26 coaches online • Server time: 08:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
nachtmeister

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Damn, if I ever had a thrower like that, I'd keep going! What a waste...

But from a field originally dominated by orcs and chaos, we now have 3 of the 4 semi-finalists determined...and all 3 are elves of different flavors. If the Underdark Nightmares can get past the cd's, it'll be all elves from here out...(which probably means losing the interest of half of fumbbl...)

that's the problem with elves - you can beat 'em to hell - but they still can score nearly outof any position
lauth81

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Any word on the date for the last quarterfinal?

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to make sure that I did not set myself to HURT malthor, but BEAT him. I didn't succeed, but I have to say that the entire look at us elves being superior and bashers be bad thing is milked to it's complete.

Elves simply play a better ballgame, and require LESS skill (yes you heard it) to play effectively than bashers. Keeping a cage intact when your opposing elf coach can dent it and grab the ball on every loose opportunity requires Bashers to anticipate more.

I've played both sides and actually dislike elves for being TOO easy to win with.

Mock me and flame me if you like. But my high elves (current project) will once again prove to me that elves are too easy to win with...

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

lauth81 wrote:

We have arranged to play tonight, starting at 19:30 BB-time.
Csonti

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

DreadClaw wrote:

I've played both sides and actually dislike elves for being TOO easy to win with.

Agreed. No question about that. Especially combined with the power of a wizard.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

DreadClaw wrote:
I'd like to make sure that I did not set myself to HURT malthor, but BEAT him. I didn't succeed, but I have to say that the entire look at us elves being superior and bashers be bad thing is milked to it's complete.

Elves simply play a better ballgame, and require LESS skill (yes you heard it) to play effectively than bashers. Keeping a cage intact when your opposing elf coach can dent it and grab the ball on every loose opportunity requires Bashers to anticipate more.

Mock me and flame me if you like. But my high elves (current project) will once again prove to me that elves are too easy to win with...

That's no news dude.

Speedy/Agile teams are too easy to win with but a nightmare in terms of team management.

Tough/Armored teams are more difficult to win with but they require less to none team management to stay in good shape at any TR.

Humans just plain suck at both reliability AND durability. Very Happy

Coach humans I say!

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

yea i like my humens but they do seem kinda weak when the tr/ts gets above 200 :/
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, edit the progression list from AFK_Eagle's first post to include only bashers. It's fairly interesting.

Round 1

Races:
8 Orc
4 Chaos
1 Chaos Dwarf
1 Dwarf
1 Khemri
1 Undead

(16/32) 50% bashers

Round 2

Races:

4 Orc
1 Chaos Dwarf
1 Dwarf

(6/16) 37.5% bashers

Round 3:

Races:

1 Chaos Dwarf

(1/ 8) 12.5% bashers

Personally, I was surprised and disappointed by how quickly all the orc teams were eliminated.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I ask to the Admins that all players who do not allow spectators in their Cup games have their rights to win the Spectators Award denied.

Cup games should have spectators enforced. Sad

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

aye
Arcon

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
lauth81 wrote:

We have arranged to play tonight, starting at 19:30 BB-time.

The game will probably start a bit later. As it seems the Chaos Dwarf need to go through some game tactics...
Hu? Tactics?
Laughing Laughing
celas

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it is hard to keep your coach rating high if you do not keep starting new teams. Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Settings for the match were 100 specs.

The proxy went down about 5 turns in and we could not reload the game using proxy. I set up an ip game after messing with the firewall. 8085 was allowed, hence some specs got in to read the text.

I don't know what the problem is with reloads where the spec does not see the field/players. I know it has happened to me as the spectator when a game drops out and the coach tells me the proxy to connect to (cos the game is no longer listed on Games).

So sorry those specs who could not watch, it was a technical problem of some sort rather than locking people out.

Prior to the proxy dropout, I was advertising the game in main chat to get more peeps in!

still disliked all round!
Colin

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2005 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

What an easy ride Malthor is getting! 200k winnings in his last two games...

Compare that to the last QF, which the Underdark Nightmares won (great 2nd TD) despite every attempt by the Mandinka Tribe to kill them (with rather less emphasis on actually, you know, saving the game when they did go behind). They're not in great shape for their SF with Nandorins, who look very strong.