24 coaches online • Server time: 08:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BigMac

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

"no, we don't play bashing teams. plz don't even ask"

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=186027

The Team's record is, of course, 7:0:0
Let me emphasise once again how this kind of abuse of the open format spoils the underlying idea of "ranked" to be a league that is supposed to be competitve.

If this kind of -under my definition- cheating is not only tolerated, but people are even allowed to advertise it, then we should do away with any type of coachrating, even keeping records of team win's, but let ladder and faction be the only competitive divisions.

It can't be that those users who accept reasonable offers and are willing to take casualties, and while doings so generate quality matches for other users, are effectively penalized for stupidity.

Teams that took a beating are likely to strugle and as a result loose a couple of games until they are back in shape. Obviously, the records of users that recover their teams are worse than those of users that just trash their teams if things get difficult or simply avoid difficulites at all cost.

That abuses seriously spoils the fun for honest users, and you know it.
So the least thing we could expect is that "those peole" are not allowed to actively promote their twisted way of participating in ranked.

THANKS.
Superstar

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Well that text does save alot of time. Since otherwise he would just have to say no to any bashing challengers. Since he is free to say no to any challengers without a penalty in Ranked. It saves time, imho
orenji

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think that, being it an open division, everyone can play whenever, whatever and whoever they want to.

It is not an illegal procedure to avoid "hard" teams, so why should it be illegal to advertise it?

At least this way you dont have to hear silly excuses when you ask him for a match and he doesn't want to play.

He is really saving us lots of our precious time.
Fama

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

That's true... And I don't think it's really cheating. And anyway, what, 2 claws, 2 guard, 2 diving tackle? Good luck finding a game vs. non-bashers.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

More to the point is his getting a RO, claw and 2 guard. Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

what interests me is the use of claw. its not there to protect the team from other bashers i.e. claw rsc beastmen, its there to hurt 7av teams. A team designed for bashing that wont play bashers. see if he plays chaos at 200tr....
Cloggy

A bit cheesy, yes (please forgive the bad skaven/cheese reference).

Coach Wiry: Do onto others as they do to you. Don't want to be bashed? Lose the Claws! This looks like a lame attempt to only play matches where you are sure you can gain the numerical advantage.

Since it appears you only want to play other skaven and elfs anyway, you might as well opt for foul appearance, tentacles or prehensile tail for mutations.

Edit: Oh and BigMac: He is well within the rules. We have heard your arguments. I understand your opinion and it was made clear to you by a LOT of people in a LOT of threads that they disagree. Give it a rest already.......

Last edited by Cloggy on Aug 19, 2005 - 16:22; edited 1 time in total
TheCetusProject

Well it does distort the ratings somewhat. But since there isn't really a good solution that still allows people who play non-bashers only to play a lot, there's not a lot that can be done. I suppose you could say that someone has to play a broader range of teams or his score isn't counted for ranking purposes, but that doesn't feel right.
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked isn't supposed to be 'fair' BM. It's about playing the type of game you want to and winning as much as you can. That's why it used to be called Open (i.e. open play).

It is however competative, you are rewarded for winning. So what if people aren't playing the same type of games?
neverdodge

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Next skills will prolly be 2 DP then he ll pray to get some RSC ...
mulvax

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Who cares what he advertises...I see that comment and just refuse to play him under any circumstances.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm definitely naming my next troll, BigMac.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

arktoris wrote:
I'm definitely naming my next troll, BigMac.

You may need to rethink that. Imagine the number of failed Really Stupid rolls you will get Confused

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a very intelligent person who just managed to get himself blocked.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Pathetic. If you take multiple claw it is getting worse indeed.

But you have a right to be pathetic if you really want to.

And yes; as a Skaven coach I REALLY do see the point in avoiding 'killer-teams' but this is over the top. Not play them (bashers) at all is way harsh.