42 coaches online • Server time: 00:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darkwolf

Post 5 Posted: Aug 08, 2005 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

What would be the interest in a Vampire chat room for a place for ranked vampire teams/coaches to talk rosters, skills selections, tactics and strategy?

I don't like to be a racist, but I think Vampires are one of the most unique/frustrating/difficult and fun teams to play with! All nationality's accepted, even Danes!

We have XFL tourny's and I don't see Vampire XFL until waaay after the other more 'standard' races are done. Plus, what better games are there than vampire vs vampire where BOTH teams eat their own! Possible run mini tourny's or if other ranked teams want to play vampire teams and try to stop the Dark Lord's!

Again, for ranked vampire coaches teams only! WE need to speard the word of this under-rated and unique team!

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2005 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea and have thought about having Vamp only leagues before. I am not sure how much a chatroom would be used, but at miminum, setting up a group for "Active" Vamp teams searching for similar squads (sounds like a personals add now) would be neat. I think there is an "Active" Ladder group....I wonder if that helps at all.

Anywho, I would be in as it would be fun and give me an excuse to feel like I am not cherrypicking.

Maybe we should call it the VMU? Or not Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2005 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

celas wrote:
...Maybe we should call it the VMU? Or not Smile

Nah. The Thrall Mangling Union. Vampires only and you score points for eating your own thralls. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2005 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The chat room was for people to come in and talk chat live, as many dont use the forum search function to look up threads about vampires. Also, vamps need to cherry pick a bit, or else all the vampire teams would need to be retired and started anew!

Maybe run instant vamp tourny's on weekends, winner(s) get paid homage on Bunny's blog or in a thread/post. Something to do until XFL Vampires starts.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2005 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I think there is an "Active" Ladder group....I wonder if that helps at all.

It helps: At least with finding teams to challenge.
My vampire teams dwell in ladder and unranked with moderate success, so exchange of experience is desired.

Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2005 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Bring a team to ranked vanGorn, all other leagues or divisions are just minor leagues! Step up to the pros!!

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2005 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
Bring a team to ranked vanGorn, all other leagues or divisions are just minor leagues! Step up to the pros!!

IMO Ranked is just for goofing off after all your U slots have been taken. I need more U slots. Sad

If U Vamps can not join such a group, I won't bother.

ultwe

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2005 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
Darkwolf wrote:

I need more U slots. Sad

If U Vamps can not join such a group, I won't bother.

Seconded Smile

Ult

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2005 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Like I said before, Ranked is the big leagues here on fumbbl. This is a forum for ranked/serious coaches for vampire teams. Christ, what next, you want me to include vamplings or some other sillyness.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2005 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Do I need to dress as a vampire to get in the vampire chatroom.

Let's take joke aside, actually, what is the goal of such a chatroom?

I mean if you write /j vampires you will create the chatroom so I guess you want it official.

I see how tournament chatroom are, I don't see it work but well could be tried. But I find normal that vampire are one of the lasts for XLF. I think that the most played races must have priority. So it is. :p

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2005 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

You dont have to dress as a vampire or work at Cinnabuns to join the chat, anyone is welcome to the chat, just seeing if vampires coaches are wanting a place to gather, discuss and hook up for games outside the main chat room. Possible run mini tourny's or whatever else tickles our fancy.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2005 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I could see an Active Vampire Group. I check the Ladder group whenever I'm lfging to see if there's any suitable opponents online. My own vamps are kinda crappy though, but they have vowed to rebuild to their former glory.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2005 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

yes but why do you need it official?

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2005 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

not official. just something to do for vamp coaches. Uber, our new brood will gladly help you rebuild your vamps to their previous glory!

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2005 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

actually, if you type /j something you enter in something chatroom so you could just advertise for that in forumand make it live somehow.