39 coaches online • Server time: 13:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
golan

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,
I would like to have my icons (the small ones, in the field) customized, and also personalized for each player.

What I mean is: I have, for example, an orc blitzer with +AG, and I want to change the icon in a way that helps me distinguishing him from other orc blitzers.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes.

1) Put your icon pics into the pics/iconssmall folder of your JavaBowl directory
2) Using Notepad or other text editor, edit your icons.ini file to include the filenames of the pictures you'd like to use. For example, to replace the standard orc blitzer pic, find the [ORC] team list, then edit the picture name for BLITZER.
Fama

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

But I don't think it's possible to make THAT orc blitzer look different.
Rimmer

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

No.
You can do as SolomonKane said but that changes all Blitzers.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

But you can have more than one blitzer pic. So that, say your blitzer is the third blitzer on your team so you can have the pics like:

blitzer=yada
blitzer=yada
blitzer=special
blitzer=yada

that should make the third blitzer a "special" blitzer. However if they move around (due to deaths for example) you'll have to change it and your opponent's blitzers will also follow the same formula.

At least I think it works like this.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

if you have a new icon for your star...
An example if your star's name is Elric
Put the name Elric in Roster for position
And put Elric=Elric.gif in Icons Tab...you have new icon for your star.....
Idem for Portrait if you have portrait..... Wink

Buddy

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2005 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Pat wrote:
if you have a new icon for your star...
An example if your star's name is Elric
Put the name Elric in Roster for position
And put Elric=Elric.gif in Icons Tab...you have new icon for your star.....
Idem for Portrait if you have portrait..... Wink

I have tried this and it's just not working for me Sad I would love one of
my own icons on my team.
Pat

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2005 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

icon in gif???
If you have problem, mail me one of your icon...
if it's easy to determine the problem, i mail you the solution....

Shinan

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2005 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It only works for players with the STAR position. Not for normal players... At least that's what I think. I only tried half of it. (I didn't make a STAR player and tried him out. But this would be the way it works methinks.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2005 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, there is a separate section for star players, in the big guys listing. Apparently, for the player type you need to put in the star player's name to access the proper icon. Here, for example, is Bomber Dribblesnot and Griff Oberwald's icon lines:

BOMBER DRIBBLESNOT=goblin3.gif
GRIFF OBERWALD=hgriff1.gif

So to create your own star player, name his pic (like, say, star1.gif) and add his name to the big guys list. So if you had a star named Twinkletoes, the line would be:

TWINKLETOES=star1.gif

Buddy, you CAN create your own teams and put the icons for them into play (I already did so with the barbarians team I helped Pat tweak). What you have to do is this:

1) Put your icons in the proper directories. Put the player portraits in the 'pics' directory (these are the pics which show up in the bottom windows of the client when you hover the mouse over them) and put the on-field icons in the 'icons' directory (these are the pictures you actually click on to select players on the field when playing). Note that there are at least FOUR small icons for every on-field player - two for red teams and two for blue teams, which break down into the icon for the player when selected, and for the player when unselected. I noticed Pat had, for example, named one set of barbarian pics 'barbar1,' 'barbar1an,' 'barbar1b' and 'barbar1ban'. The first two there are for the barbarian as a red team player, and the last two are for the barbarian as a blue team player. All these icons are for the SAME player. As you might guess, for a second type of 'standard barbarian' icon, I have 'barbar2,' 'barbar2an,' barbar2b' and 'barbar2ban'. My barbarian blitzers, then, are named barblitzer1, barblitzer1an, barblitzer1b, and barblitzer1ban. and so on and so forth.

2) Edit your 'portraits.ini' to get the correct pics to show up in the bottom windows of the icon. you need to add a listing section for the entire team's player types. For example, this is what my barbarians roster looks like in portraits.ini:

[BARBARIAN]

BARBARIAN=barbarbig.gif
BERSERKER=berzerkbig.gif
BERZERKER=berzerkbig.gif
BLITZER=barblitzerbig.gif
CHAMPION=championbig.gif

3) Edit your 'icons.ini'. Add a listing for your entire team's roster, which will include player positions followed by the name of the player icon file. Here is the listing for my barbarian roster.

[BARBARIAN]

BARBARIAN=barbar1.gif
BARBARIAN=barbar2.gif
BARBARIAN=barbar3.gif
BARBARIAN=barbar4.gif
BERSERKER=berzerk1.gif
BERSERKER=berzerk2.gif
BERZERKER=berzerk1.gif
BERZERKER=berzerk2.gif
BLITZER=barblitzer1.gif
BLITZER=barblitzer2.gif
CHAMPION=champion1.gif
CHAMPION=champion2.gif

Now, notice how this does NOT include EVERY player icon I had mentioned above. I only have, for example, 'barbar1' listed for a standard barbarian icon. However, the client apparently 'knows' to connect my barbar1an, barbar1b, and barbar1ban icons to that particular player listing.

That should be it! It's a bit of work, but you only have to do it once if you remember to save your work. Smile Play your teams and enjoy!
By the way, I currently have plans to add, for my own entertainment, kobolds and possibly gnolls into my roster listings, to screw around with in standalone play. Kudos to Pat for all the creative roster ideas, keep up the good work!

Last edited by SolomonKane on %b %23, %2005 - %23:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
nin

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2005 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

But there are some positions with many default icons, like ogres.
You just go to the lines asigning icons, and identify by some means your player position, then you can chage the icon for this player.
Buddy

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2005 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

SolomonKane wrote:
By the way, I currently have plans to add, for my own entertainment, kobolds and possibly gnolls into my roster listings, to screw around with in standalone play. Kudos to Pat for all the creative roster ideas, keep up the good work!

Those Gnolls do look killer, i think i might play around with them for my own entertainment. Extra Kudos to Pat, Great work, keep it up. Very Happy
Pat

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2005 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks all!!!!
But i'm not alone in creative roster idea, another frenchies like Mattchaos, Diablange or Sebco in the conception of rosters...
Me it's just Icons & sometimes logos....
In my forum two questions: The ambiance sounds in site? Yes or No
Big Mamas in roster Flikkens? Yes or No
If you like come in this forum & give your opinion...

SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been chewing on the flikkens roster. I think it shows a lot of promise. The idea of a chainsaw-wielding troll is certainly entertaining but probably hard to balance - trolls are pretty strong already, they don't really NEED weapons. What they DO need are ball carriers.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

SolomonKane wrote:
...So to create your own star player, name his pic (like, say, star1.gif) and add his name to the big guys list. So if you had a star named Twinkletoes, the line would be:

TWINKLETOES=star1.gif

This is astoundingly, mind-numbingly brilliant, by the way. I'm kicking myself for never having thought of it.

Jump to: