73 coaches online • Server time: 21:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mezir

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2005 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The Grotty Little Newspaper is looking for talented and/or enthusiastic reporters.

Jobs we are looking to fill:
  • Match of the Month Reporter
  • Tournament Reporter
  • Community Poller
What it entails:

Match of the Month means you select a particularly well-played or otherwise spectacular match and write out a play-by-play. Use Jim & Bob style commentary or detailed post-match analysis or anything you can think of in order to create a readable and interesting match report for the community.

The Tournament Reporter sounds out the major Fumbbl background tournaments (not the Fumbbl Cup we already have someone doing that) such as the Southern Wastes League, the Orca Cola Cup Series, the Blutballas Cup and many more and gives updates on them. Preferably this means that the Tournament Reporter urges each major tournament commish to write a short blurb on status, upcoming events and recent important tourney results. Be as creative and original in finding a cohesive structure tieing these tournaments together as you wish.

The Community Poller takes an issue that is on the community's mind (any issue, say "Fouling: Part of the Game?") and interviews notable Fumbbl community members on their opinions in that matter.

If you have other ideas for articles or positions, or if you want to claim one of these spots, my PM inbox is awaiting your replies! Any help in any of these places will be much appreciated.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

All these positions are still open - nobody has contacted me about them yet.

Remember, I can be as enthusiastic and hard-working as I want, the GLN will not exist without your input! So please, please, write something, anything, and get it to me before the 30th of October. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey mezir im willing too give it a go I think I could make a pretty decent reporter too capture the essence that is bloodbowl. I think id be best at the match of the month job. I do quite a bit of jim and bob commentary on matches in fumbbl chat and its not too shabby.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2005 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

So now we have someone doing the Match of the Month/Featured Game article.

We are still looking for people up for the other two positions, as well as people who want to submit anything they feel is worthy of submission. Every submission is appreciated.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2005 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The dealine has been and past, and only a few coaches have come through and submitted anything at all, which I appreciate a lot. However, the gaps still existing in this GLN in progress are astounding and they really need filling up...

So please, if you feel create, write something and get it to me. Without your input, there will be no GLN.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2005 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I could give a try to FC Qualifiers Report, and continue it for the FC final stage if you think what I write is ok.

But I am not good at using anything except plain english, so I think I would plain suck as a reporter if you want some good fluff too.

Tell me what you think about my application.
Meanwhile I'll try to write something about the qualifiers, so that you can tell me if I can be of any help to your GLN project.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2005 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I think I could give a try to FC Qualifiers Report, and continue it for the FC final stage if you think what I write is ok.

AFK_Eagle has already written something along those lines, but if you want to pick a different tournament to report (Orca-Cola Cup, Blutballas, SWL, AnythingAtAll) feel free!

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2005 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I´ll give the job as Community Poller a go if you want me, Mez. Allthough i prefer writing my own opinion. So i might do that as well.

M

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2005 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't be so fast to shoot Jan down, Mezir. Sure, I wrote an over-all account of the FC qualifiers, but we can use a different route instead--say, a blow-by-blow from the perspective of a player on one of the competing teams. Just a bit of a fluff story...

...hmm, just might write one of those for myself, actually! Wink

There's always a strategy type article to talk about...just look at what topics have been covered before, and then choose a new one. A LOT of wide-open terrain for those types of articles!

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2008 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

If you think it got what it takes and that people will read about it, feel free to use my muppet adventures for the paper.
Might be suited for humor or comedy, but thats up to you to decide.
They get a new episode for every new game they get, so the more people playing them the more stuff i will have to write about.

Here is what they have so far

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=24904

The latest episode will always be posted in the team bio

P.S Feel free to say all you want about it, critics or recomendations can only make it better Smile

http://snigernissen.mybrute.com
 Jump to: