56 coaches online • Server time: 00:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy is back?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2005 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess there was one good thing to being eliminated so early by you, jan! lol

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2005 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
/me hates both Mephist and Menikmati... I want to be able to try a QS qualifier myself, should I lose... Sad

no need to hate mephist. the delay is all on me. but you will hate me even more after i gave ur damn fishes what they deserve Razz

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2005 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, I don't hate you anymore, cause we play before the last QS tourneys start. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2005 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The FBBA announces that it has implemented a change in the Fumbbl Cup IV prize scheme. This is mainly due to the fact that the wizards in charge of discovering the Potion of Heroism (+1 to a single stat) have somehow blown themselves up in the course of their research. This means that there will be no such prize available. Furthermore, there is now also a change in how much money teams will win in the course of the tournament.

The cash prize scheme now runs as follows. Every time you win a round, Fumbbl automatically adds a certain amount of cash to your team's treasury. The amount of cash depends on which round.

First round: 20k
Second round: 25k
Quarter Final: 35k
Semi-Final: 50k
Winner: 100k

This means the eventual tourney winner walks off with a pleasant 230k cash. Of course, I fully expect that most of that money will have been spent already on Stars and Wizards, or replacements for dead and injured players.

All of this will happen automatically as soon as the match result uploads, so there will be no wait times involved in this. Many thanks to Christer for implementing this automated system.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2005 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

No potion of heroism? What about the fountain of youth (remove all injuries)? Or is this only for cash and prestige now?

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2005 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The injury removal prize is still in. It was deemed to be a big enough prize, which is why the stat enhancement prize was removed. Additionally a +stat prize brings up issues with the site code Re: Aging and the strength formula and the like, another reason it was removed.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2005 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

CS3's gonna be disappointed...no str8 troll for him...

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2005 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

There are three Quick Start Qualifiers left to play, they are scheduled to start at 2 PM, 6 PM and 10 PM bb time respectively, today (Saturday 22nd of October).

Calling out for all people willing to go for it in a desperate last chance scenario. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2005 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I´m kinda disappointed, too.

Especially as the aging-issue could be easily circumvented for this by just increasing the stat in the database without adding a +ST to the skills.
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2005 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I want in. How do I join?

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2005 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Especially as the aging-issue could be easily circumvented for this by just increasing the stat in the database without adding a +ST to the skills.

I'm sure that if this was the case the issue would be non-existent, and that Christer has his reasons for the way he implements things.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2005 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

All qualifiers are under way, only five matches are left to be played, all of them Qualifier Finals.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2005 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a pity I didn't make it in. Still, this seems to be a good opportunity to thank Mezir for running this very cool tournament! Thanks a bunch, it's highly appreciated, although the Delberz Devils are already out Wink
KFoged

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

hi Mezir

When do you think the main event will kick off? in other words how long after the last finals? Razz

KFoged
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 16:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I asked in IRC and got the following response:

No later than Nov 7th.

Then:

After the last final.

Then when asked wether last to qualify team would be allowed prep time he said:

A couple of days.

So best guess is a couple of days after last person qualifies.
 Jump to: