36 coaches online • Server time: 15:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Santa

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Could someone please post the formula for strength-rating i would really like to see it.

Pretty Please with sugar top...
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

in a word no

its a secret
slackman

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2003 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

see, here's the thing i dont get. it is (assumedly) based roughly on jervis' cost formula for the players. but if that's the case, there should be little differentiation between strength and tr, as we're assuming the prices for the players reflect the number he came up w/ in his cost formula (heh, anyone catch that joke...) so really, it should only matter when players miss the game, or have stat decreases, as all those aging -s have more effect in the str calculation than if the player had orginally had the lower stat. so how exactly is this a useful number? a tr 180 orc team could conceivably have a str of 150 after 20 games. a tr 180 HE team could conveivably have a str much higher after playing maybe only 6 games or so. so the numbers would lead you to think it would be a fair match up, when in actuality there's no question who would win.

slackman42
Squaq

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2003 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

A little question about starplayers and ST-Rating! Does the actual SPP's a Starplayer have collected count as it would for a player trained i FUMBBL?

As I Recall, Morg has about 685 SPP's
does he count as the:
- +9 for freebooting him ?
- +18 for his original price?
- or +150 for his spp's and cost? (like a Fumbbl trained Ogre would)

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2003 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Squaq wrote:
A little question about starplayers and ST-Rating! Does the actual SPP's a Starplayer have collected count as it would for a player trained i FUMBBL?

As I Recall, Morg has about 685 SPP's
does he count as the:
- +9 for freebooting him ?
- +18 for his original price?
- or +150 for his spp's and cost? (like a Fumbbl trained Ogre would)

When I last used him, he added 15 points of Strength to my team, if that's of any help.

/Johan
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2003 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The str system works on number of skills, rather than spp. This is because it is designed to give a value of how strong the team is for it's next game, and as far as gameplay goes, spp do nothing for you until you get enough to add another skill.

The Finishing Touch
Artagas

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2003 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if a player with +st as skill and -st from inj is worth as much team st as the same player without skills (I think it definitely should, but I never had a +st/-st player to see if it really works like that).
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2003 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, they would cancel each other out.

The Finishing Touch
 Jump to: