55 coaches online • Server time: 23:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Barash

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2003 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand firm Ties with Malekiths Moosetamers

Stand firm had a narrow escape from losing this game!

Stand firm lost from the Malekiths Moosetamers not so long ago. This revange match was sceduled soon after the 1st game.

Stand firm didn't manage to score in the 1st half while recieving the ball. Undreth was pushed into the crowd, and the dwarfs fans over there broke his neck (-1AV). A few paces before the endzone the DE's stripped the bal lose and headed for the endzone to score. A failed GFI caused the ballcarrier to drop badly hurt to the floor. With frustration in his eyes the head coach of the Moosetamers decided not to send in the doc to save her, there was an other half to play.

In the 2nd half the Moosetamers took the lead by scoring a fast 1-0 (gosh, nice skill nerves of steel). The drive after that the Down Hill dwarfs scored mainly cause of outnumbering the Moosetamers. With 3 more turns to go the Moosetamers were not able to score a 2nd time, so when the whissle sounded the score remained 1-1.

The game´s result: Stand Firm 1 - 1 Malekiths Moosetamers
The game´s casualties (suffered): Stand Firm 0/0/0 - 0(1)/1/0 Malekiths Moosetamers

Thanks again for the game Mafo! Once more a good and close matchup! Maybe we can continue this thriology in the future? Very Happy

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=report&id=92121

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand firm Loses form Dark

An other weird game. The first 3 turn were all for Dark, killing a player in turn 1 (lucky the apothecary worked) and three times a dark player made a block less strong but dark threw all 3 times two dice with push back and knocked over result. Luck at 19% for Stand firm and the apothecary used things couldn’t look much worse.

Besides that the DE’s were very good in throwing 10 on av rolls. Stunning and KO’ing a lot of dwarfs. In turn 4 the DE thrower fell on a GFI. He got a niggling injury if it wasn’t for the apothecary. The dwarfs actually got the ball, they could hold the ball about 3 turns before the ball was lose and Dark scored a nice and fast td for 0-1.

In turn 7 the dwarfs were finally getting into action. First by BH’ing the witch elf Magyra and then killing Rondur. But 2 turns were to little to get even close to scoring.

The 2nd half the DE’s had trouble stopping the famous dwarf cage. In turn 5 the inevitable 1-1 score was made.
After that the DE’s made a last attempt to score. A nice long bomb pass did the trick: 1-2
Oasa Ogreslayer made his 3rd skill, but being frenzy all the time was so exasting for him, he would be never the same again. He is now the coach for the troll slayers.

The game´s result: Stand Firm 1 - 2 Dark
The game´s casualties (suffered): Stand Firm 0/0/1 - 2/0(1)/1 Dark

The kill Stand firm suffered was apothed, The kill Dark suffered was not apothed.

The game was close.. cageing is boring and stalling as well, but since I didn’t do the later you were able to win this exciting game. Well played Sinner!

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2003 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to see things are still zooming along. Keep posting results as you get them and I will calculate all for the end of august. If you are wondering where I've been, my car and computer each blew up 2 days apart, $1,500 for the car means I gotta save up for a new pooter. Grrrrr.

But I should be back full-time in a about 2 weeks.

Keep posting EMU!

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2003 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The arguments about fast-moving "strategic" teams and hard-hitting "strategic" teams seem to boil down to this: As in most sports the point is to win (long term). As long as this is given, the best strategy (be it fast-paced and throwing or slow-moving and hard-hitting) is the stragegy that makes the team win (long term). If a team plays a strategy towards that goal that another does not think is fun, then there is not really a problem. One has to respect all strategies. The real problem is when winning (long term) is the goal for one coach and not the other. The ultimate goal is, of course, to have fun. But the idea of Blood Bowl is to have fun while trying to win. Fumbll seems to run into a problem that is only a minor problem in "offline" leagues. The games are so easy to play (practically, not strategically) and so frequent in numbers that there is little pressure to win to get the most out of the games that are played. I think this is reflected in many players having switched to almost exclusively playing tournaments. In sum it is a problem when the (TD) result of a game does not matter to the coach.
Sinner

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2003 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark bores Metal Militia to death
Metal Militia 1 - 2 Dark

cas: Metal Militia 2/0/0 - 0/0/1 Dark

in a boring game dark elf team Dark waited till the 8th turn every half to score for their winning touchdowns (game ended 2-1), because they were clearly afraid of the hitting abilities of the chaos team. so they took turns on fouling the chaos to the ko dug out, cause Dark´s fans had scared the poor halfling ref to death. during this fouling a rookie beastman got killed ( the lazy apothecaries didn´t even bother to look for him, but continued playing poker on the bench). 2nd half started with Dark receiving continuing their lullaby for the chaos, sending one after the other to the ko box to dream some nice dreams of blood and conquest. Dark only once got under pressure after a nice blitz in the 7th turn near the chaos endzone.

Well played FatherDagon, but hey you played up like 50 rating/ strength??? Shocked

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2003 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

If someone cares.. Stand Firm played Berek Boys: Stand Firm stoped their 8 game winning streak, Killing two players (one appoth) and BH 4 more

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=122891

.. but EMU is death as well isn't it?

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2003 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

After losing several great players and falling to a 9 man roster, It Hurts so Good is finally back on the destructive track.
I'm not sure if Bunnypuncher has added this team to the EMU league yet, but here are the results of my last game:: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=127156
Unfortunately with only 9 players, i couldn't manage to break through his dodging line to score...so the final was 0-1, but i managed to BH 2 SI 1 and kill 2, so i feel it was a victory.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I still care. I'm back for good. I will go through this thread over the next few days and post results. Thanks to those who kept posting despite my absence!

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2003 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

All right,

Scores have been totaled for those who have joined the group.

I need the following coaches/teams to join if they want their results to count...

Barash - Stand Firm
Alone and Burned - Forces of Change
CptMofo - Morr's Avengers
Acheron Styx - It Hurts so Good

After these folks have joined the group I'll post the standings and declare a champion, plus the third installment of EMU TV.

Join the group here ---> http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=160

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2003 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Now this is elf slaying he heh.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=143684

U must agree with me on this Mr. Green

Started with a B.H. by the specktaters on the very first kick off, and after that it was just pantsy elfs bleeding all over the place, and green guys all over the ball Very Happy

Later all=)
azathoth_13

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2003 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit: man, i have GOT to start noticing multiple pages on forums......stupid, stupid, stupid...

Mnemon, although I understand your consternation, at the same time I've gotta support the players.
There are STILL many people who play this game with the focus on Scoring, NOT killing.
I'm fairly new (about a month now), and I have yet to have a game where the focus wasn't winning the match,
with the majority of these being random people I've now had the pleasure of meeting/beating/being schooled by.

Another factor is SPP/positioning. Chess is quite possibly one of the bloodiest games to ever exist.
Sure, it's abstracted strategy, and the goal is the King, but it becomes a bloodbath of carnage
as the intensity of the game increases, and YOU have to choose who to sacrifice for the greater good.
Much like Bloodbowl, with one exception; Bloodbowl is FAR more bloody, and it's intended to be.
Truthfully, how often have you blocked someone simply because you could get SPP or possibly
create a slightly better positiionig for yourself, even if your next TD was almost assured?

As for the EMU, it's amusing; take elf-bashing to a new level! I play Dark Elves, and even so, it's funny/fun.
And although the 'focus' is slightly different then intended, I'd say it's not far off by that much.
Are they still trying to win? YES! look at the EMU rules. Are points awarded for casualties? YES!
But let's look at the Bloodbowl rules themselves.......points are ALSO awarded for casualties there.

It all comes down to a matter of style, and the EMU wants to put elves in their place.
If nothing else, they're getting into character. Fantasy has a long, long history
of many, many people HATING elves and wanting their blood spilt.

And last, but not least, anything that brings players together, as far as I'm concerned, is a good thing,
though I do wish the EMU would have to state to Elf teams that they ARE a part of the EMU....
Could cause some bad blood.

Yours,
Azathoth_13
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2003 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm declining the EMU, but I thought i'd post this match here anyway....Cheers
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=144008
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2003 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Just played a DE team. Started out very well. 3 k.o. on pich inv. but endet medeocre, with me being cheated for a td by a ONE and a double skull on the 7th turn Razz

Well here are the numbers:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=145486
 Jump to: