15 coaches online • Server time: 05:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all!
You might have seen this already on the front page, but I thought why not post it in here, since some of you must have kept missing it, you know Smile

Brought you by Brutal Blood Bowl League. We, over in BBBL organizing a World Cup for 32 (Tournament) teams, I'd like to apologize to those that won't be able to join on time since spots are limited, but you will be welcome to join our next one or even our BBBL league in the next season.

WC page

Rules are very simple:
Create a new Division (T) team, BUT please use only official BB races, any non Open Div race will be rejected, come to our site and go to 'Join us' page, read the rules first then if you like them fill out the application and wait for our reply.
Thank you all very much for your time!
-BBBL/WC Commissioner

p.s I'll do my best to make sure that this tourney is the most convinient therefor if you have friends or ppl that live close to you tell them to join asap so i can put you all in the same division which would be the most convinient time zone wise.
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2003 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to let you all know that team placement in each table is based on 2 things: your team race and your time zone, reason?
Well, first since you want to prove the world that you are the best, you must prove it by playing the same style races your team is, secondly, where you are locatd is very important therefore you and someone living in your coutry or near it will be in the same div. so that you all can organize and play out your games as fast as humanly possible.
At the moment we need 14 more coaches.
Jump and and have fun.
Thanks!
-L-
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2003 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all!
Me again with another update:
I'd like to see races like:
Amazon
Goblin
DE
WE
HE
Norse
Lizardmen
Human
Chaos
and Orc
join us.
Currently we have many CDs and Undeads, but that's no biggie since you are going to have to try n go though each other you big meanies, the rest of agile teams will battle it out amongs themselfs as we go, for the most part only in the play offs will you see CD go agaist WE.
Right now recruiting is going very steady, but I'd like to see more above mentioned races. Don't be scared to play, have fun.
Thank you!
-L-
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2003 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see one more player from Australia to join in and we need 10 more coaches in general.
Thank you very much for being interested.
p.s. Also all of those that are already in please check on my 'WC BBBL' group invite, don't forget to join.
-L
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2003 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

One for the US division; haflings, skaven,skaven (all US time zones)
One for Austraila division; orc, we, we (+10 GMT)

Pick what div. you'd like to be in and hop in
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2003 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, we are finally rady to start I'll be e mailing all the coaches about it in a few hours.
Good luck all!
-L
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2003 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

We have begun, id like to thank all of those that entered, all of those that are still interested please stand by cause we might have a few folks drop out, you never know, we might need you.
yenlowan

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2003 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

hi heres a question

why in gods name is there a chaos dwarf and an orc team in my group with my woodelves and another woodelf team? if you re going to say that he's the only one for the timezone then you re full of shit. theres a human and a skaven team from the same timezone as the CD team.

lets look at the logic here. even if i do manage to win games against these teams i will have taken casualties which i wont be able to replace in the short time frame of 3 games while inflicting virtually none of my own. and assuming i make it to the main tourney i am expected to go up against the OTHER(read skilled up) bashing teams??

i realize that this competition is free and all but if you re not going to make it fair then why waste our time?

If thats the way you want to go then allow me and Flo77 to resubmit a team thats more suited for that enviroment.

or drop me from this farce and grats the CD on walk over to the tourney
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2003 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

im so sorry to hear that you take this silly game so seriously, i didnt make you join my tournament, i aksed ppl to join, perhaps if you not havin fun you should move onto doing something else.
Have fun!
yenlowan

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2003 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

gladly

btw the point is not whether or not we are taking things seriously

the point is when we submitted teams we were under the impression that we would be facing teams of similar capabilities and tailored our team rosters accordingly.

to be blindsided with this is simply not fun.

and to be fair i didnt just run out blindly accusing you.

i looked at the roster and you could have swapped the skaven team from Division D for the chaos dwarf easily.
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2003 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

surely, that couda been done hadnt i been asked by coaches about placing them with other on line/rl friends, look, your mailed me your application when ih laready had 24 coaches join this thing, i knew that things weren't going to be perfect, i knew that some of us'd get upset, frustrated, pissed and in your eyes and 30 other coaches im the one to blame for anything and everything WC related, sur i know how you feel, im almost in the same boat cause i have a game vs a norse player coming up having only 9 rats on the field and one with a st drop to 2, my goal is not to win this tournament, but to see if something as crazy as this would ever work, WC is different from the main league im runnig, sure some things are out of balnace, even in BBBL things are blah cause of the same problem, but hey, im not God so it'd highly unlikely for me to please each and everyone out there.
Just relax, there's always another tourney coming up, next WC or whetever you please to enter next time.
slackman

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2003 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

i nearly signed myself up when this was first posted, but after having a look at what teams were being placed together in divisions, esp after ensuring us all that bashy would be w/ bashy and agility would be w/ agility, im glad i didnt. i think that really is what yenlowan's problem is. you specifically stated like teams would be matched together, then you put his woodies up against chaos dwarves. its none of my business, its your league. but i dont think he was attacking you. just chill, till the next episode...

slackman42
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2003 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounded like an attack to me. Instead of bitching about who you have to play, you should be thanking him for taking the time and effort to create this tournament. And if you were a good coach, you would be salivating at the chance to run circles around your slower opening round opponents.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2003 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Mully!
I do understand the guy's frustration cause I have like 6 rats still operational Laughing Laughing Laughing at the moment and just to let you know I did bitch at my opponet last night cause he killed to , SI another, but hey, that helped him win and after all, I've jsut realized for myself that no one can be lucky all the time and my luck has been so damn terrible in the last like around 5 games where i won 1s, had 2 ties and 2 losses and all of that vs not so strong teams.
but hey anyway, nothing in the world is perfect so all of us need to realize it and move on asap.
Thanks though!
-Ludakk
Ludakk

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2003 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all!
Just thought that some of you might be interested in cehcking it out since many of you will be welcome whenever the 2nd BBBL WC tourney is all ready and set up.
We are currently in the 2nd round of play offs, the battle is crazy: #1 seed got kicked off right in the 1st round, there was a terrific come back tie by the Red Orc's Rage (by our rules the team with better TR moved on if their games end in a tie), there have been many, kills, deaths, fouls, casualties, td and for sure alot more to come, from 32 teams we are down 16, then 8 then 4, 2 and #1 will be announced and praized with all the glory and given respect.
You want to prove us you are the best?
Join us in the next tourney.
http://deloran777.tripod.com/worldwidebloodbowlleague/
 Jump to: