26 coaches online • Server time: 11:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Dark Elves are Good?
yes
62%
 62%  [ 15 ]
No
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 24

Pat

Post 12 Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The previews of Dark Elves for New project "Large Fields"
In Blood Bowl New Team
The Link:
http://www.bloodbowlnewteam.com/largefieldsproject.htm
What do you think About?
Pat Wink

Barnlato

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent work Pat B-)

I have just a one question? Are you planning the same 'pose' with all the icons? I mean that strictly frontal viewpoint, like somebody had shouted "Atte-e-ention!" - players stick their fists up front and legs slightly bended.

It might be nice to see somebody to push their shoulder a bit, bend their backs etc. There has been some discussion over the Nick's new icons (or in fact the actual minis behind them) about the icons being too similar in appearance. Slight variation with poses could also be a good way to avoid that.

And another thing. Yo seem to have put an old version of Zug on the show. The red icons have wrong colors in them. Please download the updated icons from http://www.liukuma.net/bloodbowl/barnlato_zug.zip
Pat

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks Barnlato
I update Zug
& it's ok to change player's pose, but now it's just a base model for normal players
Another models in prevision...
Pat Wink

veron

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

God job Pat. I think all the other Dark Elves are nice, but the Witch Elf looks a bit chubby on the upper torso. Maybe it's just their enormous boobs huh? Wink But I think the WE looks a bit like a hairy midget at the moment, when she should look tall & lean, if you know what I mean (hey, that rhymed).
gallahbrains

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey man, to be honest I'm not ultra-keen on the Dark Elves, I think they could have more "style" and character. ...BUT The Mighty Zug ROCKS. He looks soooo cool!!!! I love it!
Pat

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks!
the problem with Dark elves is the Minis are not very different, with these firsts icons i try to show the differences but if you have more ideas...Post here
Smallest Boobs for Witches??
Thanks
Pat

masterpaw

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe another color-combination would work better...

light grey for the DE skin and some light blue and yellow for armor ?
like the famous darkside cowboys ! Smile

count luthor rocks !

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

i think the witch elves should be more thin. maybe show more flesh compared to artwork from the darkelf armybook

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2006 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd honestly get confused between the three different male positions. I can just about tell the difference right now but I think the Thrower should lose more armour or maybe lose his helmet. That would provide a large difference. Blitzers and linemen are ok but still hard to tell the difference with. Maybe a shoulder pad should become a skull.

The Witch Elf should have less armour and smaller boobs, at this scale those boobs look more like a big beefy man chest. So they currently look like armoured barbarians. Laughing

Also on skin colour, could I possibly convince you to either go with light grey, or with the classic light blue?

Last of all, despite all my critique, these are a superb job. Far above anything I can do with pixelated art. Smile
gallahbrains

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2006 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand why people want them to look like the miniatures. Who cares!!??

Be creative. Make them dark and stylish.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2006 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Please use more side color. Red/Blue or whatever, but I am colorblind and small amounts of the side colors don't register on my stupid eyes! hehehhe I won't be able to use them if they are only subtley different.

Your samples are the Reds and Blues standing side by side, but it took a minute of close scrutiny for me to notice. At first glance I was looking to see how they differed at all, and a Delf vs. Delf game would end tragically for me.

In fact, most of the large field icons have this problem for me. Surprised(

Otherwise they are stunning. Surprised) I can't wait to kill some.

Da_Todfatha
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2006 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Why are the hobgoblins wearing bras?
 Jump to: