33 coaches online • Server time: 09:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mezir

Post 1 Posted: Oct 10, 2005 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It is once again time to try and revive the GLN. One issue in two years is just not enough, so it's up to everybody who is active in the community to try and bring something out for the site!

I have several names down of people who previously said they wished to help out. I will contact those in a week or so if they don't contact me first! If you have any questions about how you can contribute, or about what type of articles are needed, PM me on the site or find me in #GLN on irc.fumbbl.com.

We are looking for talented writers, artists and editors. We'll even take totally talentless ones who are willing to give it a lot of time and effort (hey, they made me editor, didn't they?).

The following article types are being sought:

News and Views:
  • Under the Bowl - interviews with the characters that make BloodBowl BloodBowl - refs, officials, salesmen, etc...
  • Interviews with Fumbbl characters
  • Rules Review/PBBL comments
  • Character stories
Team Tactics:
  • A particular team and how to use it
  • Elements of the game (fouling, crowdpushing)
Fumbbl Focus:
  • Match of the Week
  • Vocal Population - interviews with Fumbbl coaches on a particular issue
  • Discussion of recent changes to the site (cfr. addition of Faction)
  • Grum's Grudging Grumbles
  • Tournament Reports (SWL, etc)
  • Fumbbl Comic
Classfieds:
  • Advertisements
  • Personals
  • Obituaries
All other ideas related to the site will also be accepted! Anything that is original and well-written (or less so, that's what editors are for) will make the paper.

This is a community effort, I can try and get this thing on the road (with my faithful monkey... er... co-editor Candlejack by my side) but I will get nowhere if the community does not get involved!

Choose an article, any article, tell me you plan to write it and I'll give you a deadline and harass you ceaselessly until it's done. I can't write the whole Newspaper by myself. Smile

I hope that my inbox will soon be spammed under by people offering their aid. Make it happen. Very Happy

Last edited by Mezir on %b %15, %2006 - %11:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Mezir

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2006 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

NEEDED:

• Artwork - Almost anything will do, if you have some work (preferably individual pieces rather than galleries) or can work to comission, drop me a line.
  • Community Polling - Interviews with famous coaches, asking several well-known coaches their opinions on subjects close to people's hearts, stuff like that.
  • Short BB fiction - Have a story you want to write? Have in character fluff for your teams? Always wanted to make it big in Fumbbl?
  • Tournament reports - Running a tournament? Just won a tournament? Want to advertise? Gloat on your victory? Write a sparkly write-up and go for it.
  • Classifieds - Obituaries, advertisements, for sale notices - funny, striking or just plain silly stuff!
  • More - And anything else you can think of!

The Grotty Little Newspaper is looking for contributors! Do your part now for a vibrant community.

Contact me for more info, or if you feel like writing something. Deadline for articles is the 10th of September.

Last edited by Mezir on %b %27, %2006 - %12:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
EvilUpstart

Post   Posted: May 07, 2006 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Player trading cards?

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2006 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you use this for anything? I got bored waiting for a game and was reading the GLN.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2006 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

With my exams over and free time on my hands, I am now taking up GLN work again. I have several articles, but I need more!

A tentative deadline sees me taking in any and all articles (and artwork) submitted within the next two weeks (September 10th), with the issue appearing about one week after that (September 17th), giving me time for editing, formatting and last-minute submissions.

EvilUpstart, your artwork is very nice, I'd appreciate anything you have to offer. Smile

Remember:

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2006 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

as i cant even write a news post good enough to get accept, i doubt i can help much :/
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2006 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm perfectly willing to edit language and grammar issues (as long as they're not TOO horrible), but only if you don't mind seeing your article return in a form you hardly recognise (I tend to go overboard).

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2006 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunno if Its any use to you Mezir but while I cant write to save my and everyone else's life I work as a proofreader (believe it or not to look at my spelling in posts.) I'm happy enough to help with anything if you need me or nothing if you dont.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2006 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm currently more interested in actual articles, since proofreaders are far simpler to come by. When I need them, i.e. probably after September 10th, I'll give people a prod.

Thanks for the offer, though.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2006 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

MrB wrote:
Dunno if it<b>'</b>s any use to you<b>,</b> Mezir<b>,</b> but while I can<b>'</b>t write to save my and everyone else's life I work as a proofreader (believe it or not to look at my spelling in posts)<b>.</b> I'm happy enough to help with anything if you need me or nothing if you don<b>'</b>t.

Spelling is fine. Just the punctuation. Wink
the_bug

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2006 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

EvilUpstart wrote:
Player trading cards?

That is sooooo cool!
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2006 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Having got some major restructuring work done, with a whole new way of dealing with submitted articles, I'm going to have to change my mind about the proofreading thing.

I will be recruiting GLN Staff over the next few weeks. I'm hoping to assemble a lively and dedicated team that works together well, so we can start bringing out more GLN's, with high quality articles and artwork.

I will be recruiting in several positions:

Regular Contributor - If you contribute a lot of articles, you deserve to be on the staff and have an input in how each issue looks.
Dedicated Proofreader/Article Editor - I need people to make every article grammatically sound, with good spelling, as well as making sure they conform to the GLN house style.
HTML Monkey - I could use someone to add the requsite HTML tags to all the articles (although I really have three of those already)
Artist - I need artwork. Anything is appreciated, really, but if you feel you can contribute on a regular basis, and that you could make artwork to fit the articles you'll be able to see and read before publication, that makes you the perfect addition to the team.

Feel free to contact me.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Friendly bump. Smile

I've got some proofreaders now, and if they're as hard-working as they looked yesterday I don't need any new ones at this stage, but the other spots are still open.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to be a regular contributor.

Starting with a look at my Painasonic League Wink
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2006 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

i think its really cool that youre going to try to resurect the GLN again mez and i wish you all the luck in the world. the GLN is a big part of the comunity spirit on fumbbl and so deserves everyones support.
i genuinly wish i had enough time to make regular contributions but if i said i would id just feel bad the next time i go AWOL for a while. id like to submit the occasional article for your consideration though when i get the chance (and the insperation).