30 coaches online • Server time: 12:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Elf Team Large Fields Icons: Boys or Girls?
Bring on the Girls!
27%
 27%  [ 26 ]
Stick to Boys.
72%
 72%  [ 68 ]
Total Votes : 94

Uber

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd rather see the standard elves than those ridiculous girls.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

What I'd really like to see (for all teams, not just the elves) is good quality photos of well painted official minis. Brownrob does a great job of painting his miniatures, and I'm sure he's not the only one of us with some skill at painting. Really, what I'd like to see is a bunch of submissions from people who do have miniatures that they'd like to show off, and maybe the community could vote on their favourites if there are several for the same race.

BigMac

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all we want to deliver. Right now the task is 3 full sets of icons (small, medium, large) and one full set of portraits. And right now we have as many as 2 (two) designers who actively contribute, since Barnlato takes a well deserved break after the increddible stars he delivered. The elf and beast portraits are the best quality we have and they are finished. So they stay, and will be amongst the very last things to work on, if ever. There are 972* more important design tasks to complete.

* impressive number eh? ^^

Personal Note: the idea why i posted the previews for this project was to get people to join, and give the artists feedback. Me, i'm kinda fed up with the demanding attitude of some posts. My task in this endevor is to coordinate the efforts of various people to get a result in the end, not scattered downloads on scattered websites that only few people will find and implement in their customized clients, but a comprehensive collection of artwork that is cut to fit the squares.

This is my final say on this. Remake of Elf and Beast Portraits has priority after just about everything else. I just haven't seen anybody post here saying "look i just made these fantastic elf portraits and icon's in 3 sizes modeled after my self-painted award winning minnis". If and when that person arrives, i will flush in shame and include his stuff. until then we will stick to what we have.
HouseT

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair, BigMac, you didn't ask anyone to provide portraits or icons. All you asked here was should the elf team be boys or girls. I don't know, maybe I missed something somewhere along the line, but I haven't seen anything all that demanding from anyone (at least not in this thread), aside form people stating that they'd rather have the elves one way or another (which is what you asked them about).

You're entitled to do whatever you want with regard to the project since you seem to be spearheading/coordinating so much of it. But you sound a bit heavy handed when you say "that's the way it is," especially when you specifically asked what people's opinions are and a good many seem to disagree with putting the female elves in.
Vilya_mx

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the poll still points to over 70% voters liking the male elves more.

But that doesn't make the priorities change.

Can I suggest an edit to the opening post in the thread? Specially the addition of the last explanation about priorities and a comment inviting people interested to submit their pics to see if they can help in an even more constructive way.

=^_^=
Laviak

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair, maybe my post came across badly. You guys are doing a great job, and I'm sure that there are a lot of people out here that really appreciate it - I know I do. The only painted elves I have on hand are woodies, so I could have a go at photographing them & putting together some portraits / icons. Their certainly not masterpieces, so we'll see how they look - might have to make liberal use of photoshop to 'touch them up' afterwards Razz

Edit: Hmm, forgot that some of the models are unfinished .. including both of the WDs. Might have to give them a miss Sad
Maybe I should see about scrounging up one of brownrob's threads showing off his (much better) painted minis instead Smile

Last edited by Laviak on Jan 15, 2006 - 10:04; edited 1 time in total
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I found myself thinking "Bigmac is trying to run this thing" when he first started to talk about the project. I was amazed that people accepted him as a project leader. Wouldn't there be trouble? But things seemed to work until now. It's funny to see that BicMac gets outright upset and takes it personally as soon as peoples view on a a subject differs from hsi own. Smile

I think the elfette pics looks quite nice but the elf pics from the same site looks good too and I think it is less confusing if the pictures depict the actual figures. Easy enough for people to customize their personal pics if they prefer.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

meh, if those female elves get included in the final version, Ill resize my own Peo Elf minis and stick to them... end of! No offence, I dont like the shadowfirge femake elves and I like the GW pro elves, no offence like Very Happy

Pat, do you use a template for the outsides of your portraits? if you do, I can help out and do some of my own and send them to you to see what you think, after all Pat is the real star of the show!
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

why do we need a poll if it is one person who decides it all. Smile
i think bigmac wanted to justify his oppinion, but it didnt work out. go on guys keep arguing. Smile
BigMac

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The poll and the way the discussion went showed that the vast mayority (70-80%) of folks like JBB to have "original" GW artwork, to preserve the look and the feel of the original Blood Bowl board game i guess, me too actually. So once again, the folks who cut and draw pictures and icons are advised to try to stick to the original flare.

However, and i am repeating my self, which is the point where i get pissed off, we have tons of artwork to create or refit so there is no point wastig worktime on perfectly good stuff that is already there. Prioriy is to get this project completed.

Oh and one more thing; A poll doesn't mean you decide, it does mean your feedback is welcome.
If SkiJunkie says he insists on the elf team beeing pictures of his ex girlfriends in pink handuffs, then he will flip whatever we send him for those.

At the end of the day, we are doing this project for Ski, in return for bothering him to increase the field size;

(All of this beeing my Idea and me beeing the driving Force behind it, so show me some love you unthankful bas-eball players)
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

yup, its skis client yeah, but also Pat is the one making the portraits, so if pat wants to make ones he wants to, then thats the way it should be...

want a medal? Laughing Wink Very Happy Laughing
zogsquigfoot

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
OK first of all, YES i have been listening.

The Girl Elf Team STAYS.

Um, the poll shows huge support for male elves. I like the female figs and all, but I would prefer to go with the GW figs.
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
me beeing the driving Force

Well isn't that cute. Wink
But I think most the forum poster became aware of your evil identity when you made your first topic. (Ranked SHOULD change this way because I think so) Smile

As has already been mentioned the final decision is the icon makers'.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll just note that I do understand what BigMac is saying and that there is a logic to tabling the issue for the moment in lieu of other more important things.

He just sounds mean, is all. Razz

I've come to understand that maybe that's just how BigMac expresses himself and he doesn't mean any actual slight by it (I know enough "straight shooters" in real life to get that frame of mind). But there did seem to be a little edge to his post that some people may take personally.

Of course, having said that, BigMac probably doesn't care what they think, anyway. Smile
BiggieB

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

well said tinky Smile

mindre ganja än sist Very Happy
 Jump to: