66 coaches online • Server time: 21:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Thin this is agood idea for the FUMBBL community? (Read it first!)
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 10 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I dont care. I just come here to play BB
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Just throwing this idea (well not an idea, its been done many times before!) out to the masses. This kind of thing is popular on Talkbloodbowl, the NAF and maybe another one Wink. I’m thinking this could be good for the community and would be a perfect idea for the GLN Smile

For those of you who have never heard of it this is how it works…

First we decide what race of team we should do, set up in a poll, but I’m guessing Orcs, Chaos, and Wood Elves would be a popular choice Wink

Secondly, we decide what colour scheme we can use for the team

Thirdly, we decide in the forum topic who wants to paint each mini; we would be aiming for a full roster and maybe some cheerleaders/coaches/apoths. You could paint a GW mini, or you could use a bit of greenstuff and do a bit of converting, or you could build a player from scratch!
We would have a deadline to adhere to and we would need to meet it. As we are painting, we can show in the forums how the work is progressing. Once we are all done, we decide randomly (or public vote, maybe) who wins and that person wins the team. It could be you! I’m guessing that each entrant sends their mini to the winner and they can take a group shot and show us how they all look. Or if it was feasible, each entrant could send them to me (how can I write that without making it sound like I’m trying to con you! Wink) and then I can send them to the winner, to help avoid someone painting a mini and then not sending it if they didn’t win! There are people like that!

Im all for boosting the community spirit here and this seems like a good plan to me. There are other alternatives. We could do a paintoff (again, been done before Smile) but we still decide what type of mini we want (secret weapon, star player, thrower…) and when the deadline is passed, the public can vote for what they think is the best paintjob. I’m not so sure what the prize would be.

But Ive just thought, can GW kick up a fuss about this, a competition using GW minis that we bought ourselves? Smile
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Brilliant! Wonderful! I can't paint, but... Brilliant! Wonderful!

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

How about (should there be sufficient interest) doing *two* teams, in competition with the painting being done head to head, perhaps (or not if that's too competitive), then have a game between the two to win the minis...?

Obviously, I have no idea how any details might be worked out, but more food for thought. Smile
DanTitan76

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Im in !!!
 Jump to: