53 coaches online • Server time: 14:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Emberglow

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

yell-o!

it's a pain when ppl don't tell before the match if they've got some restrictions to the opponent's play style. i refer now to the trinity of fouling, sideline pushing and dealying TDs.

if you don't use these crude but oh so effective tactics, the opponent might use them against you anyway.

so my humblest request would be that: please, if you don't like some of the abovementioned methods, discuss it BEFORE the match. don't go stark raving mad during the game.

i personally will be requiring this bit of info before any game i'm gonna participate from now on.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 06:41
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

No, don't discuss it pre-match.

Any pre-game agreement on tactics is considered arranging games and as such it's against the rules. Keep your game tactics to yourself and let your reputation do the rest.

Excessive bad language or inapproriate behaviour due to bad luck / "excessive fouling" / whatever is not acceptable. If your opponent goes "stark raving mad" during the game, report the incident to the admins and we will contact the player in question. Repeated violation of this will result in team retirement, ranking reset and/or other consequences.

-- Christer
Emberglow

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

roger that. i'm glad i got this sorted out.
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm ...... "excessive" bad language. Well I came close on the double skulls but don't think the 3 "F" bombs and 2 "GDs" would be considered excessive in a typical NFL locker room. I could be wrong.

But seriously, do whatever it takes to win. And remember the golden rule, "Due unto others .....". If they don't like your tactics then they can jot your name down and not play you in the future.

It's human nature that some coaches are going to be peckers, and some are going to think you are a pecker. I was in a close game and in the 3rd turn of the 2nd half committed my first foul against a stud Chaos Dwarf Blocker with 4 str. After the kill, my opponent wrote "So much for a friendly game." He was pissed. But it was close game and I had an opportunity to take out a top player.

I'd expect the same from others. Coaches who don't want their guys to get hurt should stick to the ladder where they are resurrected for each game.

Later.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

It really depends on who your anger is directed at. I freak out all the time in games, but always make it clear I'm ranting at nuffle and realize my opponent has nothing to do with my dice rolls on a dbls skulls / rr/ dbl skulls Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2003 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Online gaming without flamewars?
How gay is that?

The opponent usually wins because he's a lucker, and a newbie and has no real life. 8]
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2003 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't been here long have ya Force?

We try to operate under a different standard here at fumbbl.

I really love how in your philosophy no one could possibly wind due to the fact that he's better than you.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2003 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

psikobunny wrote:
Haven't been here long have ya Force?

We try to operate under a different standard here at fumbbl.

I really love how in your philosophy no one could possibly wind due to the fact that he's better than you.

Dude, did you have your sarcasm detection gland removed at birth or something? Rolling Eyes
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2003 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I have this problem as well, sorta. I used to go into games with a 'neutral' attitude. I don't commit fouls unless my opponent commits a foul against me first. Following this method reaped terrible results. There may be no fouls at all, until opponent has a few guys by your star blitzer or runner.. and what seems like an innocent fouls turns into death.. suddenly you're scrambling to repay the vengeance, but the damage is already done.

How do you prepare for that? Of course not everyone does it.. however, I miss the old days when fouling was just part of the game and everyone accepted that. I wouldn't mind having my players die from fouling, so long as my opponents didn't go raving mad when I foul them the same way. On here I feel bad when I foul, like I'm commiting some evil ghastly sin. Yes, fouling is evil, but not everyone is doing it to kill, but for clutch KO's/BH's. Also, why is Piling On/RSC acceptable? Heck I barely see anyone talking about that. PO alone is vicious still. You don't have the chance to get ejected and with multiple PO's you can easily retire a team.

Bah.. from now on if opponent doesn't specify it's a non-fouling match ahead of time, I'll foul guilt free whenever the opportunity is there. And vice versa.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2003 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas - don't talk about wether it is a foul-free match or not before the game. No arranged games, so keep your plans for the match to yourself.

Regarding the PO/RSC thing - no I don't think it is acceptable and I refuse to play teams that are solely build around those skills. Look up some older discussions, the topic has been raised a lot.

-Mnemon
Force

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2003 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Some Cheese with your whine?

People who fear LRB fouling are a joke. Go ahead and play some 3rd Edition, then come back and reaslize LRB is Blood Bowl for kids and elderly people.
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2003 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't understand Mnemon, that's what I NEED to do now. Otherwise people whine when you do foul. I'm not telling my opponent that I will or will not foul, but I ask them what they want to do before it starts. Regardless of what you think or care I'll do that. Because there is nothing worse then the whining that later ensues.

That's how childish it is around here.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2003 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Force wrote:
Some Cheese with your whine?

People who fear LRB fouling are a joke. Go ahead and play some 3rd Edition, then come back and reaslize LRB is Blood Bowl for kids and elderly people.

So which are you?
You dont like lrb fouling then go play in the olbbl.
Force

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2003 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Zy-Nox, reading really helps.

I did not say I have a problem with fouling rules, but I do have a problem with people who whine about fouls with fouls already rendered close to impossible by LRB.

If you don't foul back then 50% of the opposing players get ejected when they keep on fouling. What do you want more crybaby's ? 8[

Its Blood Bowl after this ain't a sport for Elves or Girls...
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2003 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Force wrote:

Its Blood Bowl after this ain't a sport for Elves or Girls...

This is a very tired saying/arguement Force.
Most players dont have a problem with fouling now, as for whiners your doing a good job yourself.
Oh yes i did misread your first post, but still i think you need to go back to school and learn some manners.
Topic Locked
 Jump to: