40 coaches online • Server time: 19:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Moxy

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2003 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well folks here is where you put your results for the EDL. Have fun and enjoy the good clean fun of elf bowl. Please post a link to the game results too so they can be looked at and scored properly.

Thanx guys and gals

Moxy[/url]
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2003 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Results for VNV Nation
Ignore results in blue. They're against non-EDL members

VNV Nation 4 vs 3 Doombringers
0 points total: 15 points for the win, -1 point for a SI. Do Pitch Invasions count? If so, add an extra -4 for two deaths (1 got apothed). It was a good fun match, surprisingly physical, against a nicely rounded HE squad.

VNV Nation 4 vs 2 Tornskull Clan
0 points total: 15 points for the win, no CAS (not for lack of trying). Trog's a great coach and it was really fun trying to get through those BOB's and crack open Da Cage. Fortune favors the nimble, however, and I pulled ahead in the first half due to some insane rolls.

VNV Nation 5 vs 3 Forest Kittens
0 points total: 15 points for the win, no CAS (much to my chagrin). Zy's always a tough opponent and I snuck away with this one. It was literally a roll away from 4-4 after two untimely turnovers. The Kittens joined the EDL just after this match, since Zy knew enough to play me before the results counted. Razz

VNV Nation 5 vs 2 Big Trouble in Little FUMBBL
20 points total: 15 points for the win, 5 TDs, no CAS (I really did try, some!). Another fun match, marred slightly by the uninvited appearance of several pairs of snake eyes on the field. drb's luck was pretty awful in the first half, and I managed to capitalize on it, going up 4-0 in the first half. The rest of the game was a blast, though.

VNV Nation 7 vs 2 Les Anges de Morte
22 points total: 15 points for the win, 7 TDs, no CAS again. I played up a bit with this one, but fortunately I managed to capitalize on every double one that poor Albator threw, and he had his share. This was my first game since losing my AG 6 Wardancer and I was more than a bit worried, but fortunately things turned out ok. At least until after the game, when I got 3 skills and they all aged and niggled.
Evil or Very Mad

VNV Nation 4 vs 4 Tiny Explosions
12 points total: 10 points for the tie, 4 TDs, -2 for 2 SIs (oops, one was on a defensive block at least...). Those gobbos get a big fat pair of honorary pointy ears, as this was a classic struggle between one turn scorers... at least until mine ended up Badly Hurt....

Last edited by BadMrMojo on Jul 22, 2003 - 07:07; edited 6 times in total
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello? <knock knock> Anyone still here?

I'm not even sure if this is still a live thread, but drb sure thinks so. Here's the match report for VNV Nation 5 vs 2 Big Trouble in Little FUMBBL

A win and no CAS for yours truly (as noted above in the VNV results) and a loss, a SI, and a Death against BTiLF.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure the group is alive and well.. but the major domo Moxy is off-line for 2 more days or so. So if you have results keep posting em!

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I just applied to join Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Mojo you cant score points from our game as i am not in the EDL yet Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Have to admit I'm not entirely sure how this works... but here's a 4-1 win for me in a little 8v8 Dark Elf Action. I only badly hurt one of his and didn't use my dirty player at all. And he si'd one of mine. So I believe I showed enough "class" not to lose points for that bh Smile

Black-Sycthe Reapers vs Cats of Ulthair
(BunnyPuncher) vs (CopyCat)

no idea if the cats are EDL or not, but here's the result anyhoo...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=74439

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought this was in response to (and in the same format as) the EMU, hence playing elvish and posting scores from teams outside of the League. Hell, I even put the match results from a game against Trog's Orcs.

Whatever. Easy enough to edit out. We'll find out when Moxy gets back.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah right the only way to score points is to play fellow EDL members. I hope this clears things up for ya guys.

Later
Moxy
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Results for the Ethanol Cordials
Ignore results in red. They're against non-EDL members.

Ethanol Cordials 2 vs 4 Alternative Living
7 points total: 5 points for the loss, 2 TDs 1 BH. This was a recovery match for Alternative Living, so I let all my nigglers have the day off, even though 4/5 technically showed up to sit on the bench. Boy was that a foolish mistake. Smile Outnumbered, Aflac still ran circles around me and easily walked away with the win. Very fun game, though. A bunch of rookie/near rookie line elves, a star PW and a 2-skill DW against a handful of great woodies makes for a great challenge.

Ethanol Cordials 3 vs 2 Farwood Fire
18 points total: 15 points for the win, 3 TDs no CAS. 1 SI against. Playing Moxy is always a treat, and I finally managed a win. This was thanks mostly to a 6 turn "Riot" to end the game after I got the go-ahead score in the second half. Finally! First time since January that I've beaten the Fire!

Ethanol Cordials 3 vs 4 Farwood Fire
7 points total: 5 points for the loss, 3 TDs, 1 Kill (oops). 1 SI against. Always a fun match playing Moxy and the Fire. Of course, it would have been better if I hadn't just pushed Moxy up into first place in the EDL over my other team. Doh. Guess I need to play more.

Last edited by BadMrMojo on Sep 04, 2003 - 04:50; edited 4 times in total
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:

Ignore results in red. They're against non-EDL members.

I must be color Blind .....could swear that they are blue Twisted Evil Wink
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Zy-Nox wrote:
I must be color Blind .....could swear that they are blue

Well, one team gets a title in Red and superfluous crap in blue and the other gets the opposite. We silly designer-types like to come up with arbitrary distinctions. It keeps us employed.
Laughing

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Now i see lol

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2003 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Les Anges de la Mort 3 vs 7 VNV Nation

1 SI inflicted by Les Anges de la Mort.

Then VNV Nation won 22 points and Les Anges de la Mort 7 points.

Sorry I lost the link of the match ...
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2003 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The Tiny Explosions are the first goblin team ever to apply for the E.D.L.. The team clearly is elven in playing style - having a goblin in the top 10 fumbbl all time scorers, an ag3 av7 Ogre as well as having been part of the fumbbl all time record of 19 TDs in one game more than proves this.

-Mnemon
 Jump to: