44 coaches online • Server time: 12:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BigMac

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hoi.

For the BBB project, i need ideas. Subject are Undead, Khemri, Necromantic".

First of all Khemri will be something like "Line-ra, Thro-ra, Blitz-ra, Block-ra". Something like that, if i even let them make it into BBB rules...
So Khemri aside, i want to adress Undead/Necromantic.

For me, fluffwise (not official GW fluff but my fantasy feeling), Undead are DEAD. (But somehow they walk around because of magic and because dead does not necessarily mean you cant walk around in fantasy worlds.
Necromantic are RISEN FROM THE DEAD. Which means they are not completely decomposed or have been killed and somehow revived but are ccursed because of that...

So, Undead: Skeleton Lineman, Wight Blitzer, GHOUL Runner. Mummy Blocker. I want to REMOVE the ghoul from them, since for me a ghoul is more of a necromantic dude.Question: do you have an idea for a ghoul like player, that is more of a Skeleton/Ghost/Wraith guy?

Next, Necromantic: Zombie Lineman, Ghoul Runner, Flesh Golem Blocker, Werewolf Blitzer, all perfectly fitting the "Raised from the dead theme" in my book. Does anyone disagree?

OK i case you are confused now:

I need a POSITION (Miniature! Portrait, Icon!) for a Undead RUNNER that is something like 7|3|3|7 Regenerate, Dodge 90 gp. Or, alternatively, a totally diffrent character that would fit to the Undead Team.

Last edited by BigMac on %b %31, %2005 - %15:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Wraith is your best bet.

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Fellow Mac i was editing while you posted sorry.

Do you have a Wraith for me? Stats, Portrait, Icon? Any Wraith in former Blood Bowl Editions?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:

Next, Necromantic: Zombie Lineman, Ghoul Runner, Flesh Golem Blocker, Werewolf Blitzer, all perfectly fitting the "Raised from the dead theme" in my book. Does anyone disagree?

actually i dont know the backgroundstory for werewolves, but i was always wondering what they would have to do with someone who rises killed people from death... werewolves are not even dead... just deseased humans.. actuallly i got the impression that this necromancer stuff was exactly the idea of the old undead teams.... so if you got trouble with ghouls on them... why not just rename the undead team into necro team and the necro into undead team?
...so ... no player needs to be added Smile
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

erm instead of wraith have about tomb guard for he standard undead team?

Something like

5 3 2 9 Guard

perhaps?
Adar

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

What would you give the wraith for skills? An etheral creature really doesn't fit in unless you make him very powerful (something like M7 S3 Ag3 Av8 Skills: regenerate, dodge and stand firm access to general skills).

Actually I kinda like that concept. Hard to stop but not very fast or agile, just like an undead should be. I do however feel that Ghouls are the most fitting players, the undead armies have always relied on zombies, skeletons and undead to do their bidding.

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

what about just Ghost?
MV: 7 AG: 3 Str: 3 Av: 9 Dodge, Side Step, Stunty G
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Glimmer, you can't give stunty with Strength 3

I was thinking in a general sense, I know Wraithes were part of Army lists in the Old days, I'm not aware that they ever showed up on the pitch.

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok just to clear things up:
no more Khemri for the moment. 2 teams. 1 dead, one living again.

1st premise: based on the PBBL rosters, with few tweaks but tweaks that "do the trick".
2nd premise: based on Big Mac's BBB rosters, but hey what the heck those are open to debate.

so we have as is:
Code:
UNDEAD TEAM

Skeleton Lineman
Wight Blitzer
Ghoul Runner ***
Mummy Blocker

Code:
NECROMANTIC TEAM

Zombie Lineman
Ghoul Runner ***
Golem Blocker
Werewolf Blitzer

* the Wight on the Necro team will be removed, but there will be more werewolf slots (BBB project/big mac rules)

U can see the pattern: Unique characters on both teams, no doubles, no allied races if you want...

Regarding the werewolf: He was killed, by a werewolf, and then was raised from the dead to become a werewolf himself, perfect fluff.
Leto

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Leave the player stats all the same, leave the same number of players for each position, they're fairly balanced that way. Keep it simple. The less house rules you need the better. If you must, rename the ghoul on the undead team to something else, but keep the stats. Wraith would be fine, would fit with the wights.
Allowing four werewolves would not be good. Leave the ghouls on the necro team. You need cheaper players, werewolves are too good and too expensive to allow more than two of them.

The fewer modifications you make, the easier it will be for everyone playing.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Wraith

7 2 3 7 Shadowing, Nerves Of Steel, Regenerate 80k GA

Perhaps? A little different.

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh somehow I wonder if FA for Wraiths would be cool! It's like, FA because sometimes when ya blocking them there's nothing to block, and because the chill from the grave affects people's passing around them...
BigMac

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry leto this is part of a bigger project, balancing all the races. I claim for myself to know the game so god that i can do a rebalancing of the races, which at the end provides WAY better gameplay because the matchups (race x vs. race y) are way more more interesting.

so this is not just changing LRB. thanks for the feedback anyway.

Wraith seems to be everyones favorite. Can a wraith use a Wight model?
BigMac

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2005 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

OK here is what we are starting with:
Code:
(Undead) 4 GHOUL Runners 7|3|3|7 Dodge 70 gp GA/SP

-Big Mac definitly wants Regenerate, and then the cost should be about 90 gp
-Your suggestions, mixed together i couldn't resist
Code:
(Undead) 4 WRAITH Runners 7|2|3|7 Regenerate, Shadowing, Foul Appearance 90 gp GA/SP

btw great stuff, thx for conributing everyone!
BigMac

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2006 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead Team: Wraith (Runner)

Code:
7|3|3|7 Regenerate, Shadowing 90 gp GA/SP

Necromantic Team: Ghoul (Runner)

Code:
7|3|3|7 Regenerate, Dodge 90 gp GA/SP
 Jump to: