34 coaches online • Server time: 13:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Greenfort

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Woah that started up a heated debate that we´ve heared a few times before ehh??

If people refuse to play you, forget about them!!

I´ve been scared of Orcs in the part, but instead of discounting them completely me and some friends started our own little thing called OAK (Orc Annihilation Kingdom) to take on the Orcs and beat them (not destroy them as we´re really not all that into fouling Wink).
Now we try to play Orc regularly and it´s been great fun.
Wanted to make it some sort of league but the guys from O.M.U beat os to it (You little twits!! Wink). So for now we just have fun and play the Greenskins.

Dozer: I´ll play you sometime with my OAK 2. Let´s look into it when we both jave the time. PM me, Jorila, D-Line or Lamel (when those two last guys get their act together and actually make their OAK 3 and 4....LOL) at some point mate!!

Last edited by Greenfort on Jul 05, 2005 - 14:31; edited 1 time in total
dozer

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the support there Taff,

I find it intresting that people can say these things right from the hip Smile

the whole point of me post was in the hope that within the ranked league I can find some people who wanna play Very Happy

xen7ric has been most helpful with his coments as these were informative and perhaps I am playing in the wrong league?

All in all, I dont take too kindly to people calling me a Bullie and Hypocrit. I dont feel i am bullieing people into my opions, I have not once said that other peoples thoughts are wrong and mine are right. Hypocritaical check out my games I have played please Wink *thanks*
thesquig

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The nature of the open format means that people will always try to pick their games carefully. After all, if they've invested hours of their time developing a team they like then why would they want it destroyed by a complete stranger?

Personally, I try to play even matchups against a range of races, I guess with dwarfs as an exception, I rarely play against dwarfs. You've drawn more attention to the topic than is needed dozer. As others have said, just accept the fact that people will do this. You wont ever be able to change it, so just get on with it and enjoy the game how you want to play it.

Adar

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

dozer wrote:
thanks for the support there Taff,

I find it intresting that people can say these things right from the hip Smile

It's becuase alot of the "bashy and brave" coaches are complete nitwits. I have for the example often been turned down with my Khemri when making a counter challenge on someone who wanted to play my Skaven with his Khemri.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Everibody plays for fun.
Most people play to win.
Don't you?
Do you play just to slay as many elves as posible?

If you play to win that's better.
Bit of orc tactic:
I have the ball and I can score, but I'll better make a cage and wait until my oponent gets bored and out of turns.

Besides AR9 orcs don't mind about heavy casualties they don't have, but I like most of my teams, elves too. Try and offer elves matches worth the risks. Or play unranked or ladder may be.

I use to challenge the teams the gamefinder sujests my and accept the first offer of a match I have. But I'm proud and pride is a sin, there seems to be a lot of prospective saints there and I don't blame them for that.
Casper

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Join a league with closed round robin. It's more fun than R anyway.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Dozer,

Ask me for a game when you see my teams on gamefinder.

As for those who boycott your orc team, they are what we call "lightweights". Unless they are a part of an elite group called E.L.F., most likely their elves are not in your orc's weight class.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Dozer... My trick to getting games: Act like a crazy fool in the forums and talk about your no-tree flings, and how much you love playing against Paulhicks. Try and establish odd relationships with people who like to imagine eating your effigy everytime you post. Have Human, Vampire, and Halfling teams in ranked. That's what I do, and though I sometimes have to wait a bit for a game, I have had more than one person I'd never chatted with before say they REALLY wanted to play me.
Seriously, this is an open format. If you want people to like playing you... get people to like you. I don't love playing Paul because it's good for my teams, but because he's a great guy. From the reports of people who have played you, you're a good guy. Stick with that and you will get games. (Having a variety of teams available is helpful to) ( and talk to Woodpecker, ask about the Orc Mangling Union!)

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, morning snack : )

Mac's got good advice too.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, talk to me. I'll add you to the OMU hitlist. Wink Your team won't survive, but they will get to play. Razz
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the extra post, but I want to make sure you read this. I notice you started a Wood elf team that is currently in the same TR/TS range as my no-tree flings.... Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I have joint the OMU *Bring it on!* lol
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

dozer wrote:
I have joint the OMU *Bring it on!* lol

You're letting Orcs join the OMU? Now there is a cause for some cryin'...or at least some head shaking... Razz (or at least some cannibalism?)
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Tehe. You misunderstand me. You don't join the group. Actually, you just gave me a good idea....
Buddy

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

A'MEN PREACHER!

I'm in it for fun and will play practically anyone. Tho if their rating is towering above mine i may avoid. but i hear ya. Let's play for fun, lets play to entertain, and lets not worry over a lost star that u have cherished over the years. instead, be happy that he had a good Fumbbl life Very Happy
 Jump to: