48 coaches online • Server time: 14:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nkelsch

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2006 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, yeah, let me see if I can dig up the rules for it.

Pitching and hitting worked something like this:

*Pitcher had to roll an AGIL roll to pitch. If he failed, the ball was 'easy to hit' and the hitter got to use 2 block dice to hit
*Hitters use a BLOCK die to hit with.

SKULL: Strike!
SKULL/POW: Strike! If has a specific skill you hit the ball 1D6 distance Randomly
ARROW: BALL (There was a skill that let you hit balls)
Exclamation POW: HIT! Hit the ball STRd6 randomly, Place hitter may choose direction
POW: HIT! Hit the ball STRd6, choose direction

There also was 'blocking' but getting physical was considered a 'FOUL' and if you got caught you were just automatically out, not game ejected. THrowing a shoulder into a baseman was a good way to avoid a tag or get some SOB out of the baseline.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2006 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Update:

Fixed some gifs... added a bunch of star players...

All that is left are THRALLS and 4 Stars and the pack is done for normal sized pitch.

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Update: THRALLS, Grashnak and Deathroller! Almost done!

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2006 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Okie, All done. See front page. On to Small icons!

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2006 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

i cant see the wardancers. maybe i'm blind.
anyway very good job. Smile
nkelsch

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2006 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

They are labled BLITZERs... let me fix that

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2006 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

well. i am not that fond of your icons nkelsch. They are really well done. But it is not my taste. I like the work pat does a whole lot. And i completely understand the importance of his work with the big fields. But i really hope he will come back here, and make his donations for the medium once again.

So pat, if you are out there. come back Razz
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2006 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

for me, nicks bulls and his big guys are probably the best icons ive ever seen on a bb pitch! Ogres are fantastic!
Hindsberg

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2006 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

As i said. they are really REALLY well done. but i just like the style of the old ones better. Guess i am old fashioned. And it doesn't look good if you mix the two types of icons.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2006 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, need to make some stunty icons nick! ^^ Wink
Hindsberg

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2006 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. I have gathered a whole lot of icons into a big pack. With different big guys for every team, and some alternate icons for some of the teams, and ekstra positions icons and such. IMO it is really great. And have really increased my eager to play bb. I would like to put it on the Download page, but i don't have anyn space to host it. It is complete with an icon.ini file and all. If someone can helt me out. Or just wanna try it. Let me know. It is really great. The style is not like nkelsch, but the old one as i like it Very Happy
nkelsch

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2006 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hindsberg wrote:
The style is not like nkelsch, but the old one as i like it Very Happy

This makes me laugh... the old ones are nkelsch style since I made them.

And what would be needed for stunties?

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2006 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

what, you made the old ones as well. The real original ones? Well nice. like that style better then these new ones. Think these new ones are too cartoonish. the old ones are just simple. i like that. Well there you go. Guess i like some of your icons anyways.
nkelsch

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2006 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well that 'style' was born of neccessity due to being made for 20x20 spaces and much much worse color resolution. Also, File size was a factor. So the only style differences I know that makes them different is the 'black borders' and 'poorly resized.' They are same proportions and many are the same physical icons used in both. The old ones were super deformed also.
Sorry, the orginal 20x20's may stand up, but the resized, black border ones are bad. Pixelied resizing hurt my eyes to look at. You can see bad re-size errors on the current live icon packs. You can also see how they are not signifigantly different, except the new ones were desigend for 28x28 where the others were not.

Now adays, Black Borders are out. Since almost all devices, even Cell-phones are 16-bit at least. I have to keep with the times even though desktops have been there for years. If I am going to do 'free' work for my portfolio, it has got to be useable stuff. Which means Fuzzy, happy color Chibi's not blocky, black-outline icons.[/img]

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2006 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Nick on this, but I must point out that black (or very dark) borders are still usable, even in 16-bit evironment. Every color gets its true form when situated beside another colors, like Johannes Itten said as we all know B-) Black borders just prevent this interaction between colors happening in our eyes. Itten called it simultaneous contrast, when same color can appear different with different backgrounds or light-dark contrast which we can see happening right in front of our eyes. For example the image Nick uses as signature: On this plain greyish green the icons are very clear and distinct. The borders seem almost as dark as black. But if we would change the backgrount to more darker green the borders would seem lighter. Black doesn't interact with other colors. It stays black. Black borders add contrast since the background pitches can vary so much. I think this could be one reason not all have liked the new icons.
 Jump to: