42 coaches online • Server time: 12:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BigMac

Post 1 Posted: Jan 08, 2006 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by BigMac on %b %11, %2006 - %23:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
BigMac

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2006 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The community is leaning towards a certain policy for artwork that is supposed to be included in official releases of future versions of Java Blood Bowl.

Portraits and Icons should match the look of real Blood Bowl miniature figures.

Please use this topic to provide pictures of real Blood Bowl miniatures, for the Icon and Portrait designers to use or to be inspired from. Add some information to your pictures, for example what they show exactly and the source where you got it from. All Blood Bowl related miniature figure pictures are welcome!

Only pictures of the most recent, newest Games Workshop Blood Bowl miniature figures will make it into the official Java Blood Bowl release.

Other artwork, from previous Blood Bowl editions or from other manufacturers will be used in expansion packs that will provide alternative sets of Icons and Portraits for your teams to use. Source for the above pictures of the first ten official teams is of course the Games Workshop US Online Store.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2006 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, Black Orc to follow, at this size, painting looks bad, but thats because its 3 times as big as usual!

*** Moved! ***
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2006 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, my painting isnt as good as whats above, but I just took these shots of my Pro Elves, did a NAF sponsor logo on the shirts, and they are not easy to paint!

YOu can use them if you like!

Image Image Image Image

The lighting in my house is awful which is why the minis look awful lol!
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2006 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, sorry for the spam.... just found my undead, there is Gloss Varnish on them which destroys them IMO, but they were done ages ago! We have no Undead yet, so I threw these up... do you guys want a pic of each mini I have?

BigMac

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2006 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

this is our starting point and main source: http://www.bloodbowlnewteam.com/Portraits.htm

Even pictures that may not become (standard) portraits included, they might give an idea for an icon or pose, or an alternative portraits pack!
Heck, just looking at cool painted miniatures like yours is great Smile
Odium_Khan

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2006 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If you'd like the original pics, just drop me a line. Otherwise, just follow link below to my Khemri team and player pics.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=44269

Edit: They are official GW miniatures, just converted from the WH range.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2006 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

very nice Odium, I think i saw those on TBB! While Im here Ill spam some more amd put more pics up, but yours are well nicer then mine Odium! But if we are doing this, the Stars should be colour coordinated with the regular plasyers I think!

Pat

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2006 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

This post is Great...Very good pictures & minis
Thanks
Pat Wink

BigMac

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2006 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Beast of Nurgle, found by Webbe - from the other threat.

BigMac

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2006 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
ok, i pulled a few minis out of the cabinet and took 5megapixel pics hehe have positions for dwarf, zon, norse, high elf and wood elf and a few stars... at that resolution you can see every mistake on the paintjob hehe but i left them like hat for anyone who would like to work on them for portraits. the lighting i used wasnt great either... but sorry about that lol, click on each image to see a bigger one... biiiig images so if your on dialup you will be waiting a while hehe

http://www33.websamba.com/ballyreagh-silver/untitled-2.html
BigMac

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2006 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Aconite wrote:
Found a couple of pictures through google...

http://www.terrainosaur.com/fantasy/spawn1.jpg
http://www.militarydispatches.co.uk/photographs/SciFi/40KChaos/fullsize/Beast%20of%20Nurgle.JPG

Hope they are of some use
gallahbrains

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I really can't understand why icons should have to match a minature that some guy at GW thought up. Can't we be a bit creative???? As long as it represents the position. Geez.

I mean, if everyone could sculpt well I'd bet they'd be quick to make their own bloodbowl miniatures!!! As the vast amount of "conversions" testifies to. Just seems so restrictive, uneccessary, GW-lacky nonsense.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmmm we gonna use any of these? Ive painted up some CD's with a couple of WFB Bull Centaurs instead of your usual Hthark mini...
fen

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2006 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Because I love the thrall team so much I thought I'd offer up my thrall minis for icons.

is the first one, the others are needing basing and probably won't get done anytime soon (well one might get finished this weekend.)

I'll have a vampire up later.
 Jump to: