25 coaches online • Server time: 07:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mezir

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The GLN is once more taking obituaries for recently deceased players, or valedictories for the recently retired.

Have a player you'd like to see lauded there? Write a short blurb and post it here, or in a new topic. If you post before Sunday of this week (yes, that's only three days, I know...) the player will be in the obituaries section of the upcoming GLN issue.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=1506343 I still can't remember the HTML thing. Kevin was the greatest human player I ever had. He still ranks on the Top Blockers all time all division, and was cruising up the active ranked Scorers (both for Human Throwers), he surprised and frightened many an opponent. A wonderful man.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd already added him to my work in progress obtiuaries file. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile Good to know someone cares. Good old Mezir, what a guy!

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=1560693
August the 6th was a black day for all woodelfs as Mukhael Cloudstrife star Wardancer of For the Grace of Wood D.M.U, died on the field after a block in a game against the dwarven team Reportoire. Mukhael is probably most famous for his games during the GLTqualifiers where he during the semi finalö humiliated a chaos dwarf team by scoring 4 touchdowns and a casuality and in the finals where he made an interception and scored a touchdown that selaed the deal for the grace.
Mukhael, you will be missed, but atleast yoiu died doing what you like most, hunting dwarf.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The recent death of Greylar struck the Underdark Nightmares hard. Greylar was still young in years and certainly not the most experienced Dark Elf thrower. But she already gained incredible skills, apart from Safe Throw these were Strong Arm and Nerves of Steel this early in her carreer. She had the talents to become one of the best Dark Elf trowers in history.
Her full enthusiams showed in the finals match of the Fumbbl Cup IV SA Qualifier III. The Underdark Nightmares won gainst Csontis Orc team Tough Enough and Rough Enough, with Greylar not only doing two completions, but also seriously injuring an agile Orcish player. It was one game later, a game that was played to prepare the team for the Fumbbl Cup, when a Chaos Warrior of the Tukker Terror Team II blocked her so hard that even the skills of the teams apo couldn´t safe her any more.
Greylar, we do miss you. May your spirit stay with the team.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Stefano, the greatest Hellfishes player to ever set foot on the pitch, was a true asset to the team. He was retired just after reaching the Legend status and being awarded the Legion of Merit right from the hands of the Hellfishes head-coach. Too many battles, too many hits taken, he knew he could not give his 100% for the team anymore.
Stefano still stands 5th in the All Times All Divisions Top Ten for Human blockers with an amazing "50 casualties in 87 games" record.
He was awarded every single medal except the Purple Heart, meaning that he was NEVER injured on the pitch to such a degree that the apothecary had to be used on him. No one could ever lower his stats, and the guy was simply immortal.

No other Hellfish ever reached such heights.
Thrower Alessandro is following his steps and is currently a flawless Megastar and the best active human thrower around (3rd of all times and all divisions). May Nuffle bless him in his race to Legendom.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Having recently played his 100th game for the Skruffneks, http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=692561 Mhuk the team captain and last of the old boyz was looking forward to the game against Chaotic Harmony.

Having gained 142 SPP's which included 12 MVP awards, whilst remaining uninjured, he was a crowd favorite. Late in the first half, Mhuk took it upon himself to hold the flank, helping to ward off the risk of the Chaos team scoring back. However, Hans Holzl the Chaos team Minotaur saw his chance, and in a frenzied effort promptly pushed Mhuk into the crowd. The Chaos fans took this as being a good time to grab a memento from the game, and indeed of a 100 game player in action, and left the game with various things, most of which were once part of Mhuk's body.

As for Hans Holzl the Minotaur, there is every chance the Skruffneks fans caught up with him, as last he was seen he was limping quite badly, swearing never to go near another Blood Bowl stadium, saying he loved Blood and Gore, but those fans are something else!

Fludgop Who has taken over team captaincy, was asked to comment on Mhuk and summed it up with "e woz Ard!"
 Jump to: