15 coaches online • Server time: 07:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Synn

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

High TR Group 1:
Blood Falcons...... too many elves in there. Interesting dark horse candidate is Khorne's Fanclub though.

High TR Group 2:
This is a tough group to call. Tempted to say Mjoelnir's Friends but that group also has Altdorf's Juveniles in it. Tuff Guys are not to be taken lightly but have the toughest route of all the teams. I think Altdorf will win it due to a bloodbath between Mjoelnir and Tuff Guys.

High TR Group 3:
FUN WITH GOATS!! I am biased of course but damn, after the first match lots of low armour teams that the goats specialize in taking down. I do think that three teams i would have liked to avoid are in my way...... Balaclava/Dark Justice in the semis and Power of Grayskull in the finals! UTE is not to be taken lightly though and depending on how beat up Grayskull is, we can see an upset in the semis there.

_____________________________________________________________-

Long Lived 1:
Forest Fools. Most of the group is too slow to keep up offensively. I will say that if they lose first round.... then Startrek all the way!

Long Lived 2:
WHAT A GROUP!! Nandorins, Meuh, Weapon Masters, Hellfishes, Servants of the 13, Razhgul's Judgement; just incredible. This group is a total toss up but i think the Nandorins are the team to beat. Unfortunately for them though, Doomy Diggers are the team to beat them. Too bad the diggers have a tough path to advance. Nandorins win this group but your guess is as good as mine.

High CR 1:
An elf group...... Kupparna is favored at first glance but does not have the tacklers needed to compete. Group will turn out surprisingly bloody with Die Warp Maus winning.

High CR 2:
I think Excessivness is Mediocrity vs Purple and Green Stripes in the Final here. Purple wins a bloodbath (note: Purple will have LOTS of problems his first match seeing as he has 1 tackler. He does however have two blitzers about to skill up so the problem will be solved by the time he plays The Skaven in round 2).

High CR 3:
This group really belongs to the winner of the first round matchup between the knucklebreakers and SwordSpiders. Look for the Knucklebreakers to win this group.

All in all some heavy groups here. I personally want to spec all the games in Long Lived 2 and highly advise everyone else to do the same. These have been some of the most dominant teams over the last year and it would be a shame to miss the tactical display.

Peace,
__Synn Twisted Evil
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope to have something to say about Group 2!

Gotta admit I'm the underdog of the group, but I'm used to that role. The higher they are the further they fall. Well, that's another phrase butchered. Wink

Seriously though, if I can get past Schalburg and his Mjoelnir's Friends (which is not an impossible task) without SI or deaths (well, that's tougher) then it could well be a damaged Tuff Guyz who have a tough first game. If I get to a 2nd match, that's success in my book, so I won't humiliate myself further by speculating any more.
Borgen

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pulling for you Chainsaw and all the other Orks out there. I think I can handle the dark elves I was dealt in round 1, but my orcs aren't advanced enough to take on Diarmuid's Green Terrors (I just played him 2 days ago, actually) or Khorne's Fan Club. That looks to be the bloodiest match in our group. I'm hoping they are bloody enough that I can sneak by in round 2. Unfortunately, the blood falcons dont have anything too scary in their way and they'll be fully loaded for the final.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:

High CR 2:
I think Excessivness is Mediocrity vs Purple and Green Stripes in the Final here. Purple wins a bloodbath (note: Purple will have LOTS of problems his first match seeing as he has 1 tackler. He does however have two blitzers about to skill up so the problem will be solved by the time he plays The Skaven in round 2).
__Synn Twisted Evil

Though underated and underskilled, Monestary Manglers, will break the seeding and secure a quick exit for Excessivness. Iron man on all rats for the win!
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty good stuff Synn!

I agree with pretty much all the predictions.

As far as the diggers go, they are now a far weaker side then before I started to "warm them up" for the cup. In the space of a few games I lost 2 multiskilled dwarves and niggled my troll. This means that if meuh is out due to a virus, I will not have the bashing power that is needed to grind out a victory. Somewhere along the line I WILL get that virus, and when I do I get knocked out, simple as that.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I won't make predictions until I'm out or qualified. Very Happy
All I can say is that Nandorins seem to have a good gap over all other teams, and they are in the "lightest" half of Qualifier Group 1, so they will not be mangled enough to come back to Earth.
Note: my Hellfishes will. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn...you're goats carriere in High TR Qualifiers will stop at the very first match...although you won our last match 0-3...
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

would be cool if we could organise a non monetary swppestakes/betting thing going Very Happy
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

i put 5 $ on the hellfishes for a slim hope that they will beat the chaos team of our group Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I would gladly PAY €5 to play vs the Hellfishes in round 2, instead of those killer Chaos Razz

Disclaimer: That is on the outside chance that I actually play the second round Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

what about the swift applicant groups? most of them are half done, so it should be easier to predict =)

"Now that's an esophagous!"
tza

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Provided I can avoid such a beating that my skaven took, n3m3sYs will be getting tough game on his hands for sure;)
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I still don't know whether I'm going to face 140's ogres or 280'sh darkies with my snakes Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah.. would be cool if we could organize some betting - doesn`t have to be money.

Just a thread, where you can place a certain amount of points on the outcome of certain games.

@heinz:
Maybe my humans are thrown out of the tourney very quickly, but the chances are good, that you aren`t in a shape to win something after that - especially as you will blow your money on headsplinter this game - leaving you with only the matches winnings to lick your wounds.
albator2001

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate this team: "Fun with Goats".

This team only destroy opponents ...
 Jump to: