49 coaches online • Server time: 19:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2005 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

it might be self satisfaction too. Had you never fixed yourself a goal, beeing happy to achieve it even if nobody cares?

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

How about finding some way to encourage(force) players to play people with similar Coach rankings. Would also encourage newer people to keep on playing here as theyd be facing opponents they might have a hope of winning against.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Goody666 wrote:
How about finding some way to encourage (force) players to play people with similar Coach rankings. Would also encourage newer people to keep on playing here as theyd be facing opponents they might have a hope of winning against.

My Humans played all races multiple times except Khemri, so I am all for a system that gives bonuses to non-cherrypickers. But I suggest to ban the "force" word in this matter. Ranked is an open format, and when I put my humans on gamefinder it's because I want a game. As simple as that.
Forcing players to meet some coaches instead of others, or some races instead of the same over and over, reduces the chances to find "quickly" a game. And getting matches easily is a top priority for all fumbblers, I think.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Goody666 wrote:
How about finding some way to encourage (force) players to play people with similar Coach rankings. Would also encourage newer people to keep on playing here as theyd be facing opponents they might have a hope of winning against.

My Humans played all races multiple times except Khemri, so I am all for a system that gives bonuses to non-cherrypickers. But I suggest to ban the "force" word in this matter. Ranked is an open format, and when I put my humans on gamefinder it's because I want a game. As simple as that.
Forcing players to meet some coaches instead of others, or some races instead of the same over and over, reduces the chances to find "quickly" a game. And getting matches easily is a top priority for all fumbblers, I think.

Im relatively new here but the way the system seems set up seems to encourage people to play only games they know they will win. For a start ranked is the default division new people are drawn to id imagine (for ease of finding games etc) so a lot of new people attracted to the site would probaly play there first. And loose. A lot. Can be very disheartening to constantly be being used as target and ratings practice!

For me we need a division which encourages competitiveness. Competitiveness doesnt involve vastly unbalanced games due to either teams or coaches , it means a real competition in matches between more evenly matched opponents. The closer the games the more exciting the competitions , just look at most football leagues formats etc. Perhaps you cant force people to play coaches which are at least somewhere near being a par , but there must be a better way of encouraging than the current system. Using the coach ratings seems the best option to me. It doesnt necessarily have to be in ranked of course.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Goody666 wrote:
How about finding some way to encourage(force) players to play people with similar Coach rankings. Would also encourage newer people to keep on playing here as theyd be facing opponents they might have a hope of winning against.

Whoa, this would leave me with only about 75 coaches to play... No thank you. Smile

People are already encouraged to play similar ranking coaches: If they draw, they'd lose no Ranking, if they lose, they'd lose little Ranking (far less than losing to a lower ranked coach) and if they win, well, the only way people will gain a lot of Ranking fast is by playing higher Ranked coaches...

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer to play up than to play down...

If I win the rewards are great... if I lose, meh, I lose a half a point of CR per match and will have learned something new, and it will be a much better match than versus some low 140s coach. That said, don't look at the CRs of 2 of my last 5 opponents (Hey I was on a losing skid!)