18 coaches online • Server time: 04:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is your relation to turn 16 fouling?
I always make a turn 16 foul. It is a long-term habit.
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
I might occasionally make a turn 16 foul if it is tactical or if my opponent was a real pig
34%
 34%  [ 22 ]
I never turn 16 foul but I understand if my opponent does foul on turn 16, even if just for fun.
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
I never turn 16 foul and I do NOT understand if my opponent fouls me on turn 16 just for fun (tactical is OK).
30%
 30%  [ 19 ]
If someone turn 16 fouls versus me, I won't play versus him ever again (and/or he might be added to my public black list)
17%
 17%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 63

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2005 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
Besides - I know Humies is from Finland but that's still part of Russia, right? *Cough*

Personally, I have t16 fouled for much less aggressive behaviour than such a national insult. Razz

ultwe

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2005 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

As I understand it, there was some stalling involved in that game....
I tend to foul very little myself, but my bio does state that if I encounter stalling, anything and everything goes, (and that <b>may</b> include T16 fouling). Obviously, if I stall, I expect exactly the same treatment...

therefore: I might occasionally make a turn 16 foul if it is tactical or if my opponent was a real pig (although "Real Pig" may be too strong a term, retaliation does not automatically mean that I am angry...)

Ult.

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2005 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

ultwe wrote:

therefore: I might occasionally make a turn 16 foul if it is tactical or if my opponent was a real pig (although "Real Pig" may be too strong a term, retaliation does not automatically mean that I am angry...)

Ult.

the poll option should say "I might occasionally make a turn 16 foul if it is tactical or if my opponent was a real pig". Either - or.

If oppo fouls you all game long but you don't want to foul back, to keep the eye on him ->you might wish to gang foul your opponent on t16 for revenge. This is my definition for t16 fouling versus a "real pig".

Prymja

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2005 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I played Table Top well before playing FUMBBL, and totally disagree with T16 fouling unless it is absolutly necessary to score. You get no SPPs, and if you can't figure out a way to beat your opponent the next time you play them, then you truely should not be in any type of replaying league. To even think that you would resort to attempting to kill off an opponent for no other reason then I might see them in a game later down the road, then you are a piss poor coach. No I have no problems with any fouling that allows you to move up the field or even makes it easier for you to score, or stop a score during that game, I have no problem with croud pushing during the game if it allows you to play a better game, but to just try and kill the other team, well, you are someone I will not play.

Now, i have said my piece on this, and will place it on my team page, but as FUMBBL does not allow public ban lists, then I will not be posting coaches who have made it onto that list, BUT I do have a list sitting next to my comp, and will not forget where it is.
Cervidal

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2005 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't one of the original problems of Blood Bowl team rating bloat?

If folks are going to continue complaining about things like turn 16 fouling (or dodge teams with Dirty Player on them, as I've already encountered) then we're going to have to keep tolerating things like aging which, as far as I can tell, no one likes.

I say kudos to the turn sixteen fouler.
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2005 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

If everyone would just play ruthlessly and have that mindset as part of the FUN of bloodbowl, it would all even out. Solid rules get ruined when people start whining about them. You're going to lose some players here and there. WHO CARES. It's just part of the game.

I foul whenever I want even when I'm NOT going to be playing that team again. All the more reason to foul when I am in a competetive league with that team and may even face them again.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2005 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

These are all valid opinions. As you can see, different individuals have a different relation to Blood Bowl.

Some play it like chess, some play it like ice hockey (joke Wink).

As the main organiser, I need to respect all the different approaches and try to ensure all the participants are having a good time in our league.

origami

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2005 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I can say that, while I almost never foul T16 (maybe twice in all the time I've played), I'd be sure to do it to anybody who posted the "I will never play you again" option in their bio. In fact, I'd probably let them know ahead of time that I plan to foul the heck out 'em, in the hopes that they'd forfeit the game. Anybody who's gonna give me free wins 'cause of a single foul is someone who I want as an opponent.

Last edited by origami on %b %13, %2005 - %20:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2005 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Well, I can say that, while I almost never foul T16 (maybe twice in 600+ games), I'd be sure to do it to anybody who posted the "I will never play you again" option in their bio. In fact, I'd be sure to let them know ahead of time that I plan to foul the heck out 'em. Anybody who's gonna give me free wins 'cause of a single foul is someone who I want as an opponent.

If you ever foul me in a game Origami I WILL NEVER PLAY YOU AGAIN.... oh wait...
Quote:

If everyone would just play ruthlessly and have that mindset as part of the FUN of bloodbowl,
But mate i don't WANT to and that is the reason that i play in OPEN is because i DON'T find it fun.

I accept you do but i don't push my ideals on you so please don't push yours on me. That way we both can enjoy the game in our own way.

i fail to see why both can't co-exsist, all it takes is a bit of maturity and understanding.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2005 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

origami wrote:
Well, I can say that, while I almost never foul T16 (maybe twice in all the time I've played), I'd be sure to do it to anybody who posted the "I will never play you again" option in their bio. In fact, I'd probably let them know ahead of time that I plan to foul the heck out 'em, in the hopes that they'd forfeit the game. Anybody who's gonna give me free wins 'cause of a single foul is someone who I want as an opponent.

I consider such behaviour highly unethical.

BB is supposed to be a fun freetime activity, right? Not a way to piss off other people on purpose.

Anybody who's gonna start turn 16 fouling in hope of free wins in the future is not someone who I want as a league member.

soren72

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2005 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The age old subject...... I guess it never dies. I dislike it when someone fouls my star in T16 wittout tactical reason, but having played for a while you begin to accept it. After all it's a game. Then I learned not to put my good players in the open in T16 against certain coaches. You live you learn.... and then your star probably ages anyway! ;o)

Anyway - forcing players to write things in their bio is not a good idea. If they want to they can, but it might have an impact on their other games on FUMBBL.

This being a running turney with good chances (or riscs!) of playing the same team again - even I might be tempted to T16 foul. I've never done it without a tactical reason before, but who knows.....

Soren - Back Judge, The Reformed Church of Nuffle
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2005 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

hi, im not in this league but have to tell that i made over a hundret games on fumbbl dont know how much exactly but... in this whole time noone did foul me in the 16th turn... and im sure many of the coaches i played saw that as a real possibility... so whats the point of argueing about such a small minority... the rules tell you what is allowed and what is not allowed... all who dont understand this will loose so let them
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2005 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

soren72 wrote:
Anyway - forcing players to write things in their bio is not a good idea. If they want to they can, but it might have an impact on their other games on FUMBBL.

This being a running turney with good chances (or riscs!) of playing the same team again - even I might be tempted to T16 foul. I've never done it without a tactical reason before, but who knows.....

Everyone is free to alter the sentence as they see fit. "If you t16 foul me in a GL game.. blahblah" and whatnot. But as this goes to TEAM bio and not PERSONAL bio, I can't tell a reason why it should affect their other games. These GL teams are allowed to play games only inside the league, anyway. Razz

Drud

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2005 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted "I never turn 16 foul and I do NOT understand if my opponent fouls me on turn 16 just for fun (tactical is OK)."

I've fouled on turn 16... in my very first game ever, since I thought "Hey, I wont loose anything at all, I might get a player sent off for.. 0 turns! YEAH!" ... my opponent (who I know IRL) was not happy Smile
He explained that though there was nothing to loose by doing it, there was just as little to be won.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Drud wrote:
I voted "I never turn 16 foul and I do NOT understand if my opponent fouls me on turn 16 just for fun (tactical is OK)."

I've fouled on turn 16... in my very first game ever, since I thought "Hey, I wont loose anything at all, I might get a player sent off for.. 0 turns! YEAH!" ... my opponent (who I know IRL) was not happy Smile
He explained that though there was nothing to loose by doing it, there was just as little to be won.

Well, if it's an IRL friend, it's time to pay back for the CD he borrowed but never returned. Wink

Or something else...there's always a good enough reason to t 16 foul an IRL buddy you've known for several years. If nothing else, then just because "he'll do it anyway if I won't, so I better be first to do it" (joke) Wink

Jump to: