67 coaches online • Server time: 20:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbbl Cup IV Swift Applicants have successfully kicked off. Good luck to all participants!

You can find the match-up and schedules on the group page.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The Weapon Masters have thrown our hat in the ring for the oldest team in fumbbl, currently we're #37 in ranked play (though 5 more games gets us to #33), so we have to hope a few of the more experienced teams opt not to play for us to qualify...

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

NOTICE: You have until tonight 11:59 pm BB time to submit your team for the High CR, High TR and Long Lived Team Qualifiers!

After that time I will start selecting teams on the criteria for each group and kicking off the tournaments.

I will select the first 8, 16, 24 or 32 coaches that best match the criteria (number depending on number of applicants and how well the entire group fits the criteria at my discretion), divide them into random groups of eight (determined by dicerolls in #FumbblCup, if yuo wish to witness, don,e shortly after midnight, then put each of those groups into a KO tourney seeded by CR.

There are still places left for each of these qualifiers, so be sure to apply now to the one that fits you or your team best for maximum entry chances!

And remember, there are still the Quick Start Qualifiers to come, starting next weekend. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent! Since I was already in one of the four tournaments, I'll wait till the Quickstart Qualifiers as ordered Smile
Diarmuid

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

One quick question. If you apply for a category and do not make the cut, what is your eligiblity for the quick start format qualifiers?
Mezir

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Diarmuid wrote:
One quick question. If you apply for a category and do not make the cut, what is your eligiblity for the quick start format qualifiers?

Same as anyone else's.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

All the Bi-weekly KO Qualifiers have been started. Deadlines for each game are displayed on the group pages.

The High TR and High CR Qualifier groups have 3 Qualifiers running each. Coaches who were CR 165 or more 15 minutes before midnight bb time made the cut, all those below that limit did not. Teams of above TR 225 made the cut for the High TR group.

The Long Lived Teams Group is a very elite group - the teams with the least games played has no less than 95 games! Only 16 applying teams made the cut-off point.

I wish everybody in the qualifiers the best of luck, and to those that didn't make it - get ready for the Quick Start Qualifiers! You can find the used format here and the schedule on which they will be run here.

Because only 12 out of 16 Bi-weekly qualifiers started (4 SA, 3 CR, 3 TR, 2 LLT) there will be 4 extra Quick Start Qualifiers for a grand total of 20! Be sure to check dates and times (link above)!

Nine out of ten goblins wouldn't miss it for a one-way Troll Air ticket to the end-zone!

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

So sad... due to my lack of reading... Sleeper in Metropolis has missed out on the long living team qualifier... doesn't seem right. I really need to follow the forums closer.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2005 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

What about the drop out in high TR qualifier? I hope you ban him from future official fumbbl cups.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The Quick Start Qualifiers have begun as of today, with the first qualifier kicking off dead on schedule.

For those of you in need of information, I'll repeat the information here:

RULES

• If you can commit to 2 back to back games and have an eligibile team, join the appropriate tournament channel and apply to the tourmanent group.
  • When the required number of coaches have joined, the tournament facilitator will confirm that everyone is ready and then start the QS tournament will begin.
  • Coaches will then play 2 back to back games. The remaining games in the tournament will then follow the reqular rules indicated by the tournament format.
  • Do not join a QST unless you are certain you can complete 2 back to back games.
  • Dropping out of an QST will result in banishment from further QSTs and depending on the circumstances future Official FUMBBL Tournaments.
More information to be found here.

SCHEDULE

Quick Start Qualifying Tournaments for the Fumbbl Cup are scheduled for:

• October 8th 10 AM, 2 PM, 6 PM and 10 PM
  • October 9th 10 AM, 2 PM, 6 PM and 10 PM
  • October 15th 10 AM, 2 PM, 6 PM and 10 PM
  • October 16th 10 AM, 2 PM, 6 PM and 10 PM
  • October 22nd 10 AM, 2 PM, 6 PM and 10 PM
All times are Bowl Bot Time (type "bb time" in chat or GMT +1)

The 8 spots in each qualifier go to the coaches in channel #FumbblCup (who confirm they are ready at the start time) with the earliest application date to the Fumbbl Cup Quick Start Qualifiers Group. Coaches arriving on time will be given priority over late arrivals.

One Quick Start Qualifying Tournament will be run in each of these slots (16 in all) to decide who will qualify for the main tournament. If there are insufficient coaches ready at any of these times additional Quick Start qualifying tournaments will be run on October 23rd at the same times.

If you play in a Quick Start tournament and get knocked out, your team will be kicked from the group, and you can reapply. Since entry into the Quick Start qualifiers is based on application time, this places you at the bottom of the list. However, you should still be able to enter multiple qualifiers if you so desire.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2005 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Eight Quick Start Qualifiers were played on schedule, and three teams have so far qualified - KFoged's Nandorins of Grotty Little Tournament fame, Naama's Rhazgul's Judgement and Slick's Slick's Wrath - which means two Elf teams (High and Dark) and a Chaos team join Drunk_Master's orc team Butcher Boyz in the final 32 KO stages.

5 final matches remain to be played and as per the set-up coaches have one week to get their games played! Additionally, several of the Bi-weekly KO Qualifiers have progressed to the final match as well, so expect lots more teams to qualify over the next week - lots of exciting games to spectate!

The Fumbbl Cup group page is now available for perusal, and all qualified teams have been invited to the group, so everybody can keep up to date on the state of events.

Next weekend will see 8 more spectacular Quick Start Qualifiers - sign up NOW to maximise your chances of getting into a qualifier! Starting times are displayed above, be on time (15 minutes early) and listen to your tourney admin (Flix, Mr_QB or myself).

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2005 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

There will be eight new Quick Start Qualifiers this weekend at the following times:

• October 15th 10 AM, 2 PM, 6 PM and 10 PM
  • October 16th 10 AM, 2 PM, 6 PM and 10 PM
All times are BB time.

For rules and extra information, see two posts up.

I hope to see lots of people show up.

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2005 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Blast the timezone differences...the next round of QS matches begins at 2am my time...so unless I wanna get up at 6am on a Saturday to play, this severely limits my chances of getting into a QS lineup...

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2005 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

/me hates both Mephist and Menikmati... I want to be able to try a QS qualifier myself, should I lose... Sad

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2005 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with JanMattys. I may not be able to join a quick start because of the length of time it takes Firesky and Smess to play thier game.

Confused
 Jump to: