21 coaches online • Server time: 02:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2003 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

EMU is open to all non-elf teams in Open and DivX.

EMU coaches please post your vs. Elf game results here. A quick summary and the link to the game report will suffice. All elf teams are fair prey - Wood Elfs, High Elfs, Dark Elfs, and the new "Elves"

Points will be awarded for TDs (3pts), Casualties Inflicted (1pt for bh, 2pts for SI, 3pts for RIP, 6pts for RIP that stays dead - no apoth or failed apoth ), Wins (5pts), and Slam Dunks (7 or more cas in one game 10pts + the usual cas points)

Teams will lose 5pts for a loss, and lose 3pts for games in which they fail to score a casualty. In addition, you will lose points for casualties scored against you (1pt BH, 2pt SI, 3pt RIP) as Evo points out.. getting killed by an elf is kinda embarassing!

Hopefully this addresses some concerns raised by a few others. Oh btw, If an elf team spanks an EMU team and gives them a negative score for the game, the Elf team can post that result in this thread and i will count it in the rankings! This ensures that not just successful EMU games will be posted in this thread.

Standings will be kept and posted weekly.

Also I require suggestions for a name for the Championship Trophy that will be awarded monthly.

Not in the EMU yet?

Join here ---> http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=160

Finally, Christer has asked me to ensure that no personal attacks are levelled between coaches in this thread, chat room and PMs (Remember EMU critics - this is a two way street). So if you do have something to say, keep in character and be reasonably respectful, or I will deal out "da discipline!"

Last edited by BunnyPuncher on %b %27, %2003 - %06:%Jun; edited 3 times in total
Sinner

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2003 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I notice with some amusement that obviously a team can´t loose points Smile. Are you so afraid to get beaten to shreds by old pointy-eared elves, that you can´t even suggest such a thing in your mind Wink.

Ah well, we will see... Will be fun to see whether you find elven coaches willing to get their teams torn to pieces.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2003 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

When my deadly High Elf team tears all your teams to shreds it is you who will weep. Twisted Evil
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2003 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I notice with some amusement that obviously a team can´t loose points . Are you so afraid to get beaten to shreds by old pointy-eared elves, that you can´t even suggest such a thing in your mind

Good point Sinner... hmmm.. rules have been updated.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2003 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Should have told that I currently play 3 elven teams Smile.

So from your side I will be the receiving end Wink... but we will see

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2003 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

my st5 wardancer eats bobs for breakfast and trolls for dinner...Wink
Artagas

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2003 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

on the other hand my orcs and dwarfs might be interested in joining...Wink
BloodRunners

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2003 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=69725

Evo was a good EMU man, He took one for the greater good of the powers of Bash. in a 1-1 tie, we inflicted 3 Bh, 1 SI , and 1 Kill (saved by apoth)

BloodRunners take all challenges from elves, We don't care who or what they are, or how strong they think they are. Are you afraid of some humans little elves. I thought so
BloodRunners

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2003 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=69770

A 2-1 victory for bloodrunners against Khaine's Fury v_2.0. He conceded after 4 turns. I had put 2 SI and 1 Kill (saved by apoth) on him. On a brighter note. His concession led to the resignation of two star players.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=21486

Allestra Bloodfiend, the witch elf, had 28 games and 99 SPP

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=20904

Khane Hellspawn, the blitzer, had 31 games and 68 SPP

I think bonus points should be awarded for disgracing these two pretenders into an early retirement.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2003 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Good work coach BloodRunners. You are truly an inspiration!

We other coaches had best gut busy or we will fall behind!

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2003 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

My first Match Report here.

Won this one rather easily as the poor fellow only had two players left on the pitch by game's end. I let him do his scoring thing in the first two turns, but after that they never got the ball back.

2TDs, 4 BH and a whole lotta KOs. Bad thing was, my useless BOB Graxor Gwarstorm died on the first block of the game, and rolled a 1 on the apoth. No big loss, Graxor had 6 spps in 28 games, and I have a Str 4 Lino already to be his replacement.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=69931

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2003 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach Sinner asks to join the EMU with his Dark Elf team "Dark"

While initially I was hesistant, I dont want to water down the prey pool too much, I decided that if he could beat my Blood Blitzers, he could be in. The game will take place as soon as I finish another game I have to resume.

See how easy it is to trick elf teams into playing you Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2003 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

poor woodies.. killed their treeman. inflicted 2 bh, 2 ni, and two deaths (1 saved by his apo).. won the match 3-1.

I had brought an angry crowd of dwarves who invaded the pitch as well making two bh and one si more than the ones I already caused.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=70298
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2003 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Although the Sealskin Sluggers are not a part of the Elf Mangling Union, they appreciate the sentiment. As proud upkeepers of the tradition of Everything-Mangling they are glad to report that they beat the Sinister Sons of Khaine by six cas to one (and the elves only managed a casualty because they kicked Stefan in the groin while he was on the ground and had to be patched up). Oh yes, they also scored four touch-downs while conceding only one.

Because the elves were so much like little women (and while we like hitting on women, actually hitting them is something else) we were gentle, and only badly hurt them. Grimnir smashed one girly-elf's hand, but she got treatment for it, and he apologised nicely before knocking her out cold.

The Sealskin Sluggers salute your ideals. Mangle everything! *runs off to add the Sealskin Sluggers to the EMU*

Match Report

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2003 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to thank Mr.Bunnypuncher for inventing the about most unneeded thing that FUMBBL ever has seen. Most people around here know I used to enjoy FUMBBL a lot, and liked the atmosphere around here.
Lately though it has become less and less fun for me, and a couple other coaches I still like to hang out with - the few that are left. The problem nowadays is that the only type of coach that you run in regularly are those building their teams solely about killing. Not scoring, but inflicting as many cassualties as possible. No fun. Not at all. Not even for you as the one doing the killing - close games always are more exciting.

Note: I only have one single elven team. But even with those non-elfish "more" bashy teams the games I'd enjoy playing become less and less - and I am beyond the point where I will agree to any matches that I don't want to play, anymore. I dropped my activity almost completly from the open format and will focus more and more on tournaments - if sticking around as a regular at all - I don't want to waste time on a community that sees the only fun in bloodbowl in the killing aspect and not in the part that focuses on the strategic aspects of the gameplay. Bloodbowl can be a lot like chess with randomized numbers - that's the kind off game I like. What is played at FUMBBL atm is a "Let's kill Fantasy creatures in a Football game" - kinda game. Go have a look at Warhammer again - that is what it is all about [minus the Football, but then few of you seem to care about that part anyway.]

So, thanks again Mr. Bunnypuncher for bringing up the EMU that surely will increase and speed up the downwardspiral FUMBBL got caught in increasingly. I hope you have fun. I sure don't have that much anymore.

Yours,
Mnemon
 Jump to: