46 coaches online • Server time: 00:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
outofcontext

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2003 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering... Chaos Beastmen are overpriced at the beginning. They're humans with horns. The access to skills is obviously better, but I think they should be better to start with.

Since the only thing they have is horns, and horns are not particularly useful, the most apparent solution is to make horns better. My idea is to make horns +1 ST when making *or receiving* a blitz

If you think about wild animals, this makes sense. When two rhinos fight for territory, the one who charges doesn't always win. He doesn't even have a better chance of winning. It's about the same. Watch some Discovery channel, you'll see what I mean.

I think it would make beastmen a lot cooler. They're awful with ball control. This way, at least it will be hard to knock out once he finally has the ball.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2003 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Without getting into the idea itself, the rules discution area of talkbloodbowl.com would probably be a much better place to discuss it. As far as Fumbbl goes, we stick to the LRB rules and don't have any special house rules or skills, so unless it gets changed officialy it isn't going to change here.

The Finishing Touch
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2003 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I find horns incredible usefull. A st3. player can blitz a st5 one with two assists that way - given the fact that _all_ players on a chaos team can get guard horns is real nice. Or try the horns + dauntless route instead of building silly rsc/mb/po players - blitz anything with 2 dbs, no matter how strong. Horns are good enough the way they are Smile.

-Mnemon
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2003 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

not only are you paying for Horns out of the box, you are paying for access to Physical Traits on a mutation roll. Admittedly some are better than others, but there are all sorts of Chaos bestowed goodies that will allow your Beastman to dominate of the pansey human lineman any day.
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2003 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Beastmans are way better then human linemen! For only 10.000 bugs, you get horns, strengh skill access and physical abilites!

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2003 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

A few more thoughts.
Looking at horned animals dueling isnt a valid example. Most of those shows go on to mentio that the animals are not trying to kill or hurt each other, just make the other back down.

Any defensive advantage from horns would come from lining up your head to meet the incoming blitz. Since humanoid tacklers most often go for the midsection or below to bring a person down, this is very difficult to do.

If you want a mutation that confers a benefit when someone hits you, pick Spikes.
 Jump to: