20 coaches online • Server time: 03:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Squaq

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2003 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It was suggested that there should be a challenge system. Basically im againt such a system. But how do you then encourage people to play "up" (against higher Str teams)?

Personally i dont mind playing up, if I win you get this cool feeling of being a real BB-badass. The problem is that the feeling doesnt last that long, and the risk you take can be fatal...
"yeah i won but my three best players are dead Confused "
While the other player thinks:
"ohh well i lost but there was good spp's in it and nobody will know that i sucked anyway"

Here I think is the answer. Extend the good feeling somehow!? Let people know that your a dare devil and you are good at it or let (not my favorite) people know that you suck.

Here some might say that this is the coachrating im refering to, - well yeah in a way. But the coach rating is flawed. ie. a goblincoach will never get a high coachrating.

How can we extend that feeling? Should we?
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2003 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm working on a challenge system for the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. Sign up for the group if you're interested (that may encourage me to sort out my rules a little quicker). I was thinking about awarding points according to the TR differences and scores of the matches. I'm still debating max# of challenges per week or taking your best one. It will probably resemble a league, but there will be a championship match and some nifty prizes. More to come at a later date.

As Always,

Evolve To Anarchism

http://www.changesurfer.com/
 Jump to: