avoid playing you with elf teams..... ahh well who's the one crying?

people play for different reasons, i play because i like to play 11 vs 11 skilled bloodbowl. If you like to play 7 vs 11 second half after destoying your opponents team that your perogative and i will never whine about it, i play bashy teams all the time and win, lose or draw so long as my opponent doesn't foul needlessly <i.e just to cause Cas> then i'm happy.

But ask me to play with vast amounts of MB or DP and it's not worth my time rebuilding the team.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?

Last edited by Hammerhiem on Jul 05, 2005 - 12:18; edited 1 time in total
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Well,
I bet, that as usual, only bashers will say 'play everybody' and the dodgeballers will say 'i'll play who i want'...

And, I'll have to agree with the latter... I'll play with who I want to play. If you are a nice guy I'll play you even if your teams are loaded with RSC/Claw/MB. If you are an unpleasant guy I won't play you even if you don't foul...
Simple as that! And no whining about declining challenges will make me change my mind...

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow? well its a skill.... and and guess what I can take it! so IM SORRY! *piff* If I could take Dodge for my blitzer then I would.... Feck man! think about what you write. An Orc is an Orc..... The blitzer in question is my Hard Hittin Blitzer.

YES he is made to stand toward the back line and as soon as that posh, leaping, dodging and blocking elf runs close to him *SLAM* them as hard as he can. Feck you need to use ya loaf and think about how to deal with him. Dont Boycott the whole bloody team!

That is almost my point summed up in one go. I am not flaming you Hammerhiem but to say I am a self confessed fouler is based on the fact 1 of my players has a skill that helps him hurt his targets is, well frankly RUDE. you have never played my team so I would like you to not judge them based on that.

The fact my Thrower has AG4 and I field 3 Goblins (1 with catch) say more? I dont know I would hope it says, this guy has a team that plays the ball.

My point is alot of people seem to have lost the meaning of Blood Bowl and the over all joy of playing a game.
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

If i may quote from the Bio of your team

"A team that dont mind cheating to win and will use every dirty trick they can get! keep an eye out for Dozer II. He has been known to stick the boot in on a number of occasions. It is even alleged that in one game he stuffed a snottling down the pants of a woodelf what evil this little creature will come up with next? Watch this space!*"

So that pretty clear cut...

I'm not offended by the fact you foul i am pointing out that advertising the fact means that those of us that don't play against foulers are going to avoid you.

At the end of the day i'll call a cat a cat if that what it is.

monboesen

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
My point is alot of people seem to have lost the meaning of Blood Bowl and the over all joy of playing a game.

No, but a lot of people enjoy playing Bloodbowl in a different way than you. What gave you the right to say how people should play the game.

Thats a pretty narrowminded and judgemental attitude towards others IMO.

If you want more diverse matches join tournements (and perhaps Faction though I'm not so sure you will find what you want there). Ranked is a different game and will always be.

And frankly get a little more experience under your belt before you make sweeping generalisations about fumbbl and other coaches.

Last edited by monboesen on Jul 05, 2005 - 12:42; edited 1 time in total
Flynn

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

i mostly agree with dozer
mostly
i disagree that you should play every close games and should play games you cant win
i will only play games i CAN win, but i almost never play games i have more than say a 55% chance of winning unless some twit challenges me over and over again
and i also think that using a team bio as a reason not to play a team (especially such a tame one) is silly, but hammerhiem and i have butted heads over how to play bloodbowl before
one other thing is that i think the orc team is especially over powered and rough to play against, so i tend to avoid orcs, just because they are really annoying

Goodbye Cusi
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I love you Thrall 8o)

dozer

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Its a bio Wink

But still I will foul! I expect to be fouled. Just like the player with Dirty Player skill will be the first one I aviod. What I am saying is as a player of both Orcs and Elfs why not enjoy the game and play. Have fun. If a team who field 4 dirty players comes up then I may think twice about playing them. But to say I will not play orcs because they have access to Str skills is sad.

Not just sad for the Orc player who misses out on playing many fun teams, but also sad for the AG teams who miss out on running rings around slow black orcs and leaping over backliners to score TD's...... I am the same a cat is a cat Wink but theres them cats that will sit and purr before putting there claws in and then theres the cats who will let you stroke there bellys. you deal with them differently.

I want to play all teams. Not cos Im bashy but because I enjoy playing the Ball. I love making runs. Long Pass's, throwing goblins around and the rest of it. All in what I see as the true meaning of the game. I will not walk out on the pitch to kill your best player, dont get me wrong, if I can I will slam them into the ground and jump up and down on there head to stop them scoring, but is that not the idea of the game?
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I like toast.

And crumpets too!
monboesen

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

is that not the idea of the game?

ITs your idea of the game, you got to accept that other people have other ideas.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I took a look at dozer's team and I don't understand the refusals really. Only two MB and not even a DP! A match record of 3/0/7 and -14 CAS difference too.

The only reason I'd refuse a game with that team is that I'd feel like I'm cherrypicking. Or being reverse cherrypicked. Whatever.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Teg wrote:
Dozer is right!
This is Blood Bowl! As the name says blood is a vital part of the game Wink

This is Blood Bowl, but I'm yet to see anyone complain about the lack of bowls....

Jump to: