15 coaches online • Server time: 04:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Have Human, Vampire, and Halfling teams in ranked.

Outrageous!
How dare you compare Mighty Humans to joke teams like Vampires and *your* flings?

Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

mm, maybe saying, you were too bashy was from a coach who was not in for a game with someone new here (that happens!) and was just beeing kind?

Actually, once a game vs my DE was not accepted and I was told he was looking for a more bashy team...
*shrugs*

Besides all what has been mentioned before, that this is the 1000th thread about that topic, that for just finding guys that will play you in R you have a really rough voice, I had to laugh about your first posting:

Quote:
If my team rates the same as yours I will play you. If I am Orc, Human or Elf. To me its all part and part.

Wow, that is something we hear from coaches that have bashy teams. I do not see any games with Elf teams.

Play 20 games with a single Elf team vs every race, whoever challenges you, and then come back. I would bet that that will change your point of view. More or less. But it will change. For sure.

To add some more: I would play your Ork team (not playing teams with 3+DP and 2+Claw/RSC combos), but you should accept if someone does not want to play you. For whatever reason.
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Play 20 games with a single Elf team vs every race, whoever challenges you, and then come back. I would bet that that will change your point of view. More or less. But it will change. For sure.
What? like this?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=158253

Just because i don't like foulers doesn't mean i won't play bashy btw.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
Dravaal

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
I have had more than one person I'd never chatted with before say they REALLY wanted to play me.

Who would do such a thing?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's face some realities about Ranked:

In R you have 5 general types of coaches (every coach is a mix of them actually):
1)The cherrypicker on CR basis: wants to win badly and selects his opponent under his perception of how to increase his chances to win
2)The guy that wanna win at all cost: ready to play orcs vs his elves if he thinks he has a chance, he is near from the cherrypicker. He selects his game to have a chance to win and want a challenge.
3)The team destroyer: wanna hit, wanna bash. More interested in cas rate than win (player type 2 are ready to play him for a win, BUT ONLY for a win)
4)The guy that develops a team: he avoids maiming games. He finds his fun in developping a team. Will avoid bashers usually.
5)The guy that don't care:he usually get "cherrypicked" by both group 1 and 4.

I don't see how (nor even why) to overcome those playing mentalities. After all the open format is there to be sure everyone can play as he want.

What you are looking for is to play whoever you have to play which is EXACTELY tournaments. You should subscribe to them. It has some cons though.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
I don't see how (nor even why) to overcome those playing mentalities. After all the open format is there to be sure everyone can play as he want.

This is the point.
Ranked is an Open Format. Freedom is what makes Fumbbl so special. Play your own game. There's zounds of other players out there who share your vision of the game.
In Ranked they cohexist. Apparently, this leada to constant (annoying) chatting of one of the 5 groups about "how wrong" are the other 4. Pfffff...

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hammerhiem wrote:
Quote:

What? like this?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=158253

Just because i don't like foulers doesn't mean i won't play bashy btw.

Mmh, as I said, I do play bashy teams myself.
But not any team. So I think we are on the same level.

I feel the first posting has 2 points:
- Orc team refused (because bashy)
- Play any challange in same TR.

You have to discriminate, as you seem to do.
I sayed this quoting dozer, that he will play ANY team that matches TR. And that is something he might change..
So, I do not believe he will still say that.
Quote:
I have had more than one person I'd never chatted with before say they REALLY wanted to play me.

For playing bashy teams? That was why I joined the E.L.F.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... I must admit the flings are a bit more popular, but, yeah, people seem happy to play me simply due t omy uber-coolness Wink My 5 Ranked teams are rounded out by Dwarf and Orc teams and, (should I admit it?) I hardly ever offer or put teams up in the game finder. I simply lfg in the #fumbbl channel and get offers. More often for my "softer" teams, but for the others as well. I'm not picky!

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Um, mac, when you "lfg" in the fumbbl channal, it puts your teams on GF...
Ironik

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose that complaining about the style of game is like peeking someone else food plate. In any case everybody as he likes, and commenting on it is a bit of a mistake. Something like saying I like cheesecakes. Oh yes will start another one but the one with mandarines is better, no I prefer the one with blackberries. You do not understand anything of cheesecakes! the best one is the one with apricots. And so on and so on and so on ad aetrnum. Bit of a spam if you ask my opinion.
So why you put your opinion on this?
Well am I entitled to an opinion. kind of?
Ironik

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

aeturnum not aetrnum. Ad aeturnum means eternally
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

you know what I find that these numbers of posts about the same subjects are good.

How many foul threads were done: more and more, fouls aren't perceived as bad but tactical (at least some).

This one didn't change neither in complains in bashy and cherrypicking.

A change of mood overall?
 Jump to: