63 coaches online • Server time: 19:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

In case you ever wondered how boring my job really is. We have a chat room that we use to ask for help and advice (in theory) What follows is a transcript of an actual conversation from this morning. The opening is a copy/paste of a customer chat. All names and relevant information have been changed to protect the innocent, guilty, and me from getting sued. Keep in mind this conversation goes on WHILE we are working. That is how boring my job is and why I spam.

AAA> AAA >Would an install on Sunday the 17th between 8-12 be alright .
Customer > Sure.
ORder all set.
Customer> Do you work on Sundays?
DUH?
BBB> I dont have excel viewer on this station, can someone get me the cheap deal for Texas?
Macavity> Anyone? I'm offering a waffle Iron in trade for a Coffee! Buy me coffee today, get a waffle Iron on Thursday!
CCC> but i want it now
DDD> if i didnt already have one i would mac
EEE> same here
Macavity> I don't have it on me, and I don't work tomorrow
Macavity> come on, CCC!
FFF> So who else is coming to the beach Saturday?
CCC> i'm going to be in the mountains on saturday
Macavity> You could take a waffle iron with you!

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a load of old waffle to me... Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow...I would LOVE a job where at the end of the dayI might take home a waffle iron! Only thing is...is it a standars shallow square waffle iron...a belgium waffle irin...or one of the novelty shaped ones?

Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Standard. Actually, it comes with flat plates for grilled cheese sandwiches, as well.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you fry some spam in it too?

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Grill plates not needed. Here in Australia the "jaffle iron" is as common as a toaster. Makes grilled sandwichs with the added feature of pinching the edges closed so you can fill with looser toppings such as baked beans or spagghetti. Some also have a split bar that cuts the sambo in half diagonally and seals that as well!

Oddly the waffle is not often used in the home kitchen. Shame really...hence my excitement Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I had one of those in college. Used to make taco sandwiches with yesterday's dinner taco fixings.

two slices bread
some day old taco meat (refrigerated of course)
cheese
whatever else was leftover

heat, and enjoy. sandwich already sliced in two and sealed ingredients inside

mmm mmm gooooood.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I really can't stand waffles myself. Hence the willingness to trade the iron for a cup o' java.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

SOLD!!! One large coffee comin' up for the Mac-man!!!!! I love my job!

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

As Mitch Hedberg points out "Waffles are just pancakes with syrup traps!" Wink

Taco Sandwichs is a BIG winner here in the jesting houshold. Smear in some refried beans as well and serve with salsa!

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

No, Waffles are pancakes you can't butter evenly... horrid things!

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I have to buy a "jaffle iron" again.

refried beans and salsa to the above ingredients would rock! I bet I could make a diet version.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever Ark, It's you Americans I have to chat with all day Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Butter evenly?!? Surely a TRUE waffle/butter fan would just dip his waffle in a bowl of melted butter and be done with it Wink

But assuming you make waffles (and pancakes for that matter) in a true sense...there is like 100 grams of butter already in a 2 egg batter! And assuming again you have some bacon on the side..well...have the ribspreader handy!

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Bacon or Breakfast sausages.. the key is to get the meat in your maple syrup....mmm....