58 coaches online • Server time: 18:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you want to be implemented first?
Handicap Table (partial)
47%
 47%  [ 51 ]
Pass Block
29%
 29%  [ 32 ]
Diving Catch
13%
 13%  [ 14 ]
Multiple Block
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 107

Tribble_the_Unclean

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2003 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. There have been discussions in my tabletop league to use the client as a supplement, in case we need to play quicker games, or if one of us wants to play remotely. Althought the current handicap table isn't the best, it does help lower rated teams in one way or another, and it's a part of our league rules. It would be nice to see this implemented so that Javabbowl can adhere more towards the "standard" LRB ruleset.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2003 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Reguarding Diving Catch and Wood Elves (or just Elves in General)... its a waste of a skill, Elves either Throw Accurately, or they Fumble, theres a very small window where they can ever throw Inaccurately. And with AG5 there is no window of being inaccurate.

Firstly elves only have AG4 and also I have played a few matches with elves and out of about 10 passes managed 6 and only caught 2. Also my elves can't pick the ball up even on 2+ they seem to always roll 1.

But i'm going for the handicap table when my registration comes through. This is because my teams get so pounded that any advantage I can get is good.
wadedidit

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2003 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for Pass Block, I can't wait to give it to my AG 5 Very Long Legs, Two Headed GR!!!
Darathin

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2003 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooooooo I would love to see diving catch in a future version!

For a human team with Hail Mary Pass it forms the most potent skill combination I ever saw. I aint biased or nothing Very Happy.

**Vertigo Jones, head catcher for DD Destroyers, heads off to pray to Slaneesh for a diving catch skill....Oh no hear comes the Theogonist**

Very Happy.

Sigmar be praised!
Darathin
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2003 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

My two cents
I think that Handicap table for MVP will be the most important thing to implement first. I believe there is more likely that teams with less TR will play teams with highers TR for the extra MVP. I do belive that it will make people play more games, and the sytems will grow. I also believe that if the handicap table is in used people will only need 1-2 teams in open, 1 dx, 1 stundy, and 1 ladder teams because they will find games easier than other teams. However I feel that everything will take it's time. I am not a computer software programmer so I do not know how hard it will be to accomplish all that. I think Skijunkie, Christer, Grumbledook, Mr.-klipp, and all the other administrators are doing a great job with the amound of resources that they have. I know they will implement new things when the system is ready for it.
Vote=
1=handicap
2=pass block
3=multiple block
4=diving catch

Vamps Group
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2003 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

My two cents
I think that Handicap table for MVP will be the most important thing to implement first. I believe there is more likely that teams with less TR will play teams with highers TR for the extra MVP. I do belive that it will make people play more games, and the sytems will grow. I also believe that if the handicap table is in used people will only need 1-2 teams in open, 1 dx, 1 stundy, and 1 ladder teams because they will find games easier than other teams. However I feel that everything will take it's time. I am not a computer software programmer so I do not know how hard it will be to accomplish all that. I think Skijunkie, Christer, Grumbledook, Mr.-klipp, and all the other administrators are doing a great job with the amound of resources that they have. I know they will implement new things when the system is ready for it.
Vote=
1=handicap
2=pass block
3=multiple block
4=diving catch

Vamps Group
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2003 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think an out of client solution may have been overlooked. Perhaps the handicapping should be done by the fumbbl site using str or tr. The site can then give extra mvp's, cash, perhaps even fanfactor, or (i'm not sure if this is already accounted for) a bonus(reduction in loss) in ranking. I think we can all agree that the handicap table as in the LHB2.0 is very difficult to implement, and perhaps even very unfair for older teams. But a custom one just for this league should be done inside the site if o\possible. Then we can make the client an accurate version of bloodbowl, so our league does not interfere with any other leagues that may be using this client.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2003 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I would really love to see secret weapon support added. I was thinking about this the other day, and most of the secret weapons seem that they would be easy enough to implement as most of them are just a slight variation of a normal skill or action. I'm sure I have the full support of the Gobbo Liberation Front behind me on this. =)

The Finishing Touch
Darathin

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2003 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

And the unemployed Dwarvern Steam Roller Roadwork Operatives.

Very Happy.
 Jump to: