50 coaches online • Server time: 20:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

When I started on this site - there was alot of things I did not know. The help I found in my national irc-channel (danish) was amazing. It is easier to help people in their own tongue with problems. And it´s often more fun talking in the natiional channel than in #fumbbl - or at least different/adding to the fun of "the fumbbl experience".

Most newcommers do not know that most countries have national Irc-channels. So I think it would be great if we updated the list on the user guide

http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=IRCChannels

There is no [b]norwegian
(to my knowledge) so since i´ve lived with a norwegian in 8 years - I have started one at #Fumbbl.no
irc://irc.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.NO

Hope people will support this effort too make it easier for newcomers (and others) to find help and chat in their native langue

Ps have edited this post after mithrilpoint ´s post - so yes he did make alot of sense Very Happy

Last edited by Thomcat on Nov 09, 2005 - 17:12; edited 2 times in total
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah...or one could turn to the mighty user guide for help...maybe the page needs updating.

http://fumbbl.com/help:IRCChannels

Mighty powerful the user guide is!

M

Edit: the user guide page was last updated october 29th.....so it probebly doesn´t need updating.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Mithrilpoint wrote:
Yeah...or one could turn to the mighty user guide for help...maybe the page needs updating.

http://fumbbl.com/help:IRCChannels

Mighty powerful the user guide is!

M

Hehe skeloboy slapped me with that even faster than you Smile

But there is only 5 countries on it - there has to be more national channels than that - so lets use this thread to update the guide then (was what i intended from start - just didn´t know there actually where a list already hehe)

Adding:

Italian channel Fumbbl.ita

and then i would say that #svenskaligan is the swedish channel Smile

Last edited by Thomcat on Nov 09, 2005 - 17:27; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a Canadian channel? I'd love to communicate with people who actually know who Rick Mercer is.......

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Is there a Canadian channel? I'd love to communicate with people who actually know who Rick Mercer is.......

not that i can find with irc search for channels with more than 2 ppl in - so make one and add it Smile

and yes your reason is precisely what makes national channels so great - that ppl can talk about everyday stuff and get a friendship. when im online and a dane from #fumbbl.dk is playing (and that is almost always hehe) other ppl from the channel join as spectators and /boos Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Start a channel? You gotta be nuts! I'm Macavity, I don't do anything that takes effort or responsibility. Heck, I don't even offer games, I wait for offers. Wink