51 coaches online • Server time: 00:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Moxy

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2003 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is where people playing our proper Elf Bowl games can post there resutls.

Remeber Elf bowl = Fun Bowl

Later
Moxy
Moxy

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2003 - 05:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The first game was a big one for the EDL it was with the Farwood Fire and the Terrifying Anarchists of Naggoroth. In the end it was a 2-2 draw.

<a href=http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=70494>http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=70494</a>
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2003 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck guys. As the founder of EMU I wish you well. Something tells me this won't be considered as "offensive" as the EMU was. In fact, I think a couple of competing factions will make this game all the more fun.

BTW Nothing wrong with playing a little touchbowl in between recovery games after your roster sheet has been vandalized by an EMU club. Good Luck and have fun. Maybe we can have a big whupass tourny in the near future.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2003 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The Ethanol Cordials have joined the EDL and the team captain, Kahlua, has released the following statement:
Kahlua wrote:
The Cordials do not traditionally bandy about with this (with a slight sneer of disdain) tournament nonsense and have never before considered joining a (with another slight sneer of disdain) group such as this. However, with the recent formation of this (with yet another sneer of disdain, although in no way slight this time) cleverly-named 'Elf Mangling Union', we believed it was time to make a show of support for our oppressed bretheren.
The Cordials do not play for tourneys or prizes, but rather for the sake of the game itself. In the future, however, we will grant you the right to tally those plays for whatever purposes you will.

Future results will be posted here. Congratulations to Evo and Moxy for the great match to start the season.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2003 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The up and coming Wood Elf team VNV Nation have also joined the EDL. Their motto, "Victory not Vengance," seems to play right into the spirit of things in the EDL. A spokesperson, known only as 'Chosen' had the following to say:
Chosen wrote:
Order is shattered in a strange guttural tone that resounded along the walls of the houses, which seemed dead and deserted, while, behind the closed shutters, eyes watched the conquerors, who, by right of war, were now masters of the city and of the lives and fortunes of its people.

In their darkened ruins the inhabitants have given way to the same feeling of panic which is aroused by natural cataclysms - those devastating upheavals of the Earth, against which wisdom and strength alike are of no avail.

Though the same feeling is experienced wherever the established order of things is upset, when security ceases to exist, when all that was previously protected by the laws of man and nature is suddenly placed at the mercy of brutal, unreasoning force.

The earthquake, burying a whole people beneath the ruins of their houses; the river in spate, sweeping away the bodies of drowned peasants, together with the carcasses of cattle and rafters torn from roofs; and the victorious army slaughtering all who resist, making prisoners of the rest, looting by right of the sword, and thanking their god to the sound of cannon.

All these are terrifying scourges which undermine all our belief in eternal justice and all the trust we have been taught to place in divine protection and human reason.

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean, but I'm sure it's quite relevant. The normally quiet catcher, Liebestod, astounded reporters by piping in with his own addition, saying, "I just don't want to die..."

Well, we can all sympathize with that, I suppose. Future results will be posted here.

VNV Nation 4 vs 3 Doombringers
14 points total: 15 points for the win, -1 point for a SI. Do Pitch Invasions count? If so, add an extra -4 for two deaths (1 got apothed).
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2003 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well...

here's a logo/graphic I did up for the EDL. You may use it if you like.

http://www.geocities.com/dgbunnypuncher/

It should be pretty obvious, but its the top left graphic on my welfare website Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2003 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The EMU hunters have vowed to create the perfect anti-bash team or die trying. Team Captain, Ma Derya, found an ancient artifact, a small silver disc. It was learned that the disc could speak through use of ancient technology. The disk inspired her to form a team and fight for the rights of elves. The disk had this to say.
Quote:

In the beginning
Good always overpowered the evils
Of all man's sins...
But in time
The nations grew weak
And our cities fell to slums
While evil stood strong
In the dusts of hell
Lurked the blackest of hates
For he whom they feared
Awaited them... Now many many lifetimes later
Lay destroyed, beaten, beaten down,
Only the corpses of rebels
Ashes of dreams
And blood stained streets
It has been written
"Those who have the youth
Have the future"
So come now, children of the beast (beast was a term of great respect in the old tounge. This clearly refers to Nuffle)
Be strong
And Shout at the Devil

The disk is believed to be the voice of Nuffle himself. The sacred sayings that followed are being examined and may eventually be released.
robofreem

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2003 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

As a loyal Elf-ball type coach, I feel it is my duty to submit both the Draknal Daemons and the Loquacious Lancers to this most honorable of foundations.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2003 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Er... so with the recent tournament shakedown, what's the deal here? Is this (to use Christer's definitions) a meta, open, or closed tourney? I take it it's a meta tourney and we're just posting results to the new EDL results thread for glory, honor and kicks. Right?

Just curious.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2003 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

"Hi this is Rent Brockman from ESBBN Sports news. We're about to take you to the live press-conference called by EMU founder Coach Nerfic BunnyPuncher. Strangely enough, the press conference is being held in the boardroom of the EDL! Okay, they're ready now, we'll go there immediately!"

Quote:
(Zoom into coach Nerfic BunnyPuncher in front of a podium flanked by two red clad black orcs)

"Gentlemen, I've called you here today to inform you that my company- the Malignant Limited Partnership- now has a direct stake in the future of the EDL!"

*incredulous noises from the gallery, some shouts for a hanging, someone screams "go back to hell you damn dirty ape!"*

"No... No.. I know what you are thinking and that is not what I've done. Many will consider my motives for involvement in the EDL to be suspect. Yes, I am the founder of EMU, and yes I am the man who put a personal bounty of 10,000GP on the head of Taggert Quickdancer - that punk"

*more boos, someone yells "We've got the rope!"*

"But all of you know me. Am I not first and foremost a business man? Do I not always show up where the smart money is? And when I look at the EDL, I see money! Big heavy bags of it! I know you neanderthals like pretty passes almost as much as you like blood. So on that note, let me introduce my new partner... Domino Creel, captain of The Black Scythe-Reapers! Ha Ha! Malignant LLP acquired the Reapers just this morning! Welcome Domino...."

*Nerfic BunnyPuncher shambles aside, to make way for a tall dark elf dressed completely in black with a dark cowl shading his face*

"I will waste little time with you pathetic fools. Unlike the other teams in this league, I have no interest in deluging you with inane prattling. The Reapers will make their statements upon the pitch"

*with a swish of his black cape he steps away and blends quickly into the shadows, one of the black orcs returns the mic to Nerfic BunnyPuncher*

"Ha Ha! Now that's my kinda elf! I know you're shocked and surprised gentlemen, but the show ain't over yet. Let me introduce to you my next guest... the captain of the Savage-Immortals, Galahad Greypearl!"

*the crowd reacts with a shocked intake of breath, followed my moaning and an angry scream "Galahad! How could you!" A tall slender woodelf walks to the podium, his hair like a golden crown above his handsome features. Dressed in a ravishing forest green suit, he cuts a rather striking figure*

"I know many of you will consider this a betrayal. But my mind is clear and I feel I have made the correct decision! I have spoken at great length with Coach BunnyPuncher, and I feel you are all mistaken in thinking him an evil man! I have seen the good works he has done with the poor & underprivileged children orphaned by war!"

*The cacophony of angry shouts is now overwhelming. A very loud voice shouts "He feeds those orphans to his ogres! You'll see! You sold your soul to the devil!"*

"Mother please! Do not chastise me in public again... I know in my heart, that I am right. He is a good man, you will see he keeps his word! In addition Coach Nerfic has given me complete executive control over the Savage-Immortals. I am coach, captain and the general manager! This is what every elven bloodbowl coach dreams of! A chance to play the game the way it was meant to played!"

*a riot breaks out among the mostly elven crowd, chairs and half-lings are flung at the stage. Galahad looks around, dodges a tackle and bursts for the door, Nerfic BunnyPuncher scoops up the mic once more*

"Ha Ha! I see it's time for me to go. Garok, Balzac, clear a path we're outta here!"

*the two black orcs begin shoving and pushing their way through the crowd. Several more large red-armoured orcs join the fray in an effort to protect their master. Surrounded now by his body guards, BunnyPuncher begins screaming obscenities and flipping the bird to the frenzied crowd. With a final shove the Blood Blitzers clear a path and Nerfic sprints for his motor-coach. Reaching the door, he stops, waves and ducks into the silk lined interior*

"Wow that was exciting!" exclaims Rent Brockman "For those of you requiring more information about this staggering development, you can
see the teams at the following links!"

Black-Scythe Reapers:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=15629

Savage-Immortals:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=15626