51 coaches online • Server time: 15:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ultwe

Post 22 Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

I hope this is the correct forum...

I got Suse 9.2 Pro, and I installed the java client and can play without problem. However, I can't make use of the play / spectate links within the site.
When I try, I get a window opening with the following:
Open 'http://fumbbl.com/...e=Launch+as+Server'?
Type: application/x-java-jnlp-file
I then get the usual options: Save / Open with / Cancel.
If I chose to open with, I can browse to wherever, but even if I point to the client's jar file, nothing launches.

I can cd to the correct location (/usr/Applications/BloodBowl) within the console, and the issue the command (java -jar Bbowl.jar) to launch, and I even managed to set myself a launcher on the desktop, but I'd like to use the site's feature.

I use Konqueror as a browser, if it has any incidence (got a well reported problem with Firefox, but will only be able to work on that in a few months)

Thanks
Ult.

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Take a look at the sticky topic in the "FUMBBL Ideas and Bug Reports Forum" on how to get the replay working.

The short version is that you need to make sure you have Java Web Start in addition to the JRE. It's included in JRE 1.5 but you want to keep using 1.4.2 and just grab web start as a second download. Jre 1.5 is not officially supported, as it is wonky.

Yes, "wonky" is the technical term.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

lol
I thought the correct term was "Fubar".... Or is there hope for it yet? Twisted Evil
Thanks though

Ult.

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
Snorri

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Java webstart works fine with Fumbbl's play and spectate links on linux with Firefox and now with Opera (Christer put in a fix for it that I sent in a while ago). Webstart usually gets downloaded with the JRE (just do a search for javaws). Your problem might be konqueror.
 Jump to: