63 coaches online • Server time: 15:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

With the Championship game of Blutballus X about to be played, it's time to start recruiting for the next cup.

Only about 5 spots will be open for new participants so get your request in early.

And please, no more Swedes, they are too good.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=281

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to join with the <b>Chaqua Coldbloods</b>.

I'm Danish, not Swedish and horribly innept when it comes to playing with the lizzards so I should fit your criterias perfectly.
Zweiblumen

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, we aren't afraid of anyone. Twisted Evil

Recordopedia Spluttanica
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Four Swedes in the quarterfinals, three in the semis and two in the finals. That's the way it should be. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The Final was played, so come on guys join one of the oldest (and best) tourneys on Fumbbl

Recordopedia Spluttanica
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Any gueses as to when XI will start? Some RL issues atm but if the date suits I will continue to stay in.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Guessing before Aug 1 Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Blutball X now done

Applicants being accepted for the next cup

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Blutballas X final!

The elves got mangled in the last turns of their semis against the evil dwarfs of Winfo gang and only had enough money for a freebooted substitut to help the 11 players that could make it to the finals. The lizards of Igneus maximus, wise by their loss in the previous final, opted for a wizard and a freebooted skink instead of a star blocker.

First half
-----------
Det var en gång wins the toss and chooses to receive. A quick passing TD is scored in two turns with relative ease. Several lizards are knocked out in the process (and two of them stays in the KO-booth most of the match)

The kick in the next drive doesn't go very deep but Tricktickler still takes the safer road and cages up midway down the lizard teams half instead of risking a hand off. The elves charge forward to force the ball carrier to make a dodge which he succeeds and a new cage is formed at the right flank, mid-pitch. This time the crafty blitzer Teaspoonlady manages to knock the ball loose, alas it is won back next turn by the lizards that opts for a stall in the fifth turn. In turn six the elven blitzer that was getting ready for leap into the cage trips on the tail of the mighty Kroxigor Balrokzor. Igneus maximus waits yet another turn and now Teaspoonlady once again manages to attack the ballcarrier along the sideline and knock him down. The ball bounces into the corner though and the lizards can secure a TD. Before that they surround the sidestepping Teaspoonlady for a crowdpush where she is badly hurt by the lizard fans.

The teams have one turn left of the half and the lizards manages to seriously injury a catcher with a foul but the referee sees the foul and ejects the offending skink.

Second half
-----------

Both teams are down three players but the lizards have three subs whereas the elves only have one. This gets worse when another elf is knocked out in the first turn. The kick goes pretty deep but the fast skinks easily brings it up to the centre of the pitch and a cage is immedietly formed. The remaining blitzer had trained hard for this match and learned to leap for this special occasion and with a swift and easy jump he lands right inside the cage and knocks the ball loose and the ball carrier out. The ball lands safely in the middle of the cage though. The lizards can easily smack the surrounding elves down, recreate the cage and put in a foul to stun the leaping blitzer.

Det var en gång now plays it safe and surrounds the cage without getting into contact, thsi slows down the cage somewhat and it moves more sideways then downpitch in their turn. Once again a leaping blitz knocks the ball loose and this time it bounces out of the cage but at the wrong side for the elves to pick it up. Igneus maximus starts to prepare another cage three squares forward but a game altering event takes place, THE KROXIGOR MAKES A DODGE BY MISSTAKE AND FALLS DOWN CAUSING A TURNOVER WHEN THE BALL IS STILL LOOSE! ballrokzor had been steady as a rock the entire match and not failed a single bonehead roll but with this move he single-handedly lost the match for the frustrated Tricktickler. A line-elf makes a run for it and the the very agile Nils Holgersson dodges through the saurus line to pick up the ball and throw the ball to the waiting receiver. All the saurus are to far up the pitch and only two skinks are able to get back to the ball carrier. One of them is a sidestep/diving tackler but he is blitzed down and Det var en gång scores 2-1 to the cheering chants of the crowd!

Igneus maximus readies itself for a long shot two turn td but fails the pickup sealing the game. Two elves darts down and manages to steal the ball and make another TD for the final result: 3-1 to Det var en gång and a third Blutballas trophy for coach Tinkywinky!!!

This was a close game, we both succeeded with most of our rolls (Trick didn't use a single reroll until turn six) which made positioning crucial in the game as there was few injuries. I knocked the ball loose several times but couldn't capitalise on it. Tricks mistake with the Kroxigor was completly game altering and it felt really good because he had done two earlier miss-clicks and gotten away with them. In the end Igneus Maximus had their wizard left unused which seems to be standard with wizards.

All in all a very good game against a good coach. Pretty silly that it ended the way it did but I would be lying if I said I wasn't happy with it. Smile
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

7 teams needed for ther next CUP!!!!

Please see link at the top of the forum

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Cmon bump

Worse case scenario you play 1 game and are free Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Join the greatest and oldest tournament of fumbbl. It's stable and the average coach-skill level is pretty high, making it a real challenge. Did I say that it is stable and has been running for years now? What are you waiting for? Dial 555-ORC and join!

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I wouldn't dial 555-ORC...Orcs are not allowed for the current running of the cup Wink

But Join in the fun people...I have played 2 First round matches in Blutballas IX and X..2 great first round games! Who NEEDS the second round I say!

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

My Knutby Vermins have applied to the group and would like to participate in the Blutballas XI Cup.
celas

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2005 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the cap for TR in Bluts XI? I see on the group page it says 200, but I think in Mully's PM it said 175....

Yes I could have PMed this to Mully, but I thought I would give the thread a bump.

EDIT: Just read it again....it's 175....so I guess this was just a bump :p
 Jump to: