46 coaches online • Server time: 15:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Colin

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2005 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

As I'm sure many of you have noticed by now, any injury of KO or worse can be permanently displayed on the field (at least for the rest of the game), as of patch 8.4. SkiJunkie also requested submissions of more decals for this use in the updated readme.txt file.

I've started work on them, but haven't had much time to spend. I find a good old airbrush with a red to transparent gradient works very nicely - the trick is not to overdo the claret...
I plan on a simple set to begin with - a few spots here and there for a KO, with more spillage the nastier the injury gets.

One thing I haven't experimented with is the size of the decals - must they be 48 pixels square, or can they vary?

Has anyone else made progress?

Also, I'd like to see some screenshots of pitches at the end of particularly violent matches Smile - I noticed stunty games featuring chainsaws produced good results.

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2005 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The image can be any size. It will be centered onto the square of the injury. Of course a 200 x 200 pixel image would never make it into the official build.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
Colin

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2005 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the tip, SJ.

It's worth noting, folks, that squares on the regular sized client are 40 pixels square (iirc)- anything outside that radius should be restricted to splash/spatter effects only - we do want to actually see the pitch markings by the end of the game (...that gives me an idea for the 'Right Bastards' thread...).

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2005 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done, SkiJunkie - this is really a great feature that improves my fun in JBB. Very Happy

But would it be possible that every event gets a set of decals to cycle through, not only the RIPs?

I've experimented yesterday a bit: The player icons in JBB are all 28x28 pixels, so for smaller decals this size is enough. 48x48 is, if you use it entirely, too much.

If someone is interested in my little paintings, message me. They're not great art, but do their work Wink
Colin

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2005 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok folks, I got rather sucked into doing quite a few decals in the end...it's easy to sit there making more and more, but the line had to be drawn. So give them a try:

http://www.worldinfocus.net/fumbbl/ColsBloodDecals.zip

Feel free to rename them for easier use - the numbering is all over the place. Leave feedback on this thread - once we settle on what style to go for and which ones to keep, I can upload the refined version to the Downloads section, as well as create a matching decals.ini file.

There's two major styles in there, airbrush spray and pen-drawn blood pools, in both cases bumpmapped in GIMP 2.2. Any preferences for one over the other?

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2005 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Heya!

It seems that some people are experiencing some trouble with the bloody gore left on the field after a RIP. "See-through" players can very easily get hidden in the blood, causing problems. Have had 2 opponents now who lost their blitz action because they couldnĀ“t see that their own players was standing in the blood field.

Just letting you guys know

Topper28
Fama

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it's very easy to disable it, just go to decals.ini and change all the bloody things to none.png.
Colin

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I uploaded a refined set in the Miscellaneous category of the Downloads Section:

http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=8

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Decals are now approved and available from the link above!

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

And VERY nice they are!

I bet bashy games will be a LOT more common now. Lovely, all those blood-stains...

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

i must say they look so nice ig

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I get page can't be displayed when trying to dl' them..Sad

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

just right click and press download destination

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't work for me either, and right clicking didn't do it...um... either.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Argh! I need blood! Tell me how to get the link to work, please! Razz
 Jump to: