13 coaches online • Server time: 05:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr__Wizard

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I am a massive fan of Fumbbl's official tournaments and they come no bigger than the Fumbbl Cup! Very Happy

With the fourth running of the fumbbl cup looming I thought it would be good to start a bit of a discussion about anything to do with the fourth Fumbbl cup. You can spread rumour, conjecture and speculation about possible victors and you can brag about your own chances!

Would be cool as well to post results and match reports up here once the thing actually kicks off! Very Happy

Bring on the Fumbbl Cup!!
RubenG

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Who's running the book?
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget that there's a community voted award. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

no contest, my new vampires win the tounement Very HappyVery Happy
Mr__Wizard

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point Mez!

This could be a good place to discuss which team should get the community award!
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I just know that all the bashers are smiling and bringing their Claw/RSC/DP teams out there where we have to play them Sad

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

When is it??
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you should check the site news and the sticky in the Tournaments forum. Wink

Or indeed my signature.

Last edited by Mezir on %b %21, %2005 - %13:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ill get my woodies up and Ill win Wink i might win the most hopeful award too Wink
RubenG

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a way to automatically alter the "max spectators allowed" for ALL Cup matches?
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think you can set the max number of spectators through the regular options channels, so I guess not.

If it can be changed via site commands, I guess it could check if the match was for a Ranked tournament, in which case we'd have to ask Christer if he could implement that functionality.

But I doubt it really.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

RubenG wrote:
Is there a way to automatically alter the "max spectators allowed" for ALL Cup matches?

you can change the amount of specs allowed in your options file in the main JBB folder.
by not setting any number there is no max allowed specs.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

So the first applicants for the Fumbbl Cup are in, in the swiftest applicants group! It is looking a particularly bashy group so expect slow grinding death-fests Very Happy
Here is a brief overview of some of the teams in that group :-

Drunken_Master's orcs, Butcher Boyz are the highest rated team there and they have got money in the bank!

The number one ranked coach on fumbbl Csonti is also in this group with a similiarily looking nasty bunch of orcs .

A couple of the much loved Fumbbl admins (Smile) are in this group also in the shape of Peikko and Chickenbrain .

The highest strength team and perhaps a favourite for qualification is the well developed Dark Elf team Underdark Nightmares coached by Arcon .

There are in total:

6 Chaos teams
5 orc
3 Chaos Dwarf
3 Dark Elf
3 Undead
2 Human
2 Dwarf
2 Skaven
1 Lizardmen
1 Nurgles Rotters
1 Khemri
1 Amazon
1 Wood Elf
and 1 Ogre!

Good luck to every competitor and especially the Ogres Very Happy Who do people think will go through and which teams won't come out of it alive?!
Lets have a bit of bragging rights about your teams chances! Very Happy

Last edited by Mr__Wizard on %b %25, %2005 - %03:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

yarr the fumbbl cup, it doesnt get any bigger than this!

My vote is with csonti, the BB machine but like the English FA cup some of the minnows can still shine (in CR and TS!)

I cant wait to see it started!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm hoping to get in a quick start tourney. With what team, Mac? Your famous humans got broken. Why, my no-tree flings! That's right, we are going BIG TIME!!!!