46 coaches online • Server time: 11:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CptnSnuggles

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2003 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey everybody... I've been playing bloodbowl for a long long time with my Orcs and I'd like to get a little more competitive in the tournament (non league) play. With that being said I don't have to worry about casulties or gathering star player points.

What are your thoughts on these three armies from the get go, and how do they stand up in a 6 game tournamnet like what's coming up in the Chaos Cup? The three I'm looking at are drastically different, I've been playing my orcs for a good deal of time. Three different teams... just need some help on performance in the non-league one off games (designed for tournaments).

1. Orcs
2. Lizardmen
3. Wood Elves.

Any input would be great.

Thanks,
Brian
slackman

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2003 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

as a rule, its rather difficult to succeed w/ elves in a tournament, simply because they're so expensive. if you know how to play them correctly, lizards can arguably be the best team there is. if you play orcs, just make sure you get a gobbo or two so you can actually score...

slackman42
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2003 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I use woodies in all NAF tournies.
with 11 players and 3rr they are fantastic(as teams reset after each game).
You do get stuffed if you op has a Dirty player and gets the ref, but thats just life.
Lizzies require some luck as they have a lack of skills( i will probably be trying them next)
Orcs seem a sensible choice as you already know what your doing with them =]

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2003 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

For Price and Skills Orcs would be the way to go, add on your experience with them and they are a sure choice.

I agree with Slackman on the elves, but I haven't played in any tourney's so my opinion is merely theoretical.

Lizzies can start with more meat on the the line than any team, but without block or surehands you are going to burn up RR's pretty quick. Like Chaos, this team develops into monsters but starts off slow. That slow start may make it rough in the Tourney environment.

Asperon Thorn
CptnSnuggles

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2003 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome... thx for the help, guys. So here's the next question. What are some tried and true starting line ups for a 6 game tournament (knowing that there are no star player points, and casulties reset).

I guess I'm narrowing it down to Wood Elves and the Orcs.
Longshot

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

well, i played, WE, HE and Goblins..

i loved them all.
next WE, i will be playing WE.
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2003 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Although not listed you really ought o look at Zons for a quick tournament. Why??
1) They are cheap so you can also buy more rerolls or an early Apoth.
2) They all start with dodge so a new team without many blocks will have to roll POW just to knock you down without suffering a turnover.
3) They can dodge away from STR teams and are no more frail that woodies.

Jump to: