51 coaches online • Server time: 14:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Karamazov

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2003 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Select LEAPer.
2. Select Blitz (move might work too) and run a bit.
3. Select LEAP.
4. Realize you only have 1 MA left. *doh*
5. Try clicking GFI. It's greyed out.
6. De-select LEAP and try GFI. Nope.
7. Whine endlessly. Smile
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2003 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

This isn't a bug, rather it is a way that the game is written. GFI never enables until you reach 0 MA. Also, in the game you cannot LEAP while GFI. There were to many problems with getting it to work the way the game in structured. Using GFI causes the same type of problems with frenzy. In this situation, if you use that last movement point as a normal move, then GFI will enable.

Now, my thoughts on GFI and LEAP. (Note: This isn't the reason I disallow leaps on GFI, it is a programming nightmare issue.) When using GFI you are pushing yourself as hard as you can to cover just a little more ground. You are pushing yourself so hard you might just overdo it and fall down, possible injuring yourself. Can you really jump over someone while doing that? If you can, can you do it as an unmodified leap? I don't think so. Anyway, it is a moot point. Smile
sceadeau

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2003 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

From a coding standpoint, it seems like it shouldn't be that hard...granted, I don't have the source in front of me, but the logic is fairly straightforward.

Change leap from using 2 mv straight up to "if move > 2, do normal leap, else, do Movementcheck"

Movement check: if move < 0, NOLEAP. If move = 0, do two modified function GFI rolls (don't use your GFi function..i'm sure it doesn't work like that) and set GFI to 2 (or whatever flag you use to check GFI movement left)

If mv = 1, do a single modifiend function GFI roll, and set GFI flag to 1 (or, if you don't do GFI like that, just write it's own piece of code for finishing up the move, and grey out the GFI button.)

It seems as though the coding behind this wouldn't be too much, and you can stop calling it a "feature" Smile

Sceadeau
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2003 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Can of worms.

Simple concept, but it is hard to make a square peg fit in a round hole.
 Jump to: