47 coaches online • Server time: 15:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Synn

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The concept of "flex" positionals (thank you Borgen for the name). This works as such.

Certain teams would have their positional allowance shrunk and replaced with "flex" allotment.

Example:

Skaven currently have:
0-2 Stormvermin
0-4 Gutterrunners

Under this new system they would have:

0-2 Stormvermin
0-2 Gutterrunners
0-2 Flex**

**Flex may be one of the following: Stormvermin, Gutterrunner.

This means that skaven teams could swap two of their gutters for SV if they so desire.

This would not apply to all teams (sorry woodelves, wardancers are just that damn rare), but there are certain teams that can benefit from this arrangement.

High elves could flex between their catchers and blitzers. Undead could flex between their wights and ghouls. Darkelves could flex between their witchies and blitzers. And Orcs......... provided they lose two BoBs... could flex between their blitzers and BoBs. With the Orcs, lets face it, they need a serious nerfing.

Thoughts are appreciated but the intention of this change is to provide greater customization of some of the CORE teams.

Peace,
__Synn
Borgen

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

We already see this with the Chaos choosing one of the 3 big men, so its not like this is something out of the blue. I think its a great idea for adding some flexibility and variation to teams of the same race. Lets people move their teams in a little different direction, perhaps differentiating the skills they would have otherwise selected. As Synn said, it doesnt need to be too radical, and doesnt need to be applied to every team type. My preference would be to keep the witch elves at 2, or maybe have 1 DE flex position, but love the flex with the skaven, orcs, pro elves, high elves...
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Akthough a nice enough idea Synn, this isnt really the place to discuss a thing such as this. most of fumbbl uses the LRB, and seeing as we have no influence on that, the best bet is to hope to influence the guys in the process of developing the Vault rules. So might wanna take the idea to their forum.
Synn

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes Nighteye, this is understood. But Fumbbl is the largest community of BloodBowl players in the world. To not bounce this concept off of the masses here is foolish to say the least. I do want this to be taken seriously and understand that this is not the place that would implement it. However, feedback from fumbbl is important to me.

Peace,
__Synn
Webbe

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 06:50 Reply with quote Back to top

No doubt an interesting idea (would require lots of thought and playtesting on every team implemented on though) but since vault went away from the choice of big guy for Chaos, CDs and Norse I can't see it ever happening.
Brad

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Great Idea Synn, We use this in our league, especially when trialing concept teams (Such as Half Elves (Backs vs Forwards) or Chaotic Chaos (Combined Chaos / Nurgle Team with 1 BG and 4 ST4s MAX))

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it!

Anything that enables flexibility without trashing the whole game itself (read Vault) sounds good to me!
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it as well. The problem I see with it is that the Vault has been underway for some time now and this is a rather massive change, in my oppinion, and I'm afraid it might be too late to sway the BBRC in your favour. I'm crossing my fingers for ya Wink
spinball

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly I like the idea. It gives greater flexibility. Though with WE I think you could make it 0-2 wardancers 0-2 catchers, but make the execption that the flex position is 0-1 wardancers, or 0-2 catchers.

I also Agree that the Orcs are broken. Why don't we just give them racial traits and call this orcbowl instead of bloodbowl, obviously the worst team design. The Blitzers should be 90k and the rerolls should be at least 70k. Get rid of the goblins or the throwers, no other team has 6 different types of players to choose from, (troll, lineman, goblin, bob, blitzers and throwers) and neither should orcs. The 0-2 blitzers, 0-2 black orcs with 0-2 flex would turn them from being overpowered to just good.
Roseph

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2011 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well im not sure any idea from Synn is a good one Very Happy
Astarael

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2011 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, a ponderous idea for sure. Whilst I can see a more diverse arrangement of teams, i'm not sure about the overall balance of the rosters were this implemented.

One thinks that perhaps this is a conundrum worthy of length debate, perhaps spanning a long period of time.