46 coaches online • Server time: 20:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Maskull

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2006 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone else noticing problems with the 8.6 beta mac client? I can't connect to the 8082 proxy, however 8081 does work. I have to launch and configure the client manually because the web link 'play team' forces 8082 even if 8081 is selected. Finally, in the last game I tried, as host, we had connection drops and finally an unplayable sync issue. The ball icon hovered over the player with the ball, who could not be selected. This plus other assorted oddities - refusing an 8.6 client and reporting it to be 8.5 was one. This is os x 10.4.6, safari, java version "1.5.0_06".
Erik_E

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2007 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a trouble with javabowl 8.7 that i wonder if someone knows how to deal with:

The thing is that that when i try to start up a game through the fumbbl page i get directly to the demo-game with gouched eye and reikland.
like if it would jump over the part where i choose what team to play with and who to play with
what should i do ?

same trouble on macbook and pc
pac

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2007 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Erik_E wrote:
The thing is that that when i try to start up a game through the fumbbl page i get directly to the demo-game with gouched eye and reikland.
like if it would jump over the part where i choose what team to play with and who to play with
what should i do ?

same trouble on macbook and pc

I'm not sure. If you've got the same problem on both Mac and PC though, then it's probably a JavaBB problem, and not a Mac-specific one, so I would suggest you make a new thread asking the question - non-Mac-users who know the answer may not check here. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2007 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
keggiemckill wrote:
The mac problem I have is Macavity.

Tell me about it: when I was compiling this list I was forum-searching - naturally - for 'Mac'. Imagine how many Macavity-related threads I had to sort through …

I'm guessing 45, do I get a cookie?!?!

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2007 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
pac wrote:
Tell me about it: when I was compiling this list I was forum-searching - naturally - for 'Mac'. Imagine how many Macavity-related threads I had to sort through …

I'm guessing 45, do I get a cookie?!?!

I asked for imagination, not guesswork!!

(But yes. Smile)

Last edited by pac on Mar 08, 2008 - 02:59; edited 2 times in total
SnorriNosebiter

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2007 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Is any one else having problems with the new Java BB 8.8a and 8.8b?

I've downloaded the full 8.8a version and followed badmrmojo's instructions for installing both that and the 8.8b patch but can't get the program to work.
I've replaced the 8.8a Java BB version with 8.8b but whenever I try to connect to a game the program always runs 8.8a and immediately crashes.
It'll let me spectate no probs, just won't connect to a game at all.
I've tried replacing the Java BB Directory with 8.8b but then BB won't run at all.
I've tried with a fresh install and replaced 8.8a with 8.8b and deleted the 8.8a file, yet it still boots up the 8.8a version whenever I try to connect to a game.
This is driving me insane, any help anyone could offer would be much appreciated ( aside from smart ass quips about getting a pc which a.) aren't funny and b.) is never going to happen as they are rubbish).
pac

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2007 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, Snorri. I had the same problem yesterday, but was too busy to note it here. I think there may be something wrong with the patch BMM posted. (My best guess is that the .jar needs to be replaced, and isn't.)

Anyway, you don't actually need his .app version for the client to work. Just download the windows version (don't bother with the .exe, that's no use) from SkiJunkie's site. That should work fine.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2008 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Conversation is a good free Mac OSX IRC client
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2008 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Better than X-Chat?
ero

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2008 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I´ve found a problem with ÅÄÖ in your teamname!

i.e my teamname is "Pjäxan i pannrummet", bbowl.jar is expecting the game save-files to be named Pj?_vsXXXX.inc, but the game saves my games as Pj__vsBeer.inc!

This gives me trubble when I´m joining an interupted game again! I can easily work around this by rename the file, but if the game gets interupted again and I miss to rename the new Pj__vsBeer.inc to Pj?_vsBeer.inc the game gets all messed up!

Do someone know how to fix this? One way is to ban ÅÄÖ in the begining of teamnames I guess, but that shouldnt be the solution Razz

Got newest software of everything!
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2009 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I recently updated to the latest version of Java in my MacOS.

However, instead of opening "Spectate" links, and Game Launcher launching games, the small bbowl.jnlp and JBBReplay.jnlp files with information of server/port/proxy/roster gets opened in the Reader application.

I've tried to set the .jnlp files to always open with the bbowl.jar (couldn't select it), and JavaBBowl_8_9 without luck.

How can I change back to how it was before the update -- with game launcher and spectate links working automatically and seamlessly.

Thank you for administering this thread, Pac.
steveoath

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2010 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone having trouble downloading the mac javabb recently? Website is down Sad hopefully only temporarily.

Steve

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2010 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry about that. It's probably down semi-permanently. My aging drupal site was woefully out of date and I've got other stuff I want to try instead. I'll leave the instructions live, but probably won't be hosting it any more.

What I will do, however, is post the instructions and a few notes. The most important of those notes is that if you use the play link, then it doesn't actually do anything anyway. The .jnlp written by Christer automatically opens the .jar file. The mac version only works if you choose to use it by opening it up as an application and then filling in your information.

That's actually a really, really good thing. Nobody really needs it. If you have been playing on FUMBBL using the play link, then it's a non-issue because you were never even using it in the first place.

I'll dig up the instructions and post them here a bit later, in case anyone's interested.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2010 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if this is an issue... but I don't like Macs :/

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2010 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
Sorry about that. It's probably down semi-permanently. My aging drupal site was woefully out of date and I've got other stuff I want to try instead. I'll leave the instructions live, but probably won't be hosting it any more.

What I will do, however, is post the instructions and a few notes. The most important of those notes is that if you use the play link, then it doesn't actually do anything anyway. The .jnlp written by Christer automatically opens the .jar file. The mac version only works if you choose to use it by opening it up as an application and then filling in your information.

That's actually a really, really good thing. Nobody really needs it. If you have been playing on FUMBBL using the play link, then it's a non-issue because you were never even using it in the first place.

I'll dig up the instructions and post them here a bit later, in case anyone's interested.

My PC died and I switched to MAC so I don't have the javabb software. Can you post what I need to download please?

Many thanks,
Steve