31 coaches online • Server time: 00:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres are not reliable. My Ogres Managed 9 SPP between the 3 of them including a post-humous MVP. I think Ogres suck!

P.S. I managed that link first time from memory!!!

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I prefer thick skull to regenerate on my big guys. Players will roll a lot more KOs than they will injuries, so TS is acually better at keeping 'em on the field.
dante02

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

well in my honest opnion minator are too risskie with frenzy so i go with av9 troll
Eddy

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

origami wrote:
Personally, I prefer thick skull to regenerate on my big guys. Players will roll a lot more KOs than they will injuries, so TS is acually better at keeping 'em on the field.

well, i'd prefer to save 50% of CAS than 50% of KOs any day of the week =)

at least, you don't have to buy your BG back when he goes KO.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

xen7ric wrote:
Ogre is the best on a Chaos team..

I personally love to play against anyone who fields Trolls because I know it's a player who will never threaten my ball carrier when I'm attacking.

That leaves the Ogre. Tough (AV + Thick Skull which is always undervalued), fast enough to be used tactically and reliable without either wasting a player or your best action every turn you use him.

No contest really.

With a guy next to him, a troll is just as much a threat to your ballcarrier as an ogre...

Thick skull vs regen... its not even close... A casualty is much better to save someone from than a KO... they both have the same av, so saying ogres are better than trolls because of AV doesnt make any sense.

A troll and an ogre have the exact same chance of wasting a blitz action. An ogre is NOT reliable. Blitzing with either one is a huge mistake. 1 TZ can tie up an ogre just as much as a troll. dodging with an ogre who cant use re rolls would be a bad idea. the extra MA isnt helpful if he cant use it.

Trolls are oversized linefodder. So are ogres, or any big guy really. All a big guy is useful for is getting in the middle of a pile and staying there. Wihout block, i rarely even take the chance to block with my troll or ogre, much less blitz with it.
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Trolls, the best choise. But that doesn´t mean you are not allowed to take any of the others Wink

Macavity wrote:
P.S. I managed that link first time from memory!!!

And it only took you a 1000 posts to figure it out.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Zyad wrote:

With a guy next to him, a troll is just as much a threat to your ballcarrier as an ogre...

Zyad. You misunderstand me. The Troll is no threat becuase I play Skaven and Elf teams most of the time (should have said it was me specific). Either he won't keep up with the ball carrier or I'll have a lino playing meatshield and he's nutralised
Even better for me if the other coach is wasting players to help the RS roll.

Agree with you about Regen being better than TS but TS is underestimated, most people write it off as a skill but it really helps keep players on the pitch.
matkov

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2005 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer mino. Why ?

Because if he forgets to block he keeps tackle zones, if he forgets to move he keeps tackle zones. If he moves he helps to assist where needed. And because he is threating players to stay away from sideline, even with the defence which make it weaker even without using him to blitz.
 Jump to: