9 coaches online • Server time: 06:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lamby16

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT: the first season will be only 8 teams - to see how it goes! get signing up people!

EDIT 2: Only One More Team Needed to start the season!

Hi!

I'm creating a new group, the Tortley's Super League (loosley based on a popular sport here in England lol) for Human teams to compete to be the best. This will be my first time running a tournament, but i really like the idea behind it and want to give it a go.

go to http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2917 and have a looksie!

any suggestions about anything missing or any info thats needs adding will be appreciated.

Hopefully this will be succesfull and we can have fun!

EDIT: I was thinking of only having humans - this way its the skill of the coach not the players thats important, but should i expand that to incluide Amazon and Norse to??

Last edited by lamby16 on %b %14, %2005 - %13:%Nov; edited 4 times in total
Curro

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

6 teams playing playoffs? 4 or 8 is better, isn´t it?
Anyway, good luck with your group lamby16!
lamby16

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Curro wrote:
6 teams playing playoffs? 4 or 8 is better, isn´t it?
Anyway, good luck with your group lamby16!

Yeah, that's easier, but in proper super leage there's 6 so i wanted to keep it authentic - i might change it though to keep it simple

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I'm not familiar with the sport you are basing this off of, but I do have a few suggestions, or maybe just warnings...

1. All Human Leagues have been attempted before, for whatever reason they don't seem to last. I've played in two of them and neither one finished the season.

2. An 11 round tournament has almost 0% chance of finishing as coaches that lose badly early have no incentive to be the punching bag of the rest. This is just my opinion, but I've seen it often enough for it to be an educated opinion.

I would say shorten up the beginning round-robin, expand to multiple divisons if necessary to limit the amount of rounds (SEE UMT for ideas)

Good Luck! And take nothing personally, coaches will quit for no reason at all, just move on when that happens.

Da_Todfatha
Firesky

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

hi,

is this going to be a private league? Where and how can a player join?
Furthermore: are wizards, big guys, star players permitted or not? What about replacing teams? Forfeits? Time limits?

Good luck
Firesky
AlanHasek

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey lamby, i'll help you run this if you like m8, i was trying to do a league myself.

Alan
lamby16

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:
Well I'm not familiar with the sport you are basing this off of, but I do have a few suggestions, or maybe just warnings...

1. All Human Leagues have been attempted before, for whatever reason they don't seem to last. I've played in two of them and neither one finished the season.

2. An 11 round tournament has almost 0% chance of finishing as coaches that lose badly early have no incentive to be the punching bag of the rest. This is just my opinion, but I've seen it often enough for it to be an educated opinion.

I would say shorten up the beginning round-robin, expand to multiple divisons if necessary to limit the amount of rounds (SEE UMT for ideas)

Good Luck! And take nothing personally, coaches will quit for no reason at all, just move on when that happens.

Da_Todfatha

I'll address these points in order:

1. Hopefully this one will work my favourite sport is Rugby League and this is emulating out current system. I might expand it to Zons an Norse to keep it a bit more interesting.

2.Thats how its played in RL but i'll have a think about changing it - i'm thinking of making 2 divisions with promotion/relegation.

anyways, this is a first attempt - and as we all know not much works without a Re-Roll!!

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Firesky wrote:
hi,

is this going to be a private league? Where and how can a player join?
Furthermore: are wizards, big guys, star players permitted or not? What about replacing teams? Forfeits? Time limits?

Good luck
Firesky

This is a public league, anyone can join as long as their up for playing all the games. Wizards = NO Big Guys = YES I'm not sure about stars, but i wouldnt see why not, replacing teams - erm, i'd say if you replaced your team you would lose all points gained so far. Forefits for not playing no points for the round in the season, lose the match in the Knock Out. Time limits are a game a week.

I'll put all this in my group page:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2917

Last edited by lamby16 on %b %10, %2005 - %16:%Nov; edited 3 times in total
lamby16

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

AlanHasek wrote:
Hey lamby, i'll help you run this if you like m8, i was trying to do a league myself.

Alan

Sounds Cool - shouldnt need much running but any help is appreciated!

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

how about this, two human leagues, two amazon Leagues, and two norse leagues, or even just one of each. and then the big finish being the top 4 teams of each league in the Supercup playoffs.

First round straight knockout, 2nd round best of 3 and the final best of 5?

Alan (probably stupid ideas i know)
fosthefish

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

u no im good for it, just need to make a team...
lamby16

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

AlanHasek wrote:
how about this, two human leagues, two amazon Leagues, and two norse leagues, or even just one of each. and then the big finish being the top 4 teams of each league in the Supercup playoffs.

First round straight knockout, 2nd round best of 3 and the final best of 5?

Alan (probably stupid ideas i know)

Ooooh I do like the idea of this SuperCup Play off!

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

fosthefish wrote:
u no im good for it, just need to make a team...

Awesome!

My Altdorf furies are gonna rule!

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

lamby meet me in chat if you want to bash oout some way of doing the different race leagues and play off

Alan
lamby16

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

AlanHasek wrote:
lamby meet me in chat if you want to bash oout some way of doing the different race leagues and play off

Alan

hehe, I'm currently Skiving off at work at the moment and my pesky Firewall wont let me access the Chat server - I'm gonna be around later on tonight 6-7 and I'm on most nights anyways so I'll catch you whenever