26 coaches online • Server time: 08:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Flix

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Ya Conceded in a Cup is very /boo
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Why? about 75% of the teams in the tourney already have enough of a starting treasure chest to freeboot morg/ripper almost every game and add in a wizard for the tough matches- dont think another 30k will matter that much.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2005 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Why is conceeding /boo ??

Because you can always get REALLY lucky. My own DE started the Ulthuan Invitational with lowest TR and only 11 fit players and 5 niggles. What had slick to lose? At most an hour, but if he pulled this victory, he would have been remembered.
tautology

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2005 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Why is conceeding /boo ??

Because you can always get REALLY lucky. My own DE started the Ulthuan Invitational with lowest TR and only 11 fit players and 5 niggles. What had slick to lose? At most an hour, but if he pulled this victory, he would have been remembered.

I don't think that I have ever conceded a game myself, but.... Slick was down to 3 elves on the field when he conceded on turn 10 or so(already down 1-0 and with the dwarves possessing the ball). Perhaps against a total scrub opponent one might hope for a miracle, but Gamenutter was not going to let him have even the slightest chance to get the ball so I don't think that there's any shame in concession in this case. As Gerbil points out, money was not an issue so it may have been better to concede rather than let the dwarves get a touchdown wherever they wanted it (perhaps 2) along with more potential casualty spps.
The fact is that Slick needed a complete and utter miracle to win this one, and the time for that had already come and gone.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic, conceding was lame.

Only 1 RIP.
1 Miss game
2 BH
Plenty of players.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

and btw

Boo Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Conceding is just unbelieavable, we need an explanation!

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Falcons are through to the finals after Power of Grayskull conceded shortly into the second half.

A second Blitz in a row looked like it was going to give the Falcons a 4-2 lead and so PMG decided to go have his birthday dinner instead. He told me pre-match that he was going to retire the team after the match if he didn't win anyway as he was starting a new WE team.

Guess he didn't want to play on for another 40 minutes or so and chose to do something more enjoyable.

still disliked all round!
Menikmati

Post 8 Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

BOO

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Weak, very weak, im getting really tired of watching, what i thought was great coaches, conceede cupgames, just becaus the game isnt going their way.

But happy Birthday PMG; u guys should def have played this game another day, if that facot rwas what caused u to conceede.
dadoz

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:
Weak, very weak, im getting really tired of watching, what i thought was great coaches, conceede cupgames, just becaus the game isnt going their way.

I can only agree. I find it really REALLY really boring. Maybe im just overreacting because i couldn't specc the game, maybe..

Edit: I added another "really", just because.

Last edited by dadoz on %b %13, %2005 - %19:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Sinner

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:

But happy Birthday PMG; u guys should def have played this game another day, if that facot rwas what caused u to conceede.

Watch the games I played in replay. I might not be fumbbls brightest lad, but I put up a good fight till I dropped out in quarter final

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I just noticed... another concession against malthor... well, before I would have conceeded I would have fouled till I had no players left...

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Then again, you're Sinner.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

bah another conceed Sad and score was 2-3 !!!
 Jump to: