26 coaches online • Server time: 01:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy is back?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
neverdodge

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The Ranked rule says :

Playing the same opponent too often
Due to the ranking structure, coaches are expected to play a variety of different coaches. Do not use this division to play amongst a close group of friends. The accepted benchmark for this division is 1 in 10 games played vs the same coach/team. If you want to play games among a close group of friends, create teams in the U division.

It seems that it s possible to do it despite it s not authorized.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

It is possible.
So?

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Really? I've played the same coach/team combo and been denied the results. Crying or Very sad It sucked until I realized what we had done, by mistake mind you, and we just shrugged it off and learned the lesson. heheh
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

You can play back to back games in U with the same team Wink
Patonius2000

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

ditto @ da todfatha
Mr_Launcher

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I understand things, team A can't play against team B twice in a row (and uploading will be denied), but coach A can play coach B in a twice row (but with different teams).

The latter is not only possible, but also allowed, if A and B have both played at least 18 games against other coaches.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

while the result uploads (since I did it at my debut) I think it's not allowed though. Maybe the rules changed in between and the site did not follow it, but I think it is illegal. Not sure though.

(**private joke** If only I could play Bandit Kierce a.k.a. Bruno ten times in a row raaaa **private joke**)

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

ah yes should be coach A can play coach B how many times, but there should be some match of difference, </b>five</b> if I remember correctly
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Today I was turned down by a coach I played with 9 games ago with my chaos.
Reason: it's against the rules.

I think such a restriction should be reviewed. Sometimes I connect at particular hours, and there's not so many ppl in Gamefinder. It is very likely to play the same coach multiple times, and I can see no wrong about it.

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

5 games?? 18 games??? did ANY of you really read the rules/the quote above?.. you shall not play the same coach in ranked more than once in 10 games.. if you do it a bit more often there will be no problem.. but if you abuse it you get pounded.. stated that in several threads before.. and i think the rules state it quite clear.. how come everyone comes up with some fantasy interpretations of the rules?

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Therethere Candle, still a bit tired from the long trip to Utrecht? Razz

I do agree with the rule, even though it gets in my way sometimes. The number of potential opponents for a TR397 CD team is not all that high and so i am sometimes forced to wait before I can play a fun opponent again.

Still, we are talking about ranked, in which the rules need to assure that people play a decent spread of different opponents for their ranking points.

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the rule's not that clear. It could be read that one may play the same coach in back to back games as long as he played more than 1/10 games not against the same opponent. Additionally it could be read that you are allowed to play the same coach more than once in ten games, if BOTH coaches use different teams.
"The accepted benchmark for this division is 1 in 10 games played vs the same coach/team. "
A different wording or giving an example could help making the stated intention of the rule clear.
M

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

eejits Wink
KRaff

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Markus wrote:
Well, the rule's not that clear. It could be read that one may play the same coach in back to back games as long as he played more than 1/10 games not against the same opponent. Additionally it could be read that you are allowed to play the same coach more than once in ten games, if BOTH coaches use different teams.
"The accepted benchmark for this division is 1 in 10 games played vs the same coach/team. "
A different wording or giving an example could help making the stated intention of the rule clear.
M

That is exactly how it reads to a new player here, me; and i think that is where the '18 games' came in seeing that back to back games with a new coach would be 2/20 or 1/10 and within the rules as they are written.
From the way it is worded, I can even see it read as: "Player 1 faces Player 2 With their ATeams. Then Player1 Ateam could face Player2 Bteam, then Player2 Ateam could face Player1 Bteam and so on" as long as the exact teams are not playing each other again.
Honestly, the whole inclusion of the word 'Coach' muddles things; we know it is the same coach since all the teams are in his sole command, right? There is not a case where, for instance, I could control one of your teams, right? Factoring that out, it makes it sound like as long as the same two teams aren't always on the pitch, it isn't a problem.
I'm sure there will be a lot of "I want to play Joe Fool with all my teams because he stinks" and I can see potential problems in the ratings.
Then again, maybe the coach ratings need to take into account 'Strength of Schedule' but I am sure that is topic on another thread.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

"coach/team" means "coach or team".. i must admit that it's a bit redundant to mention "team" in addition to "coach" there.. but even then it says "don't play the same coach more than once in 10 games" and as i already posted in several other threads, if you play the same coach 2 times in 10 games once in a while then that is not a prob.. just don't abuse it.. sorry.. but i really can't see/understand the prob there...

Jump to: