42 coaches online • Server time: 18:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Retro21

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2013 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a thread to talk about all thing video games - what are you playing, what are you looking forward to etc.

Anyone play the Last of Us on ps3? I haven't really touched the story but am loving online, bit more tactical than most fps games.

Also, anyone going for xbox over the ps4? Microsoft really shot themselves in the foot with some of their decisions I thought, and the u-turn was pretty embarrassing for them!

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2013 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

It's likely that we'll be going Xbox when our 360 dies and the prices drop to reasonable levels. But we use it more as a media center and have a sizable collection on Xbox Video so that's the one major sticking point for us.

It's kind of sad that the media center properties are more important than the games for me now. I must be old.
Retro21

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2013 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah I play less games these days as well, think once you see most of the tricks done once it can all get a bit samey. Mind you, did plough a lot of hours into Skyrim, which was fantastic.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2013 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you check my thread which was slightly similar?

As for me, I guess I'm an xbox360 player. I have been with xbox for a long time. Because of the Forza Motorsport games rather than the consoles.

However this will be it for me, I'll never buy another xbox again. I've had to buy 7 360 consoles, several controllers, a couple of headsets 2 hard drives, and replace a few discs as well. I've found their support worse than anything I've experienced, and they make their subscriptions extremely hard to turn off, to take more money off of you.

I no longer play Forza, so there's nothing keeping me with this piece of trash.

Right now though I'm playing black ops 2 zombies and some halo 4. My swan song for the console, thank nuffle.
Retro21

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2013 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought yours was just about achievements! Yeah this is my third ps3 over eight years, not too bad I suppose but still a little disappointing. I've read of complaints similar to yours a fair few times on reddit, have never gone to microsoft and doubt I will now!

Halo was meant to be brilliant, I do miss that we can't play that.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2013 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

We're still on our first PS3

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2013 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

are you? Damn, lucky man! How many hours have you put into it? I've probably played 2,500+ on mine.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2013 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I've only had one 360 so I guess we're the exception
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2013 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

baelnic wrote:
I've only had one 360 so I guess we're the exception

Later 360s are fine. It's the earlier ones that aren't. What's more there such a pain about replacing them, it's just not worth it.

I bought the largest hard drive for the 360, which doesn't fit the newer ones. So unless I wanted to replace as well that (which costs as much as a 360) I was stuck with the older design.

Funny thing is, in the end that hard drive broke too.....
the.tok

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2013 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Currently playing a lot of Magic 2014 DotP on PS3. I pretty much stop BB each time a new one is released. I used to love Magic, but now, getting older, buying cards at 20€ each isn't something I wanna do, so the format suits my needs Wink

I'm still with my first PS3, but my wii on the other hand... The disc drive failed once at a desastrous timing (SSBB day one, my nightmare came true...) and one the second one I got had the same problem few years later. That's when I decided to play it dirty and hook a HDD to be able to play games I own Sad
I'm really mad about this gen consoles. They were the least reliable ever. My gamecube still works, so does my dreamcast, N64... up to the NES. In the good old days... *insert old man rantings here*

About the next console, the only one I'm sure I'll buy is the WiiU because... well, there's smash bros and the nintendo fanboy is still in me Wink

I'll probably get a PS4 eventually, but there is currently no game I wanna play in either Xbox One or PS4 lineup, so I'm in a "wait and see" stance. If no exclusive shows up, then I'll buy a PS4 when street fighter 5/MvC4 is released

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2013 - 04:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished The Last of Us. Without spoilers it is hard to go into it but one of the best games I've played in the last few years: immersive, survival horror so well done that the ending has left me, well, as a friend put it "I just want to sit with someone I love and be quiet for a few hours". Amazing.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2013 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I stopped gaming after diablo II... well not really true (but almost!), I tried a few gems out of the pile (SotC, Zelda for wii, kingdom hearts 2). Games today aren't what they used to be.

want to try journey though, and last guardian.
 Jump to: